Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What three beers do you want at the valley?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    Kona Big Wave

Leffe Blonde

London Lager 
    really like that Kona Big wave. had it in a can the other week at some micropub in west malling. 
    Kona Big wave is beautiful. You're clearly a man of brilliant taste
    Something we agree on as well (for once)! I work above the Sheaf on Southwark Street, they have it on tap. Absolutely glorious.
  • Options
    I don't care what it is as long as it doesn't take 35 minutes to serve it.

Preferably nothing Belgian.
  • Options
    Fosters

Harp

Double Diamond
  • Options
    The irony in some of these suggestions but willing to take the piss out of the current beer selection. 
  • Options
    Amstel
    Peroni
  • Options
    London Pride
    Meantime Anytime IPA
    Meantime London Lager.

• Options
    Moretti (Lager)
    Thatchers Gold (Cider)
    Gadds (Real Ale)
  • Options
    When it comes to beer... anything Belgian... but then again, I think it would leave too bitter a taste!
  • Options
    Bishop's Finger, Spitfire, Tribute. 👌
  • Options
    Watneys Red Barrrel, that’s all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was before my time, but the father in law has mentioned it on many occasions. 
    Apparently it was the worst beer ever brewed.. 
  • Options
    Stella - Landlord - Flowers

• Options
    I’ve been enjoying vedett recently and think that would be popular but at 5.2% It seems strong for a concourse lager (normally fosters/carlsburg/carling)
  • Options
    Did somebody mention free beers at The Valley ?
  • Options
    Mummy, Daddy and Baby from the Goldilocks Brewery 
  • Options
    Oranjeboom Is probably the worst beer I’ve ever tasted. Estrella, Menabrea and Peroni for me 
  • Options
    Surely the local Greenwich beers
    Meantime etc, be good for the club and PR etc 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Oranjeboom Is probably the worst beer I’ve ever tasted. Estrella, Menabrea and Peroni for me 
    Well it is Shepherd Neame, what would you expect?  (ducks for cover)
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Surely the local Greenwich beers
    Meantime etc, be good for the club and PR etc 
    As nice as they are, I genuinely believe they are too pricy for a football crowd. Maybe in the West Stand, but I can't see it fitting elsewhere.
  • Options
    PWR
    Camden Hells x3
    Close the thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jaiper, Tribute, any blonde beer.
  • Options
    One before the game, one at half-time, and one at full-time.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    When Meantime was an independent brewery, they approached the club - pre the RD era - about providing the beer and were told 'No'.
    Forgot the beers...

Old Dairy Red Top
    Meantime London Lager/ Meantime Pilsner
    Gadds Black Pearl Oyster Stout
  • Options
    Chang, Singha, Leo.

• Options
    Saulc23 said:
    London Pride
    Meantime Anytime IPA
    Meantime London Lager.

Good choice. These choices would increase the chances of us having a beer in the ground
  • Options
    Like making love in a punt. 

Fucking close to water. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Bishops Finger
    Whitstable Oyster Stout
    Theakstons Old Peculiar
    They’ve got this at Celtic..
  • Options
    Forget all the craft beers and exotic beers they just need to choose two lagers and an ale served in 500ml Plastic bottles with plastic pint glasses available for those who want to pour rather than drink from bottle. 

No waiting around as the work experience guy tries to get rid of half a pint of foamy head as they don’t know how to pour. No waiting for their turn to get to the taps just grab the bottle and hand over. 

To cater for the masses would just suggest the most popular options which they could easily source and sell. 

Carlsberg/Carling/Stella (any two of three)
    Doom Bar / Greene King IPA
    Strongbow

It’s not rocket science, people are there for football not a craft ale drinking experience. 
  • Options
    Guinness 
    Guinness 
    Guinness 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    What is the meantime lager @MrLargo?
    London Lager - 4.5%
    https://www.meantimebrewing.com/beers/core-beers/london-lager/

Incidentally, Meantime are owned by Asahi, so I guess we could have Asahi lager and Meantime ale and stout if we were going down that route. Meantime Lager is 6/10, Asahi is 8/10, in my humble opinion.
    Fair amount of bias from me, as I work for Meantime but in 5 years of experience selling London Lager I’ve yet to find another lager than crosses the spectrum better than it. It’s acceptable to craft beer drinkers, as it’s got genuine hop profile and picks up some esters on the German yeast, but at the same time it’s well liked by drinkers of bog standard lager as it has enough of the dry and crisp body (with a hit of malt flavours). I reckon it would go down a treat at The Valley

Sadly our Stout isn’t brewed anymore I should add, though I am always working on trying to get it back!

MrLargo said:
    What is the meantime lager @MrLargo?
    London Lager - 4.5%
    https://www.meantimebrewing.com/beers/core-beers/london-lager/

Incidentally, Meantime are owned by Asahi, so I guess we could have Asahi lager and Meantime ale and stout if we were going down that route. Meantime Lager is 6/10, Asahi is 8/10, in my humble opinion.
    Fair amount of bias from me, as I work for Meantime but in 5 years of experience selling London Lager I’ve yet to find another lager than crosses the spectrum better than it. It’s acceptable to craft beer drinkers, as it’s got genuine hop profile and picks up some esters on the German yeast, but at the same time it’s well liked by drinkers of bog standard lager as it has enough of the dry and crisp body (with a hit of malt flavours). I reckon it would go down a treat at The Valley

Sadly our Stout isn’t brewed anymore I should add, though I am always working on trying to get it back!
    Bet that's a dream job. I'd do it for nothin & if I had to " get under the table" at the interview, I wouldn't say no.