Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    Fizzy chewits, loved them as a kid. 
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

Robert Opie Scrapbooks? Love those books. Have you ever been to his museum in Nothing Hill. One of the best museums I've ever been too
    Yes Robert Opie 
    Got them from wartime through to 1970s
  • Options
    Was in Darlington a couple of years ago and one shop has a big stock of hard liqourice with the flat end, my mate bought quite a lot of it.

Never see it down south.

Chew on it for days and have a big black mark in the corner of your mouth.
  • Options
    Pyramints
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    'Zing' fizzy drinks, all flavours, they used to sell it at the cafe bar thingy at the back of the old Woolworths in Bexleyheath Broadway, the green one glowed like nuclear waste...
  • Options
    Top Deck shandy, used to love it as a kid
    Reminds me that we could get beer lollies off our local ice cream van in the 60s.  Not sure if they were made commercially or by the ice cream man himself.  They were lovely while they lasted (which wasn't very long) because you were very quickly left with a stick of frozen water. 
  • Options

Knew a girl who could do amazing things when she had this in her mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Sprats, haven't had any in years.
  • Options
    Worcester sauce twiglets 
  • Options
    Corona cream soda
  • Options
    Plumrose risotto
  • Options
    Nux 
    Jiffy Jellies
    Hubbly Bubbly - a fizzy drink. 
  • Options
    These are what I miss. I seem to remember that the five flavours were not positioned evenly beneath each segment so if you broke a piece off you might get a mix of two flavours. 
    Perfection. 
  • Options
    What happened to ‘Tab’, the clear cola drink?
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

Robert Opie Scrapbooks? Love those books. Have you ever been to his museum in Nothing Hill. One of the best museums I've ever been too
    Yes Robert Opie 
    I met Julian Opie once...
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    What happened to ‘Tab’, the clear cola drink?
    It was a bit rough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mum always made sure she had some of these in for me. Bless her.

My mum always had these for my packed lunch.
  • Options
    Carling Premier and Caffreys
  • Options
    Anyone remember turkey sticks from the chip shop? -

• Options
    I’m pretty certain that the 1st piece of bubblegum I was allowed to have by me parents back when I was wee lad was Bazooka Joe,don’t think I’ve seen them around for yonks,if they actually still do them...did buy a Bazooka Joe T shirt a couple years back for the nostalgia...
  • Options
    Cadbury dream.
  • Options
    Anyone remember turkey sticks from the chip shop? -

I made a fortune copyrighting that photo of my cock.
    Every seedy chip shop in Britain had it back lit behind the bar. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Aztec and Fuse bars were lovely. I remember losing a tooth eating a Toffo.

Anyone remember the chocolate bar that had an advert tag line something like "It's chewy, It's crunchy"? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of it. It was a kind of a cereal/nougat/nutty thing.
  • Options

Anyone remember the chocolate bar that had an advert tag line something like "It's chewy, It's crunchy"? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of it. It was a kind of a cereal/nougat/nutty thing.

This maybe...?
  • Options

This maybe...?
    No, it was a chocolate bar. Ironically, I think the advert had a guy, who had forgot the name of it, trying to describe it to the shopkeeper ("It's chewy, no, It's crunchy". Or something like that).