Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Luton | Sat 22 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Bowyer used to say, he prefers two strikers, but mainly because of injuries has not been able to. He tried Leko and now Green up front with Bonne and Taylor and now Hemed with Taylor, but I don't think it will work until Bonne is fit and we play Taylor and Bonne
  • 0-2 luton our first double loss of the season 
  • shine166 said:
    0-2 luton our first double loss of the season 
    After Swansea and Preston, could be our third.
    It won't happen.
  • adrian said:
    shine166 said:
    0-2 luton our first double loss of the season 
    After Swansea and Preston, could be our third.
    It won't happen.
    Ah my bad, got loss all over it though. Il stick £5 on a luton win just to make sure it doesn't happen.
  • edited February 2020
    Luton's strength in depth and the quality of their players will overcome us.

0-5
  • edited February 2020
    Luton play the diamond, we should know how to combat that(!).
    We don't need 5 at the back - but we must be solid in midfield - and 2 up front.

If we turn up, we win.

• Whatever happens Oztumer must start for me.

I am bringing my missus to this one - she is unbeaten so far watching Charlton (3 wins 1 draw).
    You got a like from me for both of those separate statements!
  • We were very disappointing at Kenilworth Road,  yes we had injuries but that was a real missed opportunity to get a vital 3 points against a relegation rival

Luton's turnaround isn't just a fluke, as they did strengthen in the window, notably Cameron Carter-Vickers on loan from Spurs. I think this will be a tight affair.
  • Love to win but definitely don't lose this game, Luton will fancy this so hopefully they bugger off down hearted, 2-1 win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton 0-6 Luton.
  • Scared to death about this one... 
  • Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy 
    Oi Oi Oi. 
    Stage is set for our mini Messi. 
    2-1
  • Sage said:
    I'd start with the following:

Phillips
    Matthews
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Davis
    Cullen               
    Oztumer
    McGeady
    Taylor           
    Green

Davis in the holding midfielder role with McGeady playing CAM.
    I like the look of that team in a 4-2-3-1 with Green wide right, Oztumer behind Taylor, and McGeady wide left.
    Was thinking the same, and as you had it, Green and McGeady drift wide, or even Taylor drifts wide right at times, Oz through the middle, Davis and Cullen anchoring. Playing Davis on the left of a diamond asked him to do some work in possession and in the attacking third that he didn't quite look up to. But I like the flexibility this offers.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton 0-6 Luton.
    Just got to go one better haven't you?
  • Away win, Luton know they must get 3 points.
  • Oztumer has to start, and one of Green or Bonne up top with Taylor. 

• edited February 2020
    Talal said:
                           Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
                           Pratley 
                  Cullen      Oztumer
                            Aneke 
                   Taylor     Bonne

Davis if Pratley isn't fit. 
    I quite like that. It looks right for at home against Luton. 
  • Pratley is injured I believe 
  • Maybe swap with Davis then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know if Forster-Caskey is injured again or just out of favour? He didn't make the 18 for both the Stoke and Blackburn games after his 30 minute subs performance against Barnsley. Hopefully Bonne starts tomorrow in place of Hemed and Aneke gets a chance to come off the bench.
  • I think he is injured
  • Bow's will set up super defensive, Luton will score an early goal. After that they'll have 11 men behind the ball.
    Cannot see us getting anything sadly, hope I'm wrong....
  • I think Bowyer can set up a reasonably attacking team and it will be interesting if he does. I suspect that too much caution on our part is Luton's best chance.
  • Pratley is injured I believe 
    Unless anything new has come out wasn't he a doubt for the game with back spasms? So could possibly make it but if not then Davis. 
  • Hoping for a win but expecting a 2-1 defeat!
  • Talal said:
                           Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
                           Pratley 
                  Cullen      Oztumer
                            Aneke 
                   Taylor     Bonne

Davis if Pratley isn't fit. 
    I quite like that. It looks right for at home against Luton. 
    I feel we must have two midfielders capable of creating/attacking. If we lined up with say Davis, Cullen, Smith + Oztumer we're just asking for trouble; The onus on that one creative player would be too great.