Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Put on the back foot with the aid of a piss poor ref but we cabt string 2 passes together and our forwards are so isolated 
  • Options
    Happy I've not found a stream to watch on as this sounds horrific! 

I'd take a point away at this point in the season, which sounds like the best we can do going off of this thread.
  • Options
    What a strange game. Being played in a morgue like atmosphere at a half empty stadium. Charlton started off well but as the half wore on needed some pretty dogged, and at times, desperate defending to keep Wednesday out.

Carry on like this and we will concede sooner or later. Fear that we are going to need some Lyle magic to score here tonight 
  • Options
    Very poor so far. If we were attacking the goal to the left we’d be looking good. So defensive after a good opening 15. Midfield shape is all wrong. Front two getting no support. Alfie having a poor game. Deji gives me the willies every time he goes near the ball but actually he’s done well. Davis looks poor again. Need to grip this game by the balls as Wendies really don’t look up to much. Hope for better second half but fear we will be undone. Other results not doing us many favours again. 
  • Options
    And to think 400-odd paid to go up & watch that pile of tosh.
  • Options
    We look dire. This formation just isn't offering us any outlets so we just pass it round the back then lose it as soon as we get into their half.
  • Options
    The lack of any sort of ability to take it forward is staggering. I've never seen a midfield so lacking in ideas.

We pass it back and sideways for 20 passes before Dillon lumps it back to them, they play one ball forward and suddenly we're on the back foot.

1-0 Wednesday without us mustering a shot on goal.
  • Options
    5-3-2 just does not work for me. I think it is effective in keeping us competitive enough in games, but for me which just look such a better team when we play that 4-4-2 diamond.
  • Options
    God that was rubbish. We started ok and then just invited a terrible Wednesday to start playing football. Ref has been terrible but that doesn't negate the fact we've looked very uncreative. Bonne doesn't look at it, Doughty looks lost and we could probably do with pushing someone out of defence and up into midfield. I think we could benefit from Green coming on and using his pace to scare them. We have to wake up though because everyone else in this league just refuses to die. It's insane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game is there for the taking but we need to change it up and be more aggressive. Need Lapslie in midfield. Or Green on to change it up.. 
  • Options
    Bloody awful game. Pearce and Oshilaja very poor and guilty of atrocious passing!!! Hoping for abetter second half, thankfully SW are rubbish apart from Bannon as per usual.
  • Options
    Well this is exciting...    Thought I would add the Championship scores 0000010100001 and convert from binary to decimal...   161 

My favourite bus!
    MOTM so far, right here
  • Options
    They’ve been better but there’s nothing about them going forward that has me particularly worried... if Bowyer gets his subs right again, we will win this match.
  • Options
    Happy to see Erhun play again, going to be important to get him on the ball, but honestly struggle to see that happening when we know Davis and Cullen will sit deep in that formation.
    Well said mate.
  • Options
    Put on the back foot with the aid of a piss poor ref but we cabt string 2 passes together and our forwards are so isolated 
    Always seems to happen when Pearce plays.

Pearce drags the backline too deep which invites pressure - and we barely get out of our own half.

• Options
    Happy I've not found a stream to watch on as this sounds horrific! 

I'd take a point away at this point in the season, which sounds like the best we can do going off of this thread.
    If you have sky sports go on sky sports football and press the red button it's free to watch
  • Options
    Be brave Lee and change it now and don't wait until 15 minutes from time when we are a goal down 
  • Options
    Started well and then the ref gave them literally everything for about 5 minutes and things turned in their favour. Done well to come in without conceding. Change of shape second half coming up I reckon.

Watching Hull Vs Barnsley at the same time - the goal Hull conceded was a farce. Of course Wigan are winning too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's as if we want to continue the WLWLW sequence...
  • Options
    Started well and then the ref gave them literally everything for about 5 minutes and things turned in their favour. Done well to come in without conceding. Change of shape second half coming up I reckon.

Watching Hull Vs Barnsley at the same time - the goal Hull conceded was a farce. Of course Wigan are winning too
    Great to see a balanced comment.
  • Options
    Is it deliberate letting Bannan have the freedom of the park? 
  • Options
    We need to perk up quick after half time or we risk losing ValleyGary to the City game 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Watching on the red button, we look poor, can't string more than a few passes together. Taylor and Bonne isolated Alfie not great. Need to change it up in second half that's for sure. Will happily take a point at this stage. Wigan and Barnsley both winning as well. Time for Lapslie and McCready?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Be brave Lee and change it now and don't wait until the 46 minute when we are a goal down 
    Changed it for you 
  • Options
    I don't think it's been THAT bad for a first half away from home. Needs a formation change if we've got any ambition to win it though. 
  • Options
    Reckon we'd be a couple down if it wasn't for the poor opposition.
    We look vulnerable down our left.
  • Options
    Haven't seen us do a post half-time warm up for a while
  • Options
    Scared to play a forward pass 🙄
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!