Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Luton | Sat 22 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sleep tight, little man.
  • Options
    I reckon we will be up for this one 2-0 up halftime, they score and we score in the last 5 to kill it off. 3-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Whatever else happens, we have to set up offensively for this one.  No sitting deep and inviting them on.  Go for the jugular. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Awesome atmosphere that day with a half empty North Stand too.
  • Options
    Mu gut instinct is simply that the loss of Williams is going to make a huge difference in this game.
    Don't fancy us at all, particularly after last week's performance, which had more than a whiff of relegation about it.
    1-2.
  • Options
    I think if we put out something like Talal has suggested there will be enough attacking options in there to have more than a decent chance. If we are ultra cautious Luton have a bit of confidence from their last two games and might do us.
  • Options
    Worried about this one. We can't afford to lose it in my opinion if we want to maintain our buffer from relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 1 - 3 Luton Town.

Although whenever I predict a loss we seem to win so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Have a spare U21 ticket for this one in J Block of the Covered End. Inbox me on here and I'll email it to you for free

• Options
    Fancy a draw which wouldnt be as bad as result as people might think 1-1. 
  • Options
    As others have said, very nervous. Still remember that defeat at Selhurst all those years ago which could have been so costly. I think we will miss Williams too much and have a bad feeling about this one. 1-0 Luton, it is going to the wire.
  • Options
    As others have said, very nervous. Still remember that defeat at Selhurst all those years ago which could have been so costly. I think we will miss Williams too much and have a bad feeling about this one. 1-0 Luton, it is going to the wire.
    Got married that day. 
  • Options
    Phillips 

matthews 
    sarr
    Lockyer 
    purrington

cullen
    otzumer
    doughty
    Aneke

bonne
    taylor

Green on second half as bone tires and mageady in for aneke to slide green in - don’t want to see any shutting up of shop - want to see a 2nd phase of attack 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We have to avoid defeat at all cost and it wouldn’t surprise me of LB lined up defensively because of that . In my opinion that would be a massive mistake.

lets take it to them . Bonn and Taylor must start together . 

2-1 win 
    Only read as far as this post before I put my head in my hands......

"It wouldn't surprise me if LB set up defensively....."

Wtf ??? Did you not read FA's opening post  - they have let in 66 goals. The last thing we want to do is "go defensive". Attack from the off & keep attacking. Only way we will win this game is if we score 3 goals. At their place we even took an early lead & 1 goal there wasn't enough, even with them being on a 5 game losing streak they managed to beat us...!  Now they are on a winning streak so god help us if we sit back.

3-1 defeat as we dont know how to take games by the scruff of the neck. 

• Options
    Draw.
  • Options
    They've sold 2500 tickets, although we are probably the closest away game atm. Still strong number considering they only have  just over a 10000 home attendance. 
  • Options
    draw

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Come on you Welsh.

And Millwall.

I feel so dirty.
  • Options
    A draw would be fine at this stage, a defeat would not be. We should have a shape that makes it difficult for them to score, and then hope we might do enough to get a goal or two.
    For that reason I would go with 4 proper defenders and two defensive midfielders.
    Philips
    Matthew's Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    McGeady Cullen Davis Doughty
    Bonne Taylor

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Southbank said:
    A draw would be fine at this stage, a defeat would not be. We should have a shape that makes it difficult for them to score, and then hope we might do enough to get a goal or two.
    For that reason I would go with 4 proper defenders and two defensive midfielders.
                                                    Philips
    Matthew's Lockyer Sarr Purrington McGeady Cullen Davis Doughty Bonne

Taylor

• Options
    shine166 said:
    They've sold 2500 tickets, although we are probably the closest away game atm. Still strong number considering they only have  just over a 10000 home attendance. 
    Even got direct trains to the game!
  • Options
    Got a bad feeling about this one 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just had a quick gander at the table, 21defeats so far from Luton, with the worst goal difference in the division, minus 27, cmon Charlton let’s stick 4 past this lot!
  • Options

Luton's turnaround isn't just a fluke, as they did strengthen in the window, notably Cameron Carter-Vickers on loan from Spurs. 
    Cameron Carter-Vickers ........ what's that, a World War 2 plane?

• Options
    Just had a quick gander at the table, 21defeats so far from Luton, with the worst goal difference in the division, minus 27, cmon Charlton let’s stick 4 past this lot!
    We will and also keep a clean sheet. Quite comfortable really.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    With the terrible news and sad passing of the little luton boy, They will want to win this for him. They will work there absolute nuts off. If we don’t match them with the same commitment and desire, which given the circumstances will be hard to do, we will get bulldozed today.