Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Programmes that went on too long

124»

Comments

• Options
    Scrubs 

should never have bothered with that last season with the new interns.  
  • Options
    Game of Thrones. Should have stopped after series 867,354,456,345,087,991,675
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Top Gear - Once Clarkson and co left, I really think they should've just ended it there.
    The last series was atrocious.

The professional northerner McGuinness gets right on my tits. About as funny as a fart in a spacesuit.
    Top Gear to me is evidence that sometimes it's the people that make the show, not the show itself.
    I actually thought Top Gear improved when Clarkson left.
  • Options
    Spot on re El Dorado 
  • Options
    Generally anything with middle-class comedians. Miranda Hart and Jack Whitehall for starters. They are not particularly funny and they can't act. The BBC worships these types and we get lumbered with them until they are sanctified as 'national treasures.'
  • Options
    Neighbours.   It just wasn't the same after Mrs Mangle snuffed it.
    FFS I’m watching this on catchup, now you’ve ruined it. 😉
  • Options
    Jints said:
    cafctom said:
    Only Fools and Horses originally had the perfect ending with the Trotters getting rich. It’s a shame it didn’t actually end there as was originally planned.

Then again, it only went on too long by 3 episodes - some shows go on too long by about 3-4 seasons.

The eventual ending scene of Only Fools is still fantastic though - with Del finally admitting to Rodney about them not being full brothers. Has a bit more of warmth element to it than them simply winning money and never to be seen again.
    I think with Only Fools, some of the actors lost it a bit with their delivery of the lines. Maybe because of a long time away, or just getting old. Thought Boycie and Marlene were always good, and so was Albert, but do think Del Boy and Rodney were both a little bit hard work towards the end, over the last few episodes
    They were always pretty limited actors, particularly Nicholas Lyndsey. It was really noticeable when a good actor like Jim Broadbent appears. 
    Assuming you mean Nicholas Lyndhurst. Massively disagree, he played his part better than anyone on that show.

His character evolved a lot from being a young twenty something to being a middle aged bloke and delivered well.

If you watch any interview with him you’ll see how different he is in real life from the Rodney character, great acting.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    cafctom said:
    Jints said:
    cafctom said:
    Only Fools and Horses originally had the perfect ending with the Trotters getting rich. It’s a shame it didn’t actually end there as was originally planned.

Then again, it only went on too long by 3 episodes - some shows go on too long by about 3-4 seasons.

The eventual ending scene of Only Fools is still fantastic though - with Del finally admitting to Rodney about them not being full brothers. Has a bit more of warmth element to it than them simply winning money and never to be seen again.
    I think with Only Fools, some of the actors lost it a bit with their delivery of the lines. Maybe because of a long time away, or just getting old. Thought Boycie and Marlene were always good, and so was Albert, but do think Del Boy and Rodney were both a little bit hard work towards the end, over the last few episodes
    They were always pretty limited actors, particularly Nicholas Lyndsey. It was really noticeable when a good actor like Jim Broadbent appears. 
    Assuming you mean Nicholas Lyndhurst. Massively disagree, he played his part better than anyone on that show.

His character evolved a lot from being a young twenty something to being a middle aged bloke and delivered well.

If you watch any interview with him you’ll see how different he is in real life from the Rodney character, great acting.
    I agree with this.

With Rodney you can see throughout the series him grow up and get his own independence, I thought his character growth was the best on the show.

As someone else said previously the only time Del changed really was when Raquel came and he became a bit
  • Options
    Carter said:

Ray Donovan should have ended but I've heard good things so I shall catch up on the New York series and see if I'm wrong 

Oooh.  Have you caught up yet?
    I loved RD all the way through but the last season was a mess tbh.  Turns out that Showtime have pulled the plug on it now.  
  • Options
    Mrs Brown Boys.
    Miranda.

Both about as funny as a hole in the head.

Much admit to enjoying this latest series of Top Gear.  Harris, McG and Flintoff are actually a good pairing.  Flintoff is still too wooden reading off the autocue but when they're all out on location, he's much more natural.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Jints said:
    cafctom said:

i agree with most of what you say, especially the character arc for Rodney but i believe David Jason was the slightly better actor. certain scenes as del boy (who is of course a comical loud character) he delivered some excellent emotional performances.

One that sticks in the mind is the scene with Rodney after the wake for Grandads funeral. His speech about grandad and the acting that accompanied it was one of the best/moving i had ever seen in a sitcom. great writing of course helps. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Jints said:
    cafctom said:

I agree with this.

With Rodney you can see throughout the series him grow up and get his own independence, I thought his character growth was the best on the show.

As someone else said previously the only time Del changed really was when Raquel came and he became a bit
    Can someone phone @paulie8290 in case he collapsed mid post.