Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What three beers do you want at the valley?

Comments

• Options
    Draught Erdinger.
  • Options
    What is the meantime lager @MrLargo?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Sorry to put a damper but as long as it's served in plastic it will taste of plastic but if it wasn't 

Harveys

Stella..only for North stand upper ,otherwise kronenbourg 

Aspalls
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    London Lager - 4.5%
    https://www.meantimebrewing.com/beers/core-beers/london-lager/

Incidentally, Meantime are owned by Asahi, so I guess we could have Asahi lager and Meantime ale and stout if we were going down that route. Meantime Lager is 6/10, Asahi is 8/10, in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Horsell Gold, Un-American Pale Ale, Saison 

http://www.thurstonsbrewery.co.uk/ourbeers.php
  • Options
    Kona Big Wave

Leffe Blonde

London Lager 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    London Lager - 4.5%

Incidentally, Meantime are owned by Asahi, so I guess we could have Asahi lager and Meantime ale and stout if we were going down that route. Meantime Lager is 6/10, Asahi is 8/10, in my humble opinion.
    Fair amount of bias from me, as I work for Meantime but in 5 years of experience selling London Lager I’ve yet to find another lager than crosses the spectrum better than it. It’s acceptable to craft beer drinkers, as it’s got genuine hop profile and picks up some esters on the German yeast, but at the same time it’s well liked by drinkers of bog standard lager as it has enough of the dry and crisp body (with a hit of malt flavours).

Sadly our Stout isn’t brewed anymore I should add, though I am always working on trying to get it back!
    Christ I'm jealous of you. I'd love to work for meantime. Genuinely my dream job aside from owning my own brewery. 
  • Options
    @IdiotDrugs

You should arrange a tasting of London lager at the Valley.

The museum could host it.
  • Options
    - Any red ale bottled
    - spitfire bottled
    - guiness foreign extra bottled
  • Options
    If meantime then yakima red. Considering we play in red
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    London Lager - 4.5%

Fair amount of bias from me, as I work for Meantime but in 5 years of experience selling London Lager I’ve yet to find another lager than crosses the spectrum better than it. It’s acceptable to craft beer drinkers, as it’s got genuine hop profile and picks up some esters on the German yeast, but at the same time it’s well liked by drinkers of bog standard lager as it has enough of the dry and crisp body (with a hit of malt flavours). I reckon it would go down a treat at The Valley

Sadly our Stout isn’t brewed anymore I should add, though I am always working on trying to get it back!
    Very fair assessment of the lager mate. As a Guinness drinker primarily, the demise of your stout is terrible news though! If you ever get the gig at The Valley, you'll need to either get the stout back or include that Yakima Red stuff in the deal to have any chance of tempting me out of the pub!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Kona Big Wave

Leffe Blonde

London Lager 
    really like that Kona Big wave. had it in a can the other week at some micropub in west malling. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Kona Big Wave

Leffe Blonde

London Lager 
    really like that Kona Big wave. had it in a can the other week at some micropub in west malling. 
    Kona Big wave is beautiful. You're clearly a man of brilliant taste
  • Options
    MrLargo said
    MrLargo said:
    London Lager - 4.5%

Fair amount of bias from me, as I work for Meantime but in 5 years of experience selling London Lager I’ve yet to find another lager than crosses the spectrum better than it. It’s acceptable to craft beer drinkers, as it’s got genuine hop profile and picks up some esters on the German yeast, but at the same time it’s well liked by drinkers of bog standard lager as it has enough of the dry and crisp body (with a hit of malt flavours). I reckon it would go down a treat at The Valley

Very fair assessment of the lager mate. As a Guinness drinker primarily, the demise of your stout is terrible news though! If you ever get the gig at The Valley, you'll need to either get the stout back or include that Yakima Red stuff in the deal to have any chance of tempting me out of the pub!
    Never count the Stout out, I’ve had it revived once before! And Yes to the Yakima. That’s my first choice beer and would love to see it in all its red glory at the valley!
  • Options
    MrLargo said
    MrLargo said:
    London Lager - 4.5%

Never count the Stout out, I’ve had it revived once before! And Yes to the Yakima. That’s my first choice beer and would love to see it in all its red glory at the valley!
    Happy to take this off of here (if you're willing to respond) but I'm genuinely fascinated as to the change post the Asahi takeover, I've been on the brewery tour twice (pre and post visitor center) and love the brewery so much. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    MrLargo said
    MrLargo said:
    London Lager - 4.5%

Happy to take this off of here (if you're willing to respond) but I'm genuinely fascinated as to the change post the Asahi takeover, I've been on the brewery tour twice (pre and post visitor center) and love the brewery so much. 
    Shoot me a PM. Il answer what I can. Glad you liked the tour, you may have had me as your guide you never know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Forget 3 different types of beer, just have white Lightening cider,  the Valley would be off it’s head in no time and ‘bouncing’ as our Lee likes to say.
  • Options
    Not just The Valley, anywhere:

Harveys
    Adnams
    Timothy Taylors
    This!
  • Options
    Include Gales HSB and I don't care what the other two are.
  • Options
    Crossbars charges £5.20 for a pint of Heineken. 
    I dread to think what they would charge for a premium lager. 
  • Options
    Carling Premier. Remember that?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Wandle, Harveys and Otter. And no they are not the new club mascots.
  • Options
    Yakima Red is also very tasty.
  • Options
    Paddington, Rupert, and Yogi. 
    Dammit, was just about to post Bungle, Ted and The Hofmeister thinking I was hilarious...

Hofmeister is both a beer and a bear, there’s probably an ale out there called Bungle and an American craft ale called Ted.  So, you might regret it when that’s your choice of half time drink in future.
  • Options
    Super Bock - love it wish it was more widely available in UK, see it in Morrisons now and again
    Oranjeboom - for nostalgic value, was the beer I spent my youth getting battered on
    Leffe Blonde another lovely drop.
  • Options
    Roland's Ruin