Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Can see us doing our usual and conceding straight after half time. 
  • Options
    Any report on the atmosphere?
    Judging by the boos at half-time, not completely positive.
  • Options
    Tear them a new arsehole at HT. Shameful performance.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Croydon said:
    Bonne on for Green ffs, Andre offers fuck all
    You must be joking, he’s been our best player!
    Has he? - He's got the ball and has just ran with it!!

Wants to beat one more player whenever he has it this afternoon
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I thought Danny Seabourne was the worst left back I’d ever see . Purrington is absolute garbage .

other than that, we’ve actually not done that badly, given our immense lack of quality in midfield and weak defence.

I’d bring on Doughty and Bonne for Purrington and AN other 
  • Options
    You say we’d had slightly the better of that if it wasn’t for the suicidal goal against again. Shape change has helped us. Doughty for a Lapslie and push Williams right, Doughty left wing. 
  • Options
    Pearce and Purrington so out of there depth
  • Options
    It is good that we are helping the other clubs at the bottom to not get relegated  :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    This is so negative it's depressing. We don't take chances, we are slow to pick a pass - wait and wait until nothing is on or we just pass backwards. Their midfield is cutting through ours with simple passes.

This team used to put up a fight but at the moment it does not seem that way.

Formation change to 442 seems to have given us a bit more impetus at the end but they need to start taking some chances. Have a few shots ffs
  • Options
    Thanks Ross. Great service but enough is enough.  

Just wish the supa dupa  phone hadn't run out of batteries at the crucial moment. 

The painful truth is that even if we scrape something,  we were better under Roland.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I thought Danny Seabourne was the worst left back I’d ever see . Purrington is absolute garbage 
    That's what a player plays like when his confidence is shot to pieces.

And Purrington's not the only one.

• Options
    We're going down.

Our only hope is I go to bed and the footballing gods allow us to turn this around to punish me.

Night.
  • Options
    Bowyer has 10 minutes to turn this season round I reckon. No fight, no confidence and an error strewn performance. Green attacking the only bright spot, but no final delivery.
    This feels like an acceptance of relegation game.
  • Options
    Need to change things at HT.

Get Bonne on alongside Taylor, maybe even McGeady too. We can't lose with another whimper again like the last 2 games. At least fucking go for it and show some desire.

This is a side that hasn't won for 10 games! Attack them and equalise and they may just bottle it, but this is quite simply pathetic from us so far.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Woeful so far, they are pretty much walking it through us. Can't defend.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Have to agree! 
    Regarding Pearce - Never seen someone with so much experience be so scared of the ball and not want it! 
    His passing is awful , let alone his movement and leadership!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Not good enough . We are definitely going down if we keep making mistakes to give goals away . 

They look nervous and can’t string two passes together . Bowyer said we would lose if two or three players don’t turn up . Well that’s happening.

Pierce and Purrington are awful and Williams and Lapsley haven’t turned up . 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I thought Danny Seabourne was the worst left back I’d ever see . Purrington is absolute garbage 
    That's what a player plays like when his confidence is shot to pieces.

And Purrington's not the only one.

He’s always been crap though . Was fine in a good side , where he barely got the ball 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Croydon said:
    Bonne on for Green ffs, Andre offers fuck all
    You must be joking, he’s been our best player!
    Has he? - He's got the ball and has just ran with it!!

Wants to beat one more player whenever he has it this afternoon
    Just shows you how bad the rest have been 
  • Options
    Glad you are all happy with the team that was selected. Said it was too negative.

Then there is the throw on. Do we not learn anything. STOP THROWING THE BALL BACKWARDS.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You say we’d had slightly the better of that if it wasn’t for the suicidal goal against again. Shape change has helped us. Doughty for a Lapslie and push Williams right, Doughty left wing. 
    Disagree. They have been playing nice patterns around us up the pitch and I'm surprised they have only scored once. Standing off them too much and letting them have too much off the ball.
  • Options
    Green is generally powder puff. Williams wasted on the left. Lapslie not good enough to start. Pearce is Pearce. We are shit. 
  • Options
    I blame ESI. They knew we were in the shit without some investment and improving the team. It's been glaringly obvious for months
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    IR94 said:
    Have to agree! 
    Regarding Pearce - Never seen someone with so much experience be so scared of the ball and not want it! 
    His passing is awful , let alone his movement and leadership!!!
    Middlesbrough having a field day down that left hand side with these clowns
  • Options
    A few decent moments among a ton of turgid rubbish, a poor set up again, they do not need to do anything special to reach our final third, we make it look like we're climbing the barricades to reach theirs. 
  • Options
    Remind me why we didnt buy a cb in Jan?
  • Options
    Well would say Bonne is coming on the way he's warming up

Reckon it'll be for Lapslie
  • Options
     Boro are knocking it around with such confidence and we are running around like headless chickens trying to pass to each other. This is going to be a drubbing.
  • Options
    Abysmal. Took 35 mins to go from 4 1 4 1 to 442 and we immediately look better. Theres onviously a nice looking sheep in the east stand...that can be the only reason Williams is glued to that touchline. Taylor must have the virus so nobody goes near him. Pearce and Deji look wobbly every minute. Sort it out Bows!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!