Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Luton | Sat 22 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We score first, we win. We press hard, we win, we sit back or miss a lot of chances, we lose. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    3-0 home win and a clean sheet for the Addicks gives all CAFC fans a night of dry sheets.
  • Options
    I've woken up in Chiang Mai in Thailand this morning feeling extremely confident. It's just a matter of how many we will win by. Sadly, this overconfidence will gradually dissipate as the morning and afternoon (here) wears on. Whether I am still hopeful of sneaking a 1-0 win by kick off time is highly uncertain. I don't care how we win as long as we win.
  • Options
    Even more nervous today. 

They have the wind in their sails and little to lose. We are faltering and have not looked quite right since the New Year. Even with the kids we were fearless and had a right go. It's not lack of effort it's lack of conviction and confidence and our team sheet is simply not very good.

Williams and Pratley will be missed but if we have the courage to start with Taylor and Bonne up front that will signal our intent and put the wind up them.

If it's Taylor and Green isolated up front while Pearce defends from our 18 yard line that's suicide and I'm off to bed. We don't need to be reckless but we must be positive.

1-1.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    They've sold 2500 tickets, although we are probably the closest away game atm. Still strong number considering they only have  just over a 10000 home attendance. 
    They've always a decent level of support, even when they dropped into non league.

If and when they ever move to their new stadium i'm sure they'll sell it out.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    They've sold 2500 tickets, although we are probably the closest away game atm. Still strong number considering they only have  just over a 10000 home attendance. 
    They've always a decent level of support, even when they dropped into non league.

If and when they ever move to their new stadium i'm sure they'll sell it out.
    Yeah for sure, they even have a waiting list for that dump they currently call home. 
  • Options
    Phillips 
    Matthews, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Davis
    Cullen, Doughty
    Oztumer
    Taylor, Bonne 

We won with this formation against them 10 months ago.  No respect to them just go for the jugular.  With Taylor and Bonne up top you get endeavour and tracking back as well as goals so it wouldn’t leave us too open.  A valley performance needed.  2-1.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    With the terrible news and sad passing of the little luton boy, They will want to win this for him. They will work there absolute nuts off. If we don’t match them with the same commitment and desire, which given the circumstances will be hard to do, we will get bulldozed today.  
    Or they'll do a Charlton and fail to turn up on their big occasion.
  • Options
    Tres Bonn!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't want this to sound wrong because I back the bloke, but I hope this is the game, now we have enough players back, that Bowyer finds his balls again. I was minded to think of the home game against them last season where I was pretty sure we were going out to beat them and beat them well, and we did. I just don't think we will today for some reason. Not that we won't win, but we won't really impose our game onto theirs.

Like I said, I back Bowyer but he has to find that front foot mentality again. I understand why he lost it, it was down to necessity and circumstances, but I hope he wakes up this morning and says to himself, ' Let's do 'em'. 
    100% this. 
  • Options
    Home win
    Btts
    Lockyer last goal
    230/1
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Home win
    Btts
    Lockyer last goal
    230/1
    Btts?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Home win
    Btts
    Lockyer last goal
    230/1
    Btts?
    Both teams to score
  • Options
                           Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Dougherty 
                          Cullen
                     Davis Smith
                            Oz
                    Taylor Bonne

Only change would be Purrington for Doh as he is more suited to the LB role but want Doh's attacking ability. Liked the look of Smith 2nd half against Blackburn and think he deserves a chance today, gives us a bit of movement in the middle of the park which we've been lacking since conor left. Would like to see Green and Mcgeady on in the latter stages when their legs are tiring.
  • Options
    Your turn @Bedsaddick

Blimey ! 
  • Options
    We have to have at them. Go 5-0 up, then we can think about protecting our lead. 
  • Options
    Would be nice to have a convincing win, all wrapped up well before the 8 mins of injury time. Solid 3 - 0. Taylor, Bonne and Sarr.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won’t make it to-day, sitting by the pool. 
    Looks nice. Where is that? 
  • Options
                           Phillips
                          Cullen
                     Davis Smith
                            Oz
                    Taylor Bonne

Only change would be Purrington for Doh as he is more suited to the LB role but want Doh's attacking ability. Liked the look of Smith 2nd half against Blackburn and think he deserves a chance today, gives us a bit of movement in the middle of the park which we've been lacking since conor left. Would like to see Green and Mcgeady on in the latter stages when their legs are tiring.
    No offence but that's a midfield I would be gutted to see. 
  • Options
    Nervous about this.  The injury to Williams combined with the losses of Gallagher, Leko and Field suggests to me our squad has gone backwards even since the start of the season.  Would like to see Aneke come in as he may just offer a spark and something different, maybe to play behind Taylor and Bonne upfront.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Talal said:
                           Phillips
                          Cullen
                     Davis Smith
                            Oz
                    Taylor Bonne

No offence but that's a midfield I would be gutted to see. 
    Me too. I can't honestly see how anybody can like the look of a player who offered absolutely nothing. Maybe he will improve but he was dog shite last Saturday - we would have been just as well playing one of our kids.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Home win
    Btts
    Lockyer last goal
    230/1
    Btts?
    Has to be sarr last goal! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    That’s the pool, equivalent of @razil lawn. I’ve seen bigger baths :smile:

• Options
    That’s the poo, equivalent of @razil lawn. I’ve seen bigger baths :smile:

I think he meant foot spa,