Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local breweries/beers

Comments

• Options
    We've got loads round here.  Brick in Peckham, Brockley, Ignition in Sydenham, a bunch in Deptford.

Then there's Canopy, Meantime and a lot up by London Bridge.
    Where about are you? Beer Shop in Nunhead and Hop Burns & Black in ED/Peck are still delivering with a good selection. 
  • Options
    Anyone ever used no frills joe in greenhithe
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We've got loads round here.  Brick in Peckham, Brockley, Ignition in Sydenham, a bunch in Deptford.

Where about are you? Beer Shop in Nunhead and Hop Burns & Black in ED/Peck are still delivering with a good selection. 
    Dare I say it, Ignition beer is rank.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

Dare I say it, Ignition beer is rank.
    Does it make you want to start something?

• Options
    Just been to the River Ale House and they have a great selection of beers on atm, pickup only, two people max in the pub, 2 hours a day. 

https://www.realalefinder.com/beerboard/?the-river-ale-house-greenwich

I’ve picked up 4 pints of the Knight. Fingers crossed, great work Trevor 😁
  • Options
    Westerham Brewery delivering. Got ours today!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Got a delivery today from Husk Brewery who are in the Royal Docks - their website says they'll deliver within a 3 mile radius on Saturdays.

What they're not saying on the website is that if you're south of the river, they'll deliver on Thursdays if you order for Wednesday instead. Website's here, https://www.huskbrewing.com/deliveries, if you're on Twitter you can check with them here: https://twitter.com/huskbrewing
  • Options
    Bexley Brewery are delivering tomorrow. Cant wait.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bexley Brewery are delivering tomorrow. Cant wait.
    Featured on my pals WhatsApp chat tonight. Mate praising his delivery of Old Mill Ale and Redhouse Ale. 

Another mate had a 5l delivery of MadCat from @Riviera Lond Pond
  • Options
    Yes. Very good. Regular purchases. And delivery at the moment is great. Good guys too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My local (4 miles) brewery is charging £3.50 for their beers. Not going to have me as a customer at those prices.
  • Options
    That's shocking. Just got a delivery from London Beer Factory, £20 for 12
  • Options
    Got my third delivery from Brick Brewery in Peckham last night, lovely stuff. Even sent a crate to my uncle in Paisley as a surprise!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Don’t think the figure of £3.5 is shocking, It depends what you are getting & the cost that has been incurred making it. Equally if you don’t want to pay that amount that’s your prerogative.

Localish to a lot of people on here are The London Beer factory who have 2 beers available where the sales go to Guys and Kings. Gypsy Hill have a buy an NHS worker a pint scheme. And for those in the NHS, Kernal brewery have a discount.
  • Options
    Rusty Bucket are delivering keg for £10 per litre. Personally think this is a pisstake.
    One of the few occasions where cans are the better economy.
  • Options
    Water into Beer in Brockley are doing free delivery on orders over £30 within 3 miles of the shop.
    https://waterintobeer.co.uk/
    They've got a fairly wide range though it's probably not as cheap as going direct from a brewery
  • Options
    Don’t think the figure of £3.5 is shocking, It depends what you are getting & the cost that has been incurred making it. Equally if you don’t want to pay that amount that’s your prerogative.

Localish to a lot of people on here are The London Beer factory who have 2 beers available where the sales go to Guys and Kings. Gypsy Hill have a buy an NHS worker a pint scheme. And for those in the NHS, Kernal brewery have a discount.
    Untappd are also supporting the “buy an NHS worker a pint” thing.
  • Options
    One of my local breweries, Bingham's, is charging £7.00 - £8.10 for two litres, depending on strength, equivalent of £2 - £2.30 a pint, delivered free. Excellent beer too. 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Water into Beer in Brockley are doing free delivery on orders over £30 within 3 miles of the shop.
    https://waterintobeer.co.uk/
    They've got a fairly wide range though it's probably not as cheap as going direct from a brewery
    Why is it that most of the cans on that website look like they contain energy drinks rather than beer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried an IPA from Northdown Brewery in Margate last night - it was lovely! He-Bru IPA. Definitely recommended.

Also tried a couple of Romney Marsh beers - their amber ale and another one - they weren't for me
  • Options
    Not ordered it from there (opened just after I left 😫)
    But drank the ale, it’s lovely.
    I know a few that have ordered from there with no problems.
  • Options
    According to my brother, @Riviera (The Long Pond, Eltham), has never been busier, now that he is doing deliveries. For those who don't know, he only pours local/Kentish beers.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Tried an IPA from Northdown Brewery in Margate last night - it was lovely! He-Bru IPA. Definitely recommended.

Also tried a couple of Romney Marsh beers - their amber ale and another one - they weren't for me
    Whereabouts in the Margate area is Northdown Brewery based? 
  • Options

From Millwall territory, but this is really good if you like this sort of thing 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The whole Bermondsey Mile is Millwall territory.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I love sour IPAs and hopped sours, but in this land of IPA and sour brewers they are remarkably difficult to find.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I love sour IPAs and hopped sours, but in this land of IPA and sour brewers they are remarkably difficult to find.  
    BBNo ship!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

BBNo ship!
    UK only unfortunately.