Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Brits

Comments

• Options
    Jack Whitehall is actually shit. 
  • Options
    Praising fellas For being inside - how cool and someone to look up to for all the Young kings and queens 

Christ on a bike... You ever think that as its likely he's referring to the many, many black youths that have been wrongly incarcerated or doing time that when a white youth does the same crime serves half the time, exactly what Jack Merritt was fighting against.

Drop me out some of the comments in this thread are a joke 
    This is a wind up right? 

As it’s a public forum people are entitled to there opinions - it has been said many times before. 

I agree it is a possibility but I am sure that in the current time there aren’t that many people in prison for crimes they haven’t done!. 
  • Options
    Only ever heard of Dave because he did that Thiago Silva song and some kid got up on stage and rapped with him at Glastonbury.

Couldn't tell you another one of his songs at all.
  • Options
    The Brit Awards.........taken over by the usual virtue signaling wankers! 
  • Options
    Did Blur or Oasis win anything?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ll neither get my lighters up nor go vexing in his boat.

Stormzy just don’t do it for me
    Most overrated artist out there at the moment.
    After watching about 10 minutes I’m guessing this is a new, very competitive category.
    who won?
  • Options
    Didn’t watch it, did the Rolling Stones win anything? Or was it auto tuned music for 15 year old kids?
  • Options
    Watched it all, it was mostly ok until Rod Stewart turned up - jeez....
  • Options
    agree go out gracefully, although i imagine very hard for someone who has been doing it as long as him. 
  • Options
    I'm keep thinking I'm too old for all  this synth voiced girl music or the tone deaf rap/grime/drill/shite/whatever.
    Then I have a real think, I'm not old and I actually like real music that has lyrics, melody, musicians that can actually play an instrument and "stars" that dont have to make juvenile speeches.
    Lucky for me me my old mother was in the A&E at Woolwich  last night so I got to see the real grit of South East London and was spared ITV and the "best" of British music annual backslapping.  My wife watched it but she is tone deaf, the target audience.
  • Options
    God knows what they paid Hans Zimmer to turn up. The only bloke there with any talent.
  • Options
    The Brits are dead to me until the Pink Fairies get a lifetime achievement award.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Whether you agree with Dave or not, the kid is incredibly articulate and talented. I'd rather someone in his position use his platform to bring attention to issues he cares about (whether you do or not) than churn out some shite, pointless fodder that makes it in to the charts nowadays.
    Yeah big up those gangland killers in jail.
    Not to mention calling our Prime minister racist, is there actually any evidence of this? Forgive me I'm not completely itk with politics.
  • Options

Again, what do you think Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones were spending their time doing? Standing on their head?

Dave didn't say a single racist thing - Being Pro Black isn't Anti White.

As for the rap is crap brigade. Its been around for almost 50 years and has about 25 different sub genre's within it.

• Options
    Was there and enjoyed it. The acts were diverse, inclusive and representative of what the kids to adults are listening to. I was gutted that Michael Kiwanuka did not get an award, as his music and albums are top quality.

Billie Eilish (aged 18) is nothing short of incredible. I would not have been able to string a sentence on a stage with 100 people watching at that age, but she and her brother Phineas have propelled them to global stars, filling out stadiums and arenas after just a year or two of her career.

May not be to all of us elder generations taste, but my daughter and all her mates, love it.

celebrating 40 years, cue a Rod or Tom (Jones), but odd final song choice. Could have ended with Sailing or Handbags and Gladrags etc.
  • Options
    Brothers doing life for a murder at Victoria station. Other brother did 4 years for fraud. His father was absent growing up. But everything is Boris fault and the disadvantage of being black. Just stick to the rapping lad. Sorry Chiz.
    Relevance? Dave was 10 years old when his brother did that.....
  • Options
    Brothers doing life for a murder at Victoria station. Other brother did 4 years for fraud. His father was absent growing up. But everything is Boris fault and the disadvantage of being black. Just stick to the rapping lad. Sorry Chiz.
    Relevance? Dave was 10 years old when his brother did that.....
    What's his age got to do with it?