Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Haha Philly...!

I’m saying nothing else until the Cowboys play later.
  • Options
    Panthers off to a loss. Sigh.
  • Options
    Well, if the D can catch up with what Cousins, Cook and Thielen are doing we might be ok. Hunter returning will be huge but corner and interior D is still too weak. 
  • Options
    Haha Philly...!

I’m saying nothing else until the Cowboys play later.
    I am blaming myself. Got in from work 17-0. Sat down to eat my dinner and keep any eye on things and they forgot how to play football.
  • Options
    Raiders going 16-0 baby. 
  • Options
    Tom Brady's arm looks, er, very good still. 
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA YES ANALYSTS CAN LICK MY ARSE AND BALLS
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA YES ANALYSTS CAN LICK MY ARSE AND BALLS
    Suddenly, a potential career path looks decidedly unappetising...
  • Options
    Minshew looks legit @PaddyP17

Cam looks like Cam, sadly. Bill knows how to use him, they'll be tough to stop. Interested to see how Brady fares later.
    Belichick is not the type of coach to try and make players do things they can’t. He knows what Newton can/can’t do. He’s not going to try and force him to run Brady’s offense. They will adapt to run an offense that suits Newton. 

Oh for sure, he's not the GOAT head coach for nothing. That D is as good as it ever was, and Cam is always going be a threat if healthy. They'll be up there for the division, no doubt, but we've seen teams stack the box against Cam before to suffocate him, and we will again. His body (and receiving corps) will be the decider. 

Fins looked a bit crap as usual, but there are some positive signs. Fitzmagic with 3 INT/0 TD is classic, I hope Flores doesn't throw Tua in too(a) early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cam looks like Cam, sadly. Bill knows how to use him, they'll be tough to stop. Interested to see how Brady fares later.
    The narrative of "Tanking for Trevor" is one I've never really bought into. Minshew looked like the man for huge stretches last year. Thankfully, there's no conceivable scenario where Minshew balls out and we end up with the first overall pick (unless the Rams implode which would be hilarious). 

Our defence has huge questions, and I am amazed Todd Wash is still employed, but our offence looks exciting enough to win games for us when needed. This is a brighter future than I envisaged.
  • Options
    Is Bruce Arians pregnant?

• Options
    Is Bruce Arians pregnant?

Yes. So is Matt Patrica.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The narrative of "Tanking for Trevor" is one I've never really bought into. Minshew looked like the man for huge stretches last year. Thankfully, there's no conceivable scenario where Minshew balls out and we end up with the first overall pick (unless the Rams implode which would be hilarious). 

Our defence has huge questions, and I am amazed Todd Wash is still employed, but our offence looks exciting enough to win games for us when needed. This is a brighter future than I envisaged.
    Never thought tanking was the aim, let alone for Lawrence, Minshew seems to be the guy. Is it Khan that's pulling these strings? Just seems absurd to demolish your playoff team and pawn off high end guys for relative peanuts with no clear aim... despite all that though, beating the Colts is no mean feat and your O looks decent, it was always a dismantled D that would be the issue.
  • Options
    As a titans fan I am very happy the jags got the win!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Never thought tanking was the aim, let alone for Lawrence, Minshew seems to be the guy. Is it Khan that's pulling these strings? Just seems absurd to demolish your playoff team and pawn off high end guys for relative peanuts with no clear aim... despite all that though, beating the Colts is no mean feat and your O looks decent, it was always a dismantled D that would be the issue.
    I think it's Dave Caldwell. The demolishing of our playoff team is now two/three years after the fact - we're building draft capital for the future. Let's look at who we got rid of and their potential future impact:

- Calais Campbell is 34 and we've done him a bit of a favour by trading him to a contender. That hurts.
    - AJ Bouye is 30 and is more likely to lose a step than not. We also saved like $15m in cap space. Herndon is serviceable and we've now got CJ Henderson who really impressed me.
    - Fournette is a mediocre running back who we were going to pay a ridiculous amount this year. With the way the modern NFL is going, we did the right thing in releasing him as his pass-catching is not a huge forte. Toxic guy, too.
    - Ramsey we got the farm for, and he was toxic. Great player, but two firsts and a fourth is a fantastic return.
    - Ngakoue's return (a 2nd and 5th that could be a 3rd) was good value. He also didn't want to be here. And with Josh Allen in the D-line, and Chaisson drafted, his loss won't be felt quite so much IMO.
    - Ronnie Harrison was a bit bizarre for me - thought we'd get more than a 5th - but he was apparently outplayed in camp and his attitude was poor. A serviceable starter, and not a guy I thought we should let go, but Wingard was alright today.
    - Telvin Smith is not one to talk about.
    - Barry Church was fighting in London and stuff. 

There's a lot to criticise for basically having a fire sale, but it's not a bad thing overall when you consider the apparent locker room discontent under Coughlin, that is now hopefully being remedied with the key player perpetrators leaving, too.
  • Options
    Second interception- goes for a pick 6 
  • Options
    This is why the Bengals aren’t allowed nice things. Gutted for Joe. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Rams look good first half.  Cowboys pass coverage still lacking.  Earl Thomas needed.
  • Options
    Only 3 down.  4th and 3 in the red zone.  Kick the field goal goddamit......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old same old.  NFC LEast
  • Options
    Calais Campbell was brilliant yesterday @PaddyP17
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    First one is on Evans
  • Options
    Calais Campbell was brilliant yesterday @PaddyP17
    Completely unsurprised. I hope you guys have a real shot this year. Calais is a gentleman and richly deserves a ring. But at 34, he might not be the force we would need in two or three years' time. Sad to see him go, but understandable nonetheless (even if only getting a 5th was a bit of a madness).
  • Options
    skigelia said:
    Just renewed my Gamepass
    How much is it?

£36 a month for four months or about £150 upfront.
    So cheaper of you buy it monthly.......that doesn’t make sense?
  • Options
    Washington beat the Eagles 27-17.
    Used to be really into American Football, went to all the Wembley games to see the Monarchs and met The Washington coach (Gibbs ?) when they were training at the National Arena at crystal Palace.
    Lost interest over the last few years,  maybe its time to start following again.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    First one is on Evans
    Bruce Arians disagrees

Talking to media after game, Arians talked about the two interceptions, saying that “one was a miscommunication between [Brady] and Mike [Evans]. He thought Mike was going down the middle – it was a different coverage – Mike read it right. He should have been across his face, but Tom overthrew it.

“The other one was a screen pass with an outlet called. He threw the outlet and it was a pick-six. Bad decision.”

• Options
    Steelers giants is on Channel 5 at midnight 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Steelers giants is on Channel 5 at midnight 

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Panthers off to a loss. Sigh.
    Not heading over to the Pats wagon as Cam "Mr Funny Hat" Newton has moved there, then?