Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Brits

Comments

• Options
    Racial stereotyping??? Haha WTF.
    Part of the problem then aren't you.
    No I think you'd find that you are
  • Options

I am going to explain something very clearly. Society looks at a black person very differently than a white person.

My son is 8, half white, half black. Is consistently in the top 3 or 4 in his class across all subjects.

recently, he was trying to do the right thing and break up a fight in the playground when one of the kids  turned round and punched my son in the eye, my son has had blurry vision ever since and his retina may be permanently damaged.

The playground supervisor said that it was just "black boys being black boys". So if you for a minute going to make light of things you have got another thing coming.

• Options
    This thread certainly has taken a turn....
  • Options

I am going to explain something very clearly. Society looks at a black person very differently than a white person.

My son is 8, half white, half black. Is consistently in the top 3 or 4 in his class across all subjects.

recently, he was trying to do the right thing and break up a fight in the playground when one of the kids  turned round and punched my son in the eye, my son has had blurry vision ever since and his retina may be permanently damaged.

The playground supervisor said that it was just "black boys being black boys". So if you for a minute going to make light of things you have got another thing coming.

What was the outcome when you reported this incident, what was said and the Playground Supervisor to the school? 
  • Options
    incredible, what an odious piece of shit you are
    Thanks
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I think it's more that ibborg was making a big old joke out of "Dave" as an acronym and you've massively misinterpreted this as racial stereotyping.

Even I, as self-appointed CL Champion of "Ain't Broke I'm Woke", have seen the funny(ish) side!
    It's okay Paddy, no drama
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread certainly has taken a turn....
    I gave it 10 minutes some time ago but I feel the end is near, an admin finger somewhere is hovering over the close thread button  ;)
  • Options
    *sighingly looks up from book* god guys, do you need me to sort this one out
  • Options
    Heading in the usual direction i see?

Carry on.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So this Dave character, uses his gangbanger child killing brother on his albums just to help in rehabilitation, and it's nothing to do with bravado. Okay
    Read my post again. In no way am I saying this. You are literally choosing to ignore the wider context I point to, so you can distil what you think I've said into something that looks ridiculous. 

In case my original reply didn't make this clear, and at the risk of incurring BBW's ire again, it's about nuance. 
    Again?? I didnt even read it a first time 😉

I weren't necessarily referencing you mate, just your collective side of the debate. I'm not sure what happened with regards to Dave's brother appearing on his album (Was it recorded, or was it done after he was locked up?), but imo, part of a child murderer's rehabilitation should maybe be sitting in a circle playing the maracas, not having the opportunity to record on albums, which ars aimed at the same circles you once murdered in
    Hah, fair enough. Essays are my rather boring MO I suppose.

Okay, I see what you mean, though I am personally loath to be seen to be taking sides or anything. I think Dave bigging up prisoners is monumentally stupid with the context of him seeing his brother as a hero in one form or another. But then, he explains his anger. So it's not as straightforward as "he's glorifying gangsters" - nor is it as straightforward as "he obviously only means the wrongfully imprisoned".

But yeah, when it comes to the album thing, I think it was a voice recording rather than going into a studio and all that stuff (think similar to Chris Adamson, the roadie who opens on Speak To Me/Breathe by the Floyd, with "I've been mad for fucking years" etc etc).

That's more Dave's artistic license than anything else. But there we have it.
  • Options

As disappointing as that is to hear, don’t go looking to blame someone on here that is having a joke about the pricks name (DAVE ffs)

you are the only person I can see bringing race into it.
  • Options
    Anyone watch the Brits last night?
    Nope
  • Options
    Paddy more or less spot-on here tbf, I don't need to add much. I find DAVE a bit trite myself - I'm sure he's got great work in him but I'm not convinced I've heard it yet; I do think he's grappling intelligently with complex and damaging issues that have affected his life, and I certainly don't think he's glorifying murder.

JME and Little Simz both released far superior grime albums in 2019 imo
  • Options
    saw Mabel and that was it. Her Mum is Nenah Cherry if anyone didn't know that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the comments around Dave’s name are tongue in cheek but I’ll explain the reasoning behind it anyway.

His full name is Dave Santan. His mum wanted him to be a banker when he was growing up. So, when he became a rapper, he flipped his two names around so it became ‘Santan Dave’, which sounds like Santander (the bank). However, after recently becoming successful, he dropped the Santan from his stage name.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
     Little Simz both released far superior grime albums in 2019 imo
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Also I wouldn't call Dave's album grime in the slightest
  • Options
    saw Mabel and that was it. Her Mum is Nenah Cherry if anyone didn't know that.
    Ya na aat a mean gigolo ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    If i can be so bold, I thought Dizzee was grime and Dave more drill? 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    If i can be so bold, I thought Dizzee was grime and Dave more drill? 
    Dizzee is grime, Dave is rap.
  • Options
    here we go
  • Options
    Dizzee was grime, Dave rap
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    here we go
    Is over mate
  • Options
    Wiki says his name is David Orobosa Omoregie.