Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    se9addick said:
    Last weekend...

This weekend...

How did it look on Wednesday night?

Understand the point you're making but not actually that much different. Only Huddersfield and Wigan got anything today and even then it was only draws.

Barnsley and Luton both won and are now right back in it.

If Luton beat us next week they're 3 points behind us.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I never thought I’d accuse a Bowyer team of a lack of effort but I’ll accuse that side. There was a lack of effort in defending and in showing for the ball. And a lack of application and concentration with play breaking down in key areas again and again because of sloppy control, a poor pass and nobody making the run. Lazy, sloppy performance.

Just watch the replay of McGeady for their second goal. He could not be arsed.

Of course he can't. He's on loan.........
  • Options
    Other than the 3 play off games we never turn up for the "big" games so we shouldn't be surprised anymore, really looking forward to Millwall now..........
  • Options
    Absolute garbage, back in the relegation mix after today's results. 
  • Options
    Well don’t think that shit show will entice many to come back, packed out away end last week - shit show on offer, packed out ground today - shit show on offer. Moral of the story the 12th man isn’t that important and next week.           “ we go again “ are we still blaming roland? 
  • Options
    The good: we were much better than last Saturday.

The bad: eveerything else, including the Blackburn commentary.

I wish we had a player that can put in a dead ball as well as Downing.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thank God we won at Forest is all I can say.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Last weekend...

This weekend...

Understand the point you're making but not actually that much different. Only Huddersfield and Wigan got anything today and even then it was only draws.

Barnsley and Luton both won and are now right back in it.

If Luton beat us next week they're 3 points behind us.
    You've forgotten an IF
  • Options
    Williams is the key to our season now for me. We are simply a different proposition with him in the team. Can someone please wrap him in cotton wool.
    I feel like we play our best football as a whole when Oztumer plays. 

Do you reckon we could actually play both. And just go for it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luton and Huddersfield are very big games now.
  • Options
    Awful game, awful weather. Blackburn the better team but we did threaten in patches - just poor touches and a lack of quality in the final third.

Rovers’ Buckley was the best player on the pitch. Never missed a pass and was a right handful.

Pearce always looks so clumsy! Not cutting the mustard. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Last weekend...

This weekend...

Barnsley won at Fulham?
  • Options
    Football for a fiver, weird weather, I have to say I wasn't really expecting anything else, but it would've been nice if we'd made a better fist of it than it sounded like. Those three points in midweek look like they're going to come in very handy.
  • Options
    Can't be playing Davis and Cullen together at home.
    Just don't play Davis at all. Fail to see what he offers. Woeful display. Would rather we played 4_4_2 but hey ho. No comes out with much credit. If we want to push on into the play offs in the next couple of seasons we need an overhaul and some money spent otherwise forget it. 
  • Options
    Williams is the key to our season now for me. We are simply a different proposition with him in the team. Can someone please wrap him in cotton wool.

In my fantasies I think we could in a 4-3-3. It would be super attacking and rely a lot on Cullen breaking up play and shielding the defence. But I feel with the ball we would move the ball nicely. 

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington/Doughty
                          Cullen
                  Williams Oztumer
           Green      Taylor      Doughty/McGeady

• Options
    Miserable. Weather didn't help but we didn't turn up. 

Bad day at the office. Next Saturday is a must win.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Last weekend...

This weekend...

Did you miss Luton and Barnsley winning away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I thought Davis was alright when he came on... didn't hide like the rest of the midfield had been doing all game
    Wasn’t he on from the start?
  • Options
    Crap.  Not one Charlton player showed up except, imo Naby.

First 5 minutes of each half we could have got something but the skill wasn't there.

Hang on for the summer and hope for some good business.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I thought Davis was alright when he came on... didn't hide like the rest of the midfield had been doing all game
    Davis started the game, Green, Bonne and Smith came on.
  • Options

In my fantasies I think we could in a 4-3-3. It would be super attacking and rely a lot on Cullen breaking up play and shielding the defence. But I feel with the ball we would move the ball nicely. 

Phillips
                          Cullen
                  Williams Oztumer

Like it. Why not give it a go:)
  • Options
    Oh and Pearce. Words fail me.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Wasn’t he on from the start?
    Oops... Keep confusing Davis and Smith... time to see the doctor.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He started !!
  • Options
    The general opinion seemed to be that last season and for the early part of this, Bowyer got his tactics right?

What’s the general consensus now about his tactics?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him take the blame for a defeat and I’m not suggesting he should for this one but just curios to hear from those regular attendees?
  • Options
    Thank God we won at Forest is all I can say.
    At the risk of sounding overly dramatic that could be the bonus result that keeps us up.
  • Options

Phillips
                          Cullen
                  Williams Oztumer

Like it. Why not give it a go:)
    Let’s give the Doughty twins a run out..