Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local breweries/beers

Was thinking about doing my bit for the local economy and supporting some local breweries as I can't go to the pub these days.

I know there's the Bexley Brewery and the Dartford Warbler Brewery who both seem to do beers that sound right up my street and they deliver, but has anyone got any other local recommendations of beers or breweries?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Mr Tatters has had a couple of deliveries from Westerham Brewery. 
  • Options
    I think I read on here that Chirpy aka @Riviera is doing deliveries now from the Long Pond.
  • Options
    Brick Brewery in Peckham have some excellent beer and deliver. They had a New England IPA doing the rounds a few weeks back, it was top draw. They also do loads of interesting kettle sours, however it is all carboned stuff.

As mentioned above, if you are looking for cask beer then the Long Pond in Eltham might be the way to go. @Riviera takes very good care of his beer, try the Pig and Porter brewery if he has any.
    There is also Brew Buddies in Sidcup, but no idea what there current status is.
  • Options
    Lovely beer!
  • Options
    London Beer Factory in Gypsy Hill has a good range and delivers free for orders over £35.
  • Options
    I like the Summer Perle.
  • Options
    Not local but a English company - Ordered some lovely Strawberry & Lime Rattler Cider from Healeys down in Cornwall

Lovely stuff but shame you have to pay £10 for delivery (Although understandable seeing where its coming from)
  • Options
    Had a huge beer in a box delivery, 36pint, £58, from my local brewery.

On arrival the note said it should be drunk within 5 days, which came as a surprise/shock/challenge! 

Still loads (25+pints) left 14 days later and I can't taste any reduction in quality so far. Any advice about the rest of it? 

• Options
    MrWalker said:

On arrival the note said it should be drunk within 5 days, which came as a surprise/shock/challenge! 

Still loads (25+pints) left 14 days later and I can't taste any reduction in quality so far. Any advice about the rest of it? 

Won't do you any harm mate, but might start tasting worse.
  • Options
    Cheers, Neil.

First time to do this. Might get their small box when this one runs out! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hop Stuff Brewery
    White Hart Avenue
    Thamesmead.

• Options
    In normal times I go down to the brewery and pick a selection of their beers. Nice little drive out and it’s in a beautiful area. Also normally blag a taster. I don’t think they are better or worse than others but I like the thing of buying local stuff and different beer. 
     I had a chat with the owner one time and he gave me a quick tour. They bought some of the Meantime breweries equipment when they moved to their newer premises.

• Options
    I'm a regular at the Millis brewery (Dartford wobbler etc) in Darenth. John & Miriam are lovely people. I have two 10 pint poly pins which I swap over when I collect. The Iron Pier in Gravesend was set up by the lads from the brewery downstairs in the George & Dragon in  Swanscombe, due to outgrowing the pub. Was down to go there last Sunday. The fella from the Kentish Belle pub by Bexleyheath station is a nice fella & really clued up & does a good selection.  The Bexley brewery does a lovely porter (with a hint of rum) again nice fellas & good knowledge. Before the brief closure of the Barnehurst line we was going between the Bird & Barrel & the Kentish Belle on matchdays & getting the loop round to Charlton via slade green.
  • Options
    Villages Brewery in Deptford
    Brick Brewery
    Canopy Brewery
    Brockley Brewery

All worth checking out...

Turning Point Brewery (Yorkshire) does some great beers and has 15% off on orders over £20...(see my pic in the 'Lockdown beers' thread...)

Hop Stuff brewery (mentioned above) has gone bust hasn't it??  Owner 'ran off' with the funds or something...just after another funding round... 
  • Options
    Another vote for the Brick Brewery in Peckham - they have great beer, are local and deliver across South East London. 

