Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Programmes that went on too long

Got the idea from the your 5 favourite sitcoms thread.

What programme or programmes went on to long on your opinion and when and why should they have been stopped.

My opening 2 are both 2 I mentioned in the sitcoms thread.

My Family 

I think was very funny whilst Nick was a main character, his relationship with his dad was brilliant the way Michael in a sense locked up to him even tho he was stupid was also brilliany and he was funny, once he left it seemed to forced and I really didnt like the Roger character at all.

Two and a Half Men

when they sacked Charlie Sheen they should have ended the programme, they ratings on IMDB tell u as much, series 1-8 every episode was rated between 7.0-9.0 then series 9-12 only 2 episodes went above 7.0, when they killee Charlie they Killed the series

Two Pints of Larger

again another programme that was brilliant early on, but then they Killed Johnny and it really went down hill and you had Gaz/Donna/Janet love triangle with Corinthian the baby again another programme that was killed when a main character was killed off

So thats my opening 3 I am sure there are more I will add but what are yours

Comments

• Never seen any of those, Paulie.

• Oggy Red said:
    Never seen any of those, Paulie.

Ok fair enough, but u have seen TV programmes?

Are there any you think went on to long and if so why.

I didn't say u had to have seen those 3 lol
  • Got the idea from the your 5 favourite sitcoms thread.

What programme or programmes went on to long on your opinion and when and why should they have been stopped.

My opening 2 are both 2 I mentioned in the sitcoms thread.

My Family 

I think was very funny whilst Nick was a main character, his relationship with his dad was brilliant the way Michael in a sense locked up to him even tho he was stupid was also brilliany and he was funny, once he left it seemed to forced and I really didnt like the Roger character at all.

Two and a Half Men

when they sacked Charlie Sheen they should have ended the programme, they ratings on IMDB tell u as much, series 1-8 every episode was rated between 7.0-9.0 then series 9-12 only 2 episodes went above 7.0, when they killee Charlie they Killed the series

Two Pints of Larger

again another programme that was brilliant early on, but then they Killed Johnny and it really went down hill and you had Gaz/Donna/Janet love triangle with Corinthian the baby again another programme that was killed when a main character was killed off

So thats my opening 3 I am sure there are more I will add but what are yours
    I liked Aaron Kutchner in Two and a Half Men so cant agree on that one.

Never saw Two Pints of Larger although it sounds like it was made for me but you will be surprised to hear that they are reviving Two Pints of Lager so it will be interesting to see how that has worn with age.
  • https://www.grammarly.com/blog/to-too/

It'll really make your stuff easier to read.
  • The Simpsons - should have stopped around the end of the twelfth season.

Happy Days - when? you know the term 'jump the shark'?

There are quite a few where one thinks they should never have done the second series.  The first was perfect, wrapped up the story, they could have left it there.
  • Lost
  • Sponsored links:

• Not going out, is still going on i believe, first few series were good but not now.
  • Not going out, is still going on i believe, first few series were good but not now.
    This is true, sadly....

Also I have a vague memory that the first one or two series of Allo Allo were a lot better than the repetitive mess it eventually became....
  • Pretty much every programme that’s gone beyond two series.
  • edited March 2020
    The Walking Dead. The show should have ended when Rick left.

• Was going to say the Walking Dead too, I gave up a couple of series ago and even before that I was watching out of habit rather than enjoyment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ray Donovan is getting there.....although I thought the last series was much improved in the previous one. 
  • I'm with pp on...... 

Two & a half men. 

Minder.

When one of the main characters leaves or dies best to end it there. Dont bring in his nephew /cousin/ long lost brother just to milk the show.
  • Last of the Summer Wine, Gray’s Anatomy, Ally McBeal, Cheers, King of Queens, Frasier
  • I'm with pp on...... 

Two & a half men. 

Minder.

When one of the main characters leaves or dies best to end it there. Dont bring in his nephew /cousin/ long lost brother just to milk the show.
    Plebs

Without Stylax, Flavia, Cynthia and Matella, its shit. 
  • 24 - come on you must be into the second week by now

House - series 7, you’ve run out of bizarre diseases no one has heard of in series 5

Star Trek - first reboot was pretty good, is it still going?

Simpsons - once fantastic now just not so. 
  • Don't you mean "matchday magazines"

😛
  • The news.

Please make it stop. 
  • Homeland 
  • Bill & Ben the Flowerpot Men.