Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local breweries/beers

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

From Millwall territory, but this is really good if you like this sort of thing 
    I love sour IPAs and hopped sours, but in this land of IPA and sour brewers they are remarkably difficult to find.  
    BBNo ship!
    UK only unfortunately. 
    USA beer swap party... Plenty of Trillium, Russian River and Treehouse Brewing that never makes it over here... .
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Beers on radiators?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:

Beers on radiators?
    If it’s not turned on then no issues, need to be resourceful these days 
  • Options
    I thought Binghams went under? Strange after the Vanilla Stout won CAMRA's beer of the year 2 years ago.

Enjoying my case of Bexley Brewery beers.....Spike Island stout is really good.
  • Options
    I thought Binghams went under? Strange after the Vanilla Stout won CAMRA's beer of the year 2 years ago.

Enjoying my case of Bexley Brewery beers.....Spike Island stout is really good.
    Still going strong, and they've won a good number of awards over the last few years.
    They seem to be working hard to keep pace with home orders at the moment, which is good to see.
  • Options
    Mr Tatters said he’d got a ‘can of beer’. 9 pint can!
    Westerham Brewery, delivered another good one. A bit ‘lively ‘ to start with
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Had a huge beer in a box delivery, 36pint, £58, from my local brewery.

On arrival the note said it should be drunk within 5 days, which came as a surprise/shock/challenge! 

Still loads (25+pints) left 14 days later and I can't taste any reduction in quality so far. Any advice about the rest of it? 

Don't forget you can still cook with beer once it's not so drinkable ..... steak & ale pie, for example.
    So I had a quick look at Mr Google:

50 Recipes to Make with Beer

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-to-make-with-beer/

Get on! :smile:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    Had a huge beer in a box delivery, 36pint, £58, from my local brewery.

On arrival the note said it should be drunk within 5 days, which came as a surprise/shock/challenge! 

Still loads (25+pints) left 14 days later and I can't taste any reduction in quality so far. Any advice about the rest of it? 

I just re-read this. In 14 days you drank less than 11 pints???
  • Options
    Ive been ordering from the Kentish Belle so far which have all been great. Any local breweries delivering to Greenwich/Charlton area anyone can recommend? 
  • Options
    Ive been ordering from the Kentish Belle so far which have all been great. Any local breweries delivering to Greenwich/Charlton area anyone can recommend? 
    have had a couple of deliveries from Husk Brewing to Charlton - their IPA is very nice. They're based over the water, underneath the Silvertown viaduct, and deliver in a van on Sunday afternoons

https://www.huskbrewing.com/deliveries

Villages, underneath the arches at Deptford, are delivering cans (though mine came by courier) https://villagesbrewery.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Was thinking about doing my bit for the local economy and supporting some local breweries as I can't go to the pub these days.

I know there's the Bexley Brewery and the Dartford Warbler Brewery who both seem to do beers that sound right up my street and they deliver, but has anyone got any other local recommendations of beers or breweries?

Cheers

No Frills Joe's in Swanscombe - https://nofrillsjoe.co.uk/
    Iron Pier in Gravesend - https://www.ironpier.beer/
    Goacher's in Maidstone - http://www.goachers.com/

• Options
    Came across BeerHawkNow last night, currently doing free delivery (as of earlier today) on some pretty reasonably priced beer. I got some Cassel’s Milk stout, once voted best stout in the world, some La Trappe blond and a Belching Beaver peanut butter milk stout delivered, comes refrigerated too which is nice. Think it’s only available within the east London area, so if you’re also close enough to the river you might also be in the catchment area. 
  • Options
    Portobello do free delivery within the M25. Their minimum quantities are reasonable too, for example £20 for a 5L minikeg which I ordered yesterday, and arrived today!

• Options
    My local brewery is charging £6.75 for two pints. I like to support local companies, but......
  • Options
    Blimey. Mines charging barely more than that for two litres.
  • Options
    Portobello do free delivery within the M25. Their minimum quantities are reasonable too, for example £20 for a 5L minikeg which I ordered yesterday, and arrived today!

What’s it like storing one? might’ve thought about getting a keg but would never get it in the fridge. 
  • Options
    I’m getting my deliveries from black sheep. Whilst not local, they normally ship in 48 hours. 40 bottles of their amber ale comes in at £84.90 with postage. Just over 20p a bottle more than you pay in the supermarket. Also got a chapel down delivery coming this week. 6 bottles of bacchus sparkling wine, 12 cans of gin and tonic and 12 bottles of porter for £113.50 inc delivery. Have also had 48 bottles of westerham spirit of Kent delivered which was free delivery, though I’m not sure if they’re still doing that.
  • Options
    I’m getting my deliveries from black sheep. Whilst not local, they normally ship in 48 hours. 40 bottles of their amber ale comes in at £84.90 with postage. Just over 20p a bottle more than you pay in the supermarket. Also got a chapel down delivery coming this week. 6 bottles of bacchus sparkling wine, 12 cans of gin and tonic and 12 bottles of porter for £113.50 inc delivery. Have also had 48 bottles of westerham spirit of Kent delivered which was free delivery, though I’m not sure if they’re still doing that.
    Fook me, no wonder you’ve not been bothered about leaving the house!
  • Options
    Fook me, no wonder you’ve not been bothered about leaving the house!
    Ha ha not all for me tho 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Just a normal quiet week then  ......
    The G & T was a freeman’s as their last delivery was late. Not the sort of thing I would normally cuff indoors but weren’t gonna turn it down.
  • Options

What’s it like storing one? might’ve thought about getting a keg but would never get it in the fridge. 
    It would just about fit in the fridge, but doesn't need to be kept there - indeed that might be too cold for real ale -  just a cool place out of the sun. Indeed with the temperature dropping in the evenings at the moment, the outside temperature (or a room with the window open) give the perfect temperature if you don't want to drink it until say 9pm
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    East London Brewery (for those of us exiled from the promised land) are doing 20L bag-in-box deliveries for anyone with an E postcode. Prices depend on the beer available but if you email them they'll let you know. 

Thinking of getting one tomorrow! Their Cowcatcher pale would work out at £2 a pint which isn't bad. 
  • Options
    Not local but Hogsback Brewery doing a deal of 36 pints (well 500ml bottles)of TEA for £61.75 free delivery anywhere. Will do barrels locally only. 
    Westerham Breweries seemed to have stopped doing free delivery. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Not local but Hogsback Brewery doing a deal of 36 pints (well 500ml bottles)of TEA for £61.75 free delivery anywhere. Will do barrels locally only. 
    Will have to check that out. Very good price and I do like TEA.
  • Options
    redman said:
    TEA is a nice beer, but I'm not sure I'd want 36 bottles of it!

Indeed that's a grouse I have with a lot of brewery delivery services, you have to older a set amount of only 1 bottled beer, I'd be happy to pay slightly more for a "variety pack"
  • Options
    Following list that we have ordered from 
    Common rioters beer and cider
    Rusty bucket beer and wine
    The hanger beer and wine 
    Park fever beer and wine
    Peckham cellars wine (very good quality at around the £14 per bottle mark)
    Song bird wines, wine (again some great wines)
    Hops burn and black, wine 
    Wine at home,  orders of wine in 6s 
  • Options
    redman said:
    @Jints was also good delivery. Ordered 10pm Tuesday night and delivered midday today, Thursday 
  • Options
    redman said:
    redman said:
    @Jints was also good delivery. Ordered 10pm Tuesday night and delivered midday today, Thursday 
    Thanks - I've ordered a case, looking forward to it. My delivery from the Wine Society arrived half an hour ago too so well sorted for grape and grain.