Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Do we have something written into the loan deals that guarantees minutes? Would have rather had Williams/Oz for McGeady, and anyone else for Green and Taylor.
  • Options

Barnsley won at Fulham?
    Yes they did,  3.0
  • Options
    tl95 said:
    Awful game, awful weather. Blackburn the better team but we did threaten in patches - just poor touches and a lack of quality in the final third.

Rovers’ Buckley was the best player on the pitch. Never missed a pass and was a right handful.

Pearce always looks so clumsy! Not cutting the mustard. 
    Pearce was superb first half
  • Options
    Lousy performance but thankfully Wigan didn't win.
    I don't mind Luton winning at this stage as it keeps Boro in it, but makes next Saturday crucial 
  • Options
    Davis needs to be dropped for next week 
  • Options
    What did peeps think of smith?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Better than midweek but doesn't bring much. 
  • Options
    Bad game, bad day. I'm just gonna be here to read the massive over reactions to getting beat by a better side.
    Getting beaten by a better team is fine, if there are 21 better teams we are fucked. That's not bed wetting
  • Options
    Matthews only player that played well, the rest were flat. I like Green but he was abysmal when he came on, Bonne and smith pretty anonymous in their cameos too. 
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights. Not a pen in the first half, Pearce on their guy.

Why is Taylor taking our free kicks?
  • Options

Possibly because he is slotting them in the onion bag more than anyone else during training.
  • Options

It's him or Cullen and tbh Cullens dead balls have been shite. 
  • Options
    Crowd turns up. Team doesn’t. Shower of chite and given the weather I could have done with staying at home. 
    Another wasted afternoon.  ‘Tis the lot of a Charlton Supporter. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    He wasn’t great - but he was in good company on that one. Hard to judge a player on the hour or whatever it’s been that he has played for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

I never thought I’d accuse a Bowyer team of a lack of effort but I’ll accuse that side. There was a lack of effort in defending and in showing for the ball. And a lack of application and concentration with play breaking down in key areas again and again because of sloppy control, a poor pass and nobody making the run. Lazy, sloppy performance.

Just watch the replay of McGeady for their second goal. He could not be arsed.

Don't agree. They were trying, but ineffective. Needed to control the tempi of the game more through Cullen. Unfortunately, either due to Cullen not quite being fully fit or Mowbray identifying this and nullifying him, the match was lost. The only counter today was Williams or McGeady, the former was crocked and the latter was too central which for me didn't work. 
  • Options
    Can we please stop these £5 matches and Charge £50 instead !
    I waved goodbye today.

I will be back for Luton because I'm Charlton till I die, even though my legal team are waiting to see if Millwall pay my release clause.
  • Options
    Blackburn were surprisingly good & better than us from start to finish.

Thoroughly deserved win.

We missed Williams & Pratley. 
    Davis & McGeady added little. 
    Cullen had another quiet game, no midfield. 

Hmm maybe CE, as a battling away performance, but both their goals were lucky - first was a deflection and second the scorer knew little about it. 
  • Options
    They looked a composed and a well balanced side, we ran around like headless chickens.

Could have been worse with Phillips daydreaming at the edge of his area when their second half free kick went thankfully wide.