Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    Milky Way bars when they were similar to Mars Bars, and not with the white vanilla filling.
  • Options
    Aztec and Fuse bars were lovely. I remember losing a tooth eating a Toffo.

Anyone remember the chocolate bar that had an advert tag line something like "It's chewy, It's crunchy"? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of it. It was a kind of a cereal/nougat/nutty thing.

This maybe...?
    No, it was a chocolate bar. Ironically, I think the advert had a guy, who had forgot the name of it, trying to describe it to the shopkeeper ("It's chewy, no, It's crunchy". Or something like that).
    From Wiki ...

There also existed a 'Double Decker – Nuts' launched in 2004, which had the advertising slogan "crispy, crunchy, chewy and nutty". This chocolate bar was essentially a Double Decker with nuts contained within the nougat layer; however, it has since been discontinued.

I think maybe, possibly Willie Rushton did the original advert - without the nutty bit of course - as he sadly died in 1996.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Used to love the beef curry. Didn't Vesta used to do a beef risotto also around the 80's/ early 90's?

Also miss Tooty Fruties(Not with the beef curry)
  • Options
    These were lovely but I seem to remember scratching my gums on the peanuts on the outside in my haste to wolf them down.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Weight Watchers Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Used to eat these all the time when I wanted to lose weight. Nothing else comes close for me.
  • Options
    Toffee were my favourite.

• Options

Anyone remember the chocolate bar that had an advert tag line something like "It's chewy, It's crunchy"? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of it. It was a kind of a cereal/nougat/nutty thing.

This maybe...?
    No, it was a chocolate bar. Ironically, I think the advert had a guy, who had forgot the name of it, trying to describe it to the shopkeeper ("It's chewy, no, It's crunchy". Or something like that).
    From Wiki ...

There also existed a 'Double Decker – Nuts' launched in 2004, which had the advertising slogan "crispy, crunchy, chewy and nutty". This chocolate bar was essentially a Double Decker with nuts contained within the nougat layer; however, it has since been discontinued.

I think maybe, possibly Willie Rushton did the original advert - without the nutty bit of course - as he sadly died in 1996.
    That's it, Double Decker. My sanity thanks you, it's been driving me mad trying to remember the name.

Mmmmm, Double Decker. I really want one now.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I’m pretty certain that the 1st piece of bubblegum I was allowed to have by me parents back when I was wee lad was Bazooka Joe,don’t think I’ve seen them around for yonks,if they actually still do them...did buy a Bazooka Joe T shirt a couple years back for the nostalgia...
    They always had a little comic strip inside and an opportunity to collect them and get x-ray specs or something similar along with postage. I always itended to but never actually got anything although I ate a lot of them. Did anybody? I suspect they were immensely cheap poor products.

• Options
    Was there another bubble gum called Anglo?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carling Premier and Caffreys
    Caffreys used to love it when it first came out onto the market. Lost 3 bank cards in a cash machine one night after a gallon of it and needed some more cash, couldn’t remember my pin No. Think they made it weaker after a while.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    T_C_E said:
    Proper jubblys not these poor relations sold today, the ones that took three hours to consume and when you drank the last drop of juice at the bottom of the carton it was so concentrated it had kick like a cheap scotch. 
    They used to take 3 hours to open as well lol 
  • Options
    Poppets
  • Options
    proper wife beater stella, not the pissy 4.8% you get nowadays
  • Options
    Bean Roundas (rounders?) from the chip shop in Lee Green in the 80's. Baked beans in sausage meat in breadcrumbs deep fried. I seem to recall they were the dogs b*llocks.
  • Options

Double Decker?
  • Options

Double Decker?
    Yep. Thanks, but Raith beat you to it. See above.
  • Options
    Carling is disgusting stuff BUT Carling premier was majestic. No idea why they discontinued that I distinctly remember having my first pint of it courtesy of a token in loaded magazine in the command house pub Chatham circa 1998 

Me and my mate spent all of our limited funds on the stuff that glorious summers day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pan Yan Military pickle.
     If it’s been mentioned before it definitely deserves another mention.
  • Options
    Bean Roundas (rounders?) from the chip shop in Lee Green in the 80's. Baked beans in sausage meat in breadcrumbs deep fried. I seem to recall they were the dogs b*llocks.
    Used to get them from the chippy on Eltham hill after going to the swimming baths.
    also used to get hot black currant drink from the vending machine in the swimming baths.
  • Options
    Remember mid to late 70s eating these by the shed loads just so I could send off the empty packets to get some footie related crap.

• Options
    I used to love a 'Marathon', should never have got rid of that!! Oh, and Opal Fruits whilst you're at it; gutted! 
  • Options
    I used to love a 'Marathon', should never have got rid of that!! Oh, and Opal Fruits whilst you're at it; gutted! 
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/22/can-buy-opal-fruits-22-years-sweets-renamed-starburst-12101548/ 
  • Options
    Carling relaunched Premier in 2017
    can get in cans from Asda 
  • Options

Double Decker?
    Nuts ...as advertised by Mr t ...
    Go get some nuts
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Double Decker?
    Go get some nuts
    thats was the snickers advert Mr T did
  • Options
    Carling Premier and Caffreys
    Caffreys used to love it when it first came out onto the market. Lost 3 bank cards in a cash machine one night after a gallon of it and needed some more cash, couldn’t remember my pin No. Think they made it weaker after a while.
    Drank far too many Caffreys one night in the Falcon at Clapham Junction. This was before it went on general sale in the weaker form. Very sore head in the morning.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Double Decker?
    Go get some nuts
    thats was the snickers advert Mr T did
    So it was ..I stand corrected