Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toast

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Garlic Puree, olive oil, sliced tomatoes, yumee!
    With marrowfat peas and vinegar?
  • Options
    6AD The Roman Empire fought the Bellum Batoniagainst an alliance of native peoples of in the regions of Pannonia and Dalmatia
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    Can't beat a bit of toast.  Nothing complicated for me, just salted butter thick enough to leave some half melted blobs here and there.

Just one thing, has to be made in a proper pop up toaster.  Those conveyor belt jobs you get in hotels are absolute wank. They never get toast done properly. Bread always seems to end up too burnt or barely warmed.  Put every last one of them in room 101 !!
    They are annoying - you put your bread in and it comes out not ready and you put it in again and then it is burnt! I think they can be set up properly but hotels don't usually bother.
  • Options
    Toast is just Fried Breads wussier little brother.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    muppetman said:
    The toast is underneath! :p
    Your egg looks like a used condom.

Beans look like they've sat at a service station for 6 days.

Sausage are too thin. Did you daydream whilst cooking them?

Less said about the thin brown bread the better.

4/10.
  • Options
    Loads of butter, loads of peanut butter
  • Options
    Brown for first course, white for pudding. Brown's savoury, white's the treat. Course I'm the one who's laughing because I actually love brown toast.
    I've only just caught up on this thread and I cannot BELIEVE no-one has reacted to this.

"Butter the toast, eat the toast, shit the toast. God, life's relentless."
  • Options
    Had beans on toast for dinner the other night. Two slices of proper white bread, a little bit burnt, loads of butter, a full tin of beans and a load of Worcester sauce. Heaven! Would have added a little bit of grated cheese too in an ideal world, but was too pissed to sort that out
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    Can't beat a bit of toast.  Nothing complicated for me, just salted butter thick enough to leave some half melted blobs here and there.

Just one thing, has to be made in a proper pop up toaster.  Those conveyor belt jobs you get in hotels are absolute wank. They never get toast done properly. Bread always seems to end up too burnt or barely warmed.  Put every last one of them in room 101 !!
    They are annoying - you put your bread in and it comes out not ready and you put it in again and then it is burnt! I think they can be set up properly but hotels don't usually bother.
    I have been known to readjust the dials on one or two Spanish hotels toasters 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Toast is just Fried Breads wussier little brother.
    You shut your damn mouth. 
  • Options
    anyone remember these? looked like cat sick but tasted nice

Image result for heinz toast toppers

• Options
    anyone remember these? looked like cat sick but tasted nice

Image result for heinz toast toppers

Yeah I do
  • Options
    do they actually have 57 different varieties of toast toppers?? 
  • Options
    I didn’t until I saw the picture. Did they do a cheese and mushroom, because I remember some concoction like that being presented as a meal.  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Thats what i thought it would be about lol

Fairplay some crackers.
    Marmite should be illegal.

Slightly toast some bread. Cheese on bread, then some jamaican hot pepper sauce,or tabasco if ur posh, on top of cheese, grill 4or5 mins to let the cheese and sauce to melt, enjoy. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Thats what i thought it would be about lol

Fairplay some crackers.
    Marmite should be illegal.

Slightly toast some bread. Cheese on bread, then some jamaican hot pepper sauce,or tabasco if ur posh, on top of cheese, grill 4or5 mins to let the cheese and sauce to melt, enjoy. 
    Or use lee&perrins and tobasco for a true taste sensation. 

For me I’d use Wensleydale cheese 😁
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    The toast is underneath! :p
    Hmm egg mixing with beans is a big no no!
    Use the sausage as a breakwater!
  • Options
    @Pelling1993 you're an office quote away from perfection
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Brixton out the wondow. Working late on our kitchen so doing cheese on toast with a splash of Worcester Sauce, although had to make do with a Comte coz the French shops won't stock English cheeses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sort of toast can keep us up? Has the heresy of fried bread made relegation certain ? 
  • Options
    Never enough toast with a fry up , need minimum 4 slices , 2 on plate with food on and at least 2 to dip in the egg and bean juice and clear the plate of all residue .
    My pre drinking meal (which clearly doesn’t work) is 1.5 toasted banana sandwiches (butter on all forms of toast ) 
    Doesnt fill me up and leaves plenty of room for pints of any old piss I can chuck down my throat to numb me towards my Charlton life .
  • Options
    That’s why rhyming slang is Holy Ghost for it !
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I made the soda bread yesterday, two slices toasted with a big mug of tea after a five mile walk with Magnus. This is not a rate my plate, as the plate is a Charlton one.
  • Options
    Crushed banana on decent bread toast with maybe a bit of maple syrup.
    Avo on toast in a hipster cafe should be avoided. Cold toast usually, and very cold avo.
  • Options
    Do we know if toast was rationed at Sparrows Lane as well as bottled water? Could explain a great deal.
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict Why are some of your beans black
  • Options

I made the soda bread yesterday, two slices toasted with a big mug of tea after a five mile walk with Magnus. This is not a rate my plate, as the plate is a Charlton one.

Ive never attempted to make bread but would like to give it a go.

Is it straightforward/easy?

How do you make soda bread?

• Options

Ive never attempted to make bread but would like to give it a go.

Is it straightforward/easy?

How do you make soda bread?

Press the lever and a loaf of bread comes out.

Image result for soda water streamer