Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    The ice cream float at Wimpy was nice. Well it was something you couldn't make up your mind whether it was nice or not but learned to love it! Loved their sausage with a grilled tomato in the middle and it was great how their milkshake glasses made you think you were getting a lot more than you was! 
    Bender?
  • Options
    Yes, that was it :)
  • Options
    Watneys party seven.
    @Baldybonce ...

• Options
    Spangles anyone?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Chicken in a basket at Berni Inns and Golden Eggs.

Neither were great per se but when you were churning out the miles up and down the UK and starving way back when they were better and better value than motorway service stations.
    The Valley Club used to serve a mean chicken in a basket back in the day.
  • Options
    Topic Bars
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Neither were great per se but when you were churning out the miles up and down the UK and starving way back when they were better and better value than motorway service stations.
    The basket tasted better than the chicken in most places.
  • Options
    The coconut Boost bar & pacers (kinda like a spearmint opal  fruit)
  • Options
    Topic Bars
    They’re still available mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watneys party seven.
    @Baldybonce ...

Thanks but i would’nt touch it with a bargepole now.
  • Options
    Spangles anyone?
    In order of preference:-

Old English
    Liquorice
    Acid Drops
  • Options
    Can you still get Tizer?
  • Options
    Topic Bars
    Still out, but smaller than you and me.
  • Options
    Topic Bars
    Still out, but smaller than you and me.
    That’s why I couldn’t see them around.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    The ice cream float at Wimpy was nice. Well it was something you couldn't make up your mind whether it was nice or not but learned to love it! Loved their sausage with a grilled tomato in the middle and it was great how their milkshake glasses made you think you were getting a lot more than you was! 
    Bender?
    Just curious.
    I know it’s coming but he never fails to make me laugh!
  • Options
    Can you still get Tizer?

Twenty four cans for just under twenty four quid from Amazon. Barr’s make it so it might be available at wherever sells their range.
  • Options
    Fruit salad and black jacks.  Particularly the rectangular pieces rather than the square ones in a pack.
  • Options
    I remember buying those with my pocket money, 5 for 2p, or something like that back in the early 70s.

Thinking about it, didn't blackjacks have what would now be regarded as a racist wrapper, or am I misremembering?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Fruit salad and black jacks.  Particularly the rectangular pieces rather than the square ones in a pack.
    Had a bizarre culinary experience last week.
    Morrisons new "Fruit Salad" doughnuts.
    I skipped the small print and expected actual fruit.
    Instead, it was Fruit Salad flavoured custard.
    Not entirely unpleasant, but definitely couldn't do more than one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone mentioned Mojos? Little chewy sweets that my 10p would get me twenty of from the shop next to my primary school.
  • Options
    Yeah, Half p mojos. 
    Loved em. 
  • Options
    Probably mentioned it earlier in thread Cabana chocolate bar and Quattro drink
  • Options
    Bar Six . I think it was made by Cadbury . Also coffee crisp . I think I last tasted them in the 60s 
  • Options
    Caramac to be discontinued.  

Can't remember the last time I bought one tbf, but it's a shame as it is quite distinctive from other bars.  The name is made up from Caramel and Mac (as in Macintosh) the original producers in 1959.

https://news.sky.com/story/caramac-bars-to-be-discontinued-after-more-than-60-years-13003292
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What happened to all those baskets that were popular back in the 70s and maybe 80s?
  • Options
    Caramac to be discontinued.  

Can't remember the last time I bought one tbf, but it's a shame as it is quite distinctive from other bars.  The name is made up from Caramel and Mac (as in Macintosh) the original producers in 1959.

https://news.sky.com/story/caramac-bars-to-be-discontinued-after-more-than-60-years-13003292
    Loved these when I was a kid. Hadn't seen them for many years then saw some in a little corner shop so bought one for old times sake. Either my taste or the recipe has changed but I found it revoltingly sweet. If I ate these as a kid it's no wonder my teeth are so poor.