Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall: The Lies

Comments

• Options
    Lies, you say?

This an excerpt from Matt Slater's article in the Athletic re Brum. (I'm busy trying to provide him with rebuttals)

"...The Athletic understands Southall, a former youth player at Blackburn Rovers, believes he has been unfairly blamed for disputes between investors at Charlton that were beyond his control. It is also understood that his relationship with Bassini was not close and they are not linked now.

In regards to Charlton, he believes the steps he took to exclude other directors from the south east London club and illegally change information at Companies House were motivated by a desire to find a better buyer to take over. A judge reprimanded him for those actions and awarded costs against him when the matter went to a business court in 2020. Southall admitted his wrongdoing and apologised...."

"...Furthermore, The Athletic has seen a document that suggests, despite his admitted wrongdoing at Charlton, the EFL will not disqualify him as a “relevant person” at a club."

I count at least four lies in those two paragraphs alone!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    The problem with con men is that they are believable to the average person 
    And to their downfall believe their own s***!
  • Options
    Those the Gods wish to destroy they first make them mad.

Good luck to Birmingham City FC
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Unfairly blamed for sticking in exorbitant consultancy fees?

Unfairly blamed for presenting and / or signing off an invoice for £85k on behalf of his partner for work that never took place? (If it did, where and what on?)

Unfairly blamed for giving himself a salary that anyone could see was above the threshold for a club like Charlton to service for someone in that role.

Unfairly blamed for wracking up ridiculous amounts in expenses and credit card bills?

Unfairly blamed for putting the rent for a £12.5k a month flat through the clubs books?

Unfairly blamed for telling everyone we'd be out of business by Christmas, after going out his way to spunk the funds that were left in place as a float, on the above?

Then there's the small matter of a £1.2m debt, owed to the rival in the race to own BCFC coincidentally, that he allegedly tried to pass on to Charlton. 

Even if a neutral wanted to give him the benefit of doubt for each of the above, it don't take an expert to see there is a level of wrong doing involved somewhere. 

Still can't believe there's been no charges for using those funds or falsely presenting an invoice.

I honestly don't know how he hasn't been disqualified from being a Director after all this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brum fans have been warned, that's all anyone can do. 
  • Options
    Did Slater know Southall was using his Super Duper phone on Tuesday?
  • Options
    Those the Gods wish to destroy they first make them mad.

Good luck to Birmingham City FC
    Love a bit of Shakespeare 
  • Options
    Did Slater know Southall was using his Super Duper phone on Tuesday?
    Every time I think of that picture of the deadline day provisions and then think of his smug face I feel my blood start to boil.
    I still find it hard to believe that no criminal charges landed on his doorstep (perhaps they went to the luxury flat in error).
    Agreed. 

If there is one story that can reveal the duplicity of that man, that is it.  I think some Brum fans may not understand the finer points of Southall's financial mis-dealings, but this bare faced lie in the full glare of publicity over 24 hours is quite easy to comprehend - even for Birmingham supporters :)
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Not sure who I hate more, Southall or Brum fans, act like Millwall (which has got worse with peaky blinders as they all think they're related to Thomas Shelby) with delusions of grandeur like Newcastle fans.

Still, they were warned.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to Slater, he sounds like he’s done his job properly and obviously has to be a lot more careful than us about what he says. A bit petulant perhaps, but then who doesn’t get annoyed when someone tells them how to do their job. 

Let’s not let that detract from the fact that Matt Southall is almost unique in his ability to unite Charlton fans, so he’s good for something. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He spent 50 minutes talking to Southall about Charlton and Rochdale.
    50 minutes of primary Southall  con the journalist time, by flooding with disinformation that takes ages to unravel
    I hope he researched the answers and ended up with the absolute bald truth.
    Right now it doesn’t look like it.
    Perhaps he could start with the falsification of information at Companies House, and then ask himself how much of the 50 minutes would also be falsification.
    He spoke to The Dossier people too, so hardly unbalanced. If he’s an intelligent bloke he’ll have drawn his own conclusions as to who was the more credible of the two. 
  • Options
    Re reading that message Matt Slater says if he lied to me🤭
    Save yourself time Mr Slater and try to uncover the five seconds of truth in the 50 minute conversation.
  • Options
    Maggots only feed on the dead and dying, if Birmingham city fans are happy to have him then perhaps it’s meant to be this way.