Also, my friend owns Bays in South Devon, they have some lovely beers and offer delivery. Devon Rock (craft larger) and Devon Dumpling (golden ale) are my faves - highly recommended:

https://www.baysbrewery.co.uk/
  • Options
    Not a brewery, but the Hackney Carriage in Sidcup is still doing pre-orders / collections / takeouts, with a decent selection on offer. Seem to be open every day. Delicious ales still to be had... 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Hop Stuff Brewery

Hop Stuff closed last year - the owners made a tax blunder, blamed everyone but themselves, then sold out to Molson Coors. 

Villages Brewery in Deptford is doing free delivery of cans in south London: https://villagesbrewery.com (edit: my case has just arrived!)

The Long Pond is doing deliveries within SE9 only: https://twitter.com/thelongpond

River Ale House in Greenwich is open two hours each day for takeouts: https://www.facebook.com/theriveralehouse/posts/2726014897617274

Westerham Brewery is doing free delivery on orders over £35 within 15 miles (which happily just includes The Valley): https://store.westerhambrewery.co.uk

Bexley Brewery is delivering within Bexley borough: https://twitter.com/BexleyBrewery

• Options
    https://www.beerguideldn.com/news.php

This page has a list of London breweries and bottle shops doing delivery. If the lockdown goes on for a lot longer I'll definitely be needing a delivery! 

https://sambrooksbrewery.co.uk/

I quite like Sambrook's, and they are offering free delivery within the M25, including bright beers
  • Options
    There’s one in Greenhithe.
    No Frills Joe.
    Excellent ale.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Now this is a thread that is pissing me off.

Microbreweries are effectively banned in Thailand as the laws protect the big brewers' interests. Any Thai small breweries have to send the beer out of the country for bottling and then import duty is paid when it comes back in! This makes all imported beer so expensive.

So, I'm mainly stuck with Chang, Leo, Singha and Tiger, though I did find some Beer Lao IPA the other day which wasnt bad.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    It won't help anyone else much, but I have just ordered 5 litres of Vanilla Stout (camra supreme champion beer of Britain 2016) with free local delivery from Bingham's brewery in Twyford, Berks for £21.
    It's bright beer so has to be consumed fairly quickly, but I reckon I can manage that.
    Though I have since noticed their beer is cheapest in 2 litre quantities, so will mix up my next order.
    Arrives Wednesday for Easter drinking
  • Options
    River Ale house opening for pickup orders is nearly best news I’ve had this week,

Just beaten by my son coming through a continuous cough, temperature despite Calpol and fatigue. The meds have worked and he’s now not coughing even at all. Thanks fuck for that and for the ability to buy some beer. 
  • Options

Microbreweries are effectively banned in Thailand as the laws protect the big brewers' interests. Any Thai small breweries have to send the beer out of the country for bottling and then import duty is paid when it comes back in! This makes all imported beer so expensive.

So, I'm mainly stuck with Chang, Leo, Singha and Tiger, though I did find some Beer Lao IPA the other day which wasnt bad.

much prefer those to the muck being discussed on this thread!
  • Options
    Hoppers hut in Sidcup is doing takeaway orders from their website
  • Options

Just start brewing your own - the authorities are probably pretty distracted now so they’ll never clock ya !
  • Options

Can you get Phuket Island Lager? 
    Nice drop created by the father of a girl I know.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    It won't help anyone else much, but I have just ordered 5 litres of Vanilla Stout (camra supreme champion beer of Britain 2016) with free local delivery from Bingham's brewery in Twyford, Berks for £21.
    It's bright beer so has to be consumed fairly quickly, but I reckon I can manage that.
    Though I have since noticed their beer is cheapest in 2 litre quantities, so will mix up my next order.
    Arrives Wednesday for Easter drinking
    Really want to try that, even better at £2 a pint, enjoy mate.
  • Options
    Kentish Belle by Bexleyheath Station are operating as an Offy at the moment. You can collect or order an online delivery.
    He has some real belters.
  • Options
    We've got loads round here.  Brick in Peckham, Brockley, Ignition in Sydenham, a bunch in Deptford.

Then there's Canopy, Meantime and a lot up by London Bridge.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

Yes, drink it