Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toast

Comments

• Butter and marmite.

Butter and peanut butter.

Cheese and any two of onion, Worcester sauce, celery seeds.

Avocado and black pepper.

Baked beans with melted cheese on top.

Honey.

Butter and black cherry jam.

Cut into soldiers and dipped into the slightly runny yolk of a boiled egg.
    You know what, I don't agree with you on everything, but damnit, I respect you. 
  • Pâté on toast every morning.  Lush!
  • Marmalade on toast is the best.  Roses orange marmalade is awesome, and the lemon and lime one is decent too, though not in the same league as the orange.

Beans on toast is brilliant.  Never gave a fry.up without sliding toast under the beans.  Use the sausage as a breakwater on the side, obviously....
  • Ahhhh toast, one of life's simple and overlooked pleasures. Sourdough with REAL butter is the way to go for me, sometimes sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar, lovely stuff. I'll throw some peanut butter on there for a protein kick every now and then.

Restaurants charging 7 dollars for Avocado toast is the worst thing that's ever happended to the world. Bloody millenials 
  • Stig said:
    Bloody hell, doesn't Paul Young look young there.
  • If it’s just butter, do you:-
    A spread when the toast is hot so the butter fully melts in or
    B let the toast cool down so that the butter sits on top in its unmelted state?
    Toast is to be eaten as hot as possible so obviously it's A.
  • edited March 2020
    SDAddick said:
    Butter and marmite.

Butter and peanut butter.

Cheese and any two of onion, Worcester sauce, celery seeds.

Avocado and black pepper.

Baked beans with melted cheese on top.

Honey.

Butter and black cherry jam.

Cut into soldiers and dipped into the slightly runny yolk of a boiled egg.
    You know what, I don't agree with you on everything, but damnit, I respect you. 
    @SDAddick Appreciated.  I tried "jelly and peanut butter" (I don't know if you know, but what you call jelly we call jam; what we call jelly with peanut butter would be very weird) which appears to be an American staple but it just didn't do it for me.
  • aliwibble said:
    Stig said:
    Bloody hell, doesn't Paul Young look young there.
    Because he was?
  • Rossman92 said:
    Ahhhh toast, one of life's simple and overlooked pleasures. Sourdough with REAL butter is the way to go for me, sometimes sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar, lovely stuff. I'll throw some peanut butter on there for a protein kick every now and then.

Restaurants charging 7 dollars for Avocado toast is the worst thing that's ever happended to the world. Bloody millenials 
    Ah, yes.  Cinnamon toast.  Put back under the grill for a bit so the sugar melts.  It's what they gave to Meg Ryan off camera before the orgasm scene.
  • Butter and jam on my toast , used to be my go to snack and then a berocca when I’d get in hammered but I’m just too wasted and tired now , it’s grab a bottle of water and bed via khazi .
    Couple of Toast with poached eggs , baked beans,  sausage and bacon my fry up of choice and if I’m feeling brave with some black pudding 
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    Ah, the toast sandwich - a staple of my university days. Get the 9p loaf from Morrison's at around 8pm and that's food for the next couple of days, in a pinch.

Two slices of bread. Butter - hopefully you have some - or try and use your flatmate's if that's allowed. Toast another slice of bread for the filling. Add some salt, pepper and Tabasco (crucial first week of term purchases, but then you realise that's basically a quarter of your food budget for a week and thus ration over the term/year appropriately) and you are having a wonderful meal, my friend.
    So relatable that it hurts
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Ah, the toast sandwich - a staple of my university days. Get the 9p loaf from Morrison's at around 8pm and that's food for the next couple of days, in a pinch.

Two slices of bread. Butter - hopefully you have some - or try and use your flatmate's if that's allowed. Toast another slice of bread for the filling. Add some salt, pepper and Tabasco (crucial first week of term purchases, but then you realise that's basically a quarter of your food budget for a week and thus ration over the term/year appropriately) and you are having a wonderful meal, my friend.
    Even better if you were a student during the baked bean price wars of 1994 (?). Beans dropped to 2p a can across the board. At one point one of the supermarkets paid customers 2p for every can (they did at least limit the number you could “buy”). They then added bread to the deal, which ended up at about 5p a loaf. For a decent period I pretty much lived on on beans on toast. 
  • edited March 2020
    What do people have with toast then?
    @uboat has more toast with his toast.

Christ, it’s 6am and I’m reading a thread about toast....I’ve sunk to lower depths than I ever imagined.
    B for me. 
  • What do people have with toast then?
    @uboat has more toast with his toast.

Christ, it’s 6am and I’m reading a thread about toast....I’ve sunk to lower depths than I ever imagined.
    Six slices during Spurs v Norwich last night.
  • edited March 2020
    What do people have with toast then?
    Butter, jam, marmite, baked beans, peanut butter, spaghetti hoops, cheese, scrambled egg, fried egg, bacon or sausage in a toasted sandwich, ham n cheese in a toasted sandwich. Obviously not all those items together but there are so many options.
  • Cheers...
  • Pâté on toast every morning.  Lush!
    Underrated post
  • With smashed avocado, poached egg and BBQ sauce. Splendid

I’m about to put in a transfer to Fulham Life
    I joke about this but this probably my favourite weekend breakfast / lunch at the moment. Two slices of toast, then layer up with smashed avocado, spinach, sliced tomato, bit of either ham / chicken / beef, poached eggs on top. Loads of black pepper and then the BBQ sauce to give it a bit of sweetness. 

Absolutely handsome. 

One various diets ive tried cutting out bread. Not having toast is the hardest part.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheese

The new marmite peanut butter - is much nicer than it sounds
  • Marmite And cheese on toast, cut into soldiers and dipped into runny eggs. The classic. 
  • edited March 2020
    Peanut butter and honey toasted sandwich is very good. 

As is melted cheese and peanut butter toastie. 

Haven't tried the marmite peanut butter yet but am bound to at some point soon. 
  • Scrambled egg on toast with a side serving of mushrooms. 
    Yes, everyone else in the house will hate you and moan at you about the smell of cooked mushrooms which they all apparently hate, and every window will get flung open, even if it’s a blizzard out there.
    But sometimes you just have to stand your ground it’s not EVERY day you cook them, is it, ffs?🤨
    ( just rehearsing the argument scene, as someone’s getting the hankering here now for a bit of toast a la 3B 🙂)
  • edited March 2020
    You just can’t beat beans on toast, just make sure you open the windows afterwards.
  • IAgree said:
    Cheese

It would be incredible if it wasn't. 
  • Main rule is it’s got to be thick. You can’t have some thin granary shit that’s like spreading butter on a leper’s sole. Thick and golden.
  • Uboat said:
    IAgree said:
    Cheese

It would be incredible if it wasn't. 
    With bacon in a sandwich......... but that’s another thread.
  • Toast. Best food in the world. I could live quite happily with toast as my staple food.
    Lavishly buttered with crunchy peanut butter or marmite/vegemite my favourites. But just buttered, with jam or cheese are close. 

Either works for me. Preferably A but if I have cool/cold toast I couldn’t waste it.