Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    Melrose said:
    Savoury Vinegar crisps. Around early to mid 70's. Much better than Salt & Vinegar.
    When I lived up North early 70s, used to love Cheddar Cheese crisps and savoury sausage. 

Talking of sausages (oo-er missus) anyone remember square sausages? Not round but smooth edges?
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Melrose said:
    Savoury Vinegar crisps. Around early to mid 70's. Much better than Salt & Vinegar.
    When I lived up North early 70s, used to love Cheddar Cheese crisps and savoury sausage. 

Talking of sausages (oo-er missus) anyone remember square sausages? Not round but smooth edges?
    My grandad cooked me a couple once, I think he got them from Bookers or somewhere like that. 

Weirdly I was thinking about it the other day and wondered if maybe he was lying to get me to eat something like Spam and I was eating something else as I have never seen or heard of square sausages anywhere since then or before. 

You've just restored my faith in him!

• Options
    Back in the 80’s British Rail had their own burger outlets at certain London stations called ‘Casey Jones’ - I liked their burgers, but they split opinion somewhat - my mates thought they were awful
    And they refused to sell regular size chips after about 10pm - only large. 

A drunken argument with the staff is my recollection at Charing Cross i seem to recall when I challenged it 🙂
  • Options
    Mackintoshs Golden Cup 
    Five boys chocolate bars 
    Penny strips of Cadbury chocolate
    Really really really hard sticks of liquorice shaped like a knife 
    Cokernut bars 
    Cream soda 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Melrose said:

Lorne sausage. 
    They're Scottish and hard to get south of the border.
  • Options
    I note that Nicholas James of Locks Bottom advertise a copy of the much missed Kennedys sausages.  I can't vouch for them though  :|

• Options
    Melrose said:
    Mosscat said:
    Potato puffs
    Absolutely. Used to love these. Had them at primary school. I was the potato puff monitor :smile: Also used to get a 3rd of a pint of milk (free). Circa 1969
    I think some potato puffs were called Piglets. I used to love them.
  • Options
    Surprised to see Gold Label still.on the shelves -

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Awful stuff 😂 Barley Wine as I recall!
  • Options

Thunderbird Wine!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    this

and this n'all

Loved the pineapple one
  • Options
    Was just gonna say, "anyone mentioned Cresta?"  Spooky!

Loved the adverts but there must of been so many chemicals in it, me and my brothers buzzed on that stuff.

https://youtu.be/Gq3m73bL_NI?si=9Yknv1SOszly0vPx
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Gribbo said:

Awful stuff 😂 Barley Wine as I recall!
    Yeah that's it. Bulldog, one of the old characters from The Horse used to drink half a Stella, topped up with a Gold Label, and that would be from opening until long into the night. 

RIP Garry
  • Options
    Marble bars 
  • Options
    Fuse Bars
  • Options
    Hearty soup at Asda
  • Options
    Apparently Heinz have brought back their baked beans pizza. You can get it at Iceland. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might have said this before
    Mint Cracknell
    Lemon Polos
    Branston spicy pickle
    Vanilla Coke
    There's probably other stuff I can't think of
    AND NOW CARAMAC
     :( 
  • Options
    I might have said this before
    Mint Cracknell
    Lemon Polos
    Branston spicy pickle
    Vanilla Coke
    There's probably other stuff I can't think of
    AND NOW CARAMAC
     :( 
    I had a vanilla coke yesterday from Sainsburys
  • Options
    I was at the Greenwich market sweet shop on Saturday and was told that Caramac has been discontinued 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Cadburys do a version, Caramilk, now. Seems to be similar.
  • Options
    Was just gonna say, "anyone mentioned Cresta?"  Spooky!

Loved the adverts but there must of been so many chemicals in it, me and my brothers buzzed on that stuff.

https://youtu.be/Gq3m73bL_NI?si=9Yknv1SOszly0vPx
    Rimsky Korsakov!!!
  • Options
    I heard recently that toffee crops and topic bars are getting the heave ho, absolute meltdown, what is this country coming to!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Melrose said:

My grandad cooked me a couple once, I think he got them from Bookers or somewhere like that. 

Weirdly I was thinking about it the other day and wondered if maybe he was lying to get me to eat something like Spam and I was eating something else as I have never seen or heard of square sausages anywhere since then or before. 

You've just restored my faith in him!

Sounds like lorne sausage, I get mine from Campbells butchers when I get my scotch pies
  • Options
    McDonald's Mcrib best thing they ever made
    The McDonald’s hotdog cannot be as good as I remember. I loved them, thankfully I also had an outrageous metabolism at the time too. 
    Had a McPizza once, in the one by Charing Cross when I was about 6 or 7, I thought it was amazing.  Never saw them again.

Like.you with the hotdog, I suspect it wasn't in fact amazing.
    Are you sure your parents didn't take you to Pizza Hut and lied to you?
  • Options
    Marble bars 
    Came here to say exactly this.

Also, I haven't seen a Mint Feast for donkeys years. Used to love those.
  • Options
    McDonald's Mcrib best thing they ever made
    The McDonald’s hotdog cannot be as good as I remember. I loved them, thankfully I also had an outrageous metabolism at the time too. 
    Had a McPizza once, in the one by Charing Cross when I was about 6 or 7, I thought it was amazing.  Never saw them again.

Like.you with the hotdog, I suspect it wasn't in fact amazing.
    Are you sure your parents didn't take you to Pizza Hut and lied to you?
    Haha yes!  I'd have probably preferred it if they did!!

Has McDonald's in the U.K. ever served pizzas?
    May 21, 2018

Yes, we did sell pizzas for a limited period in some restaurants in the mid 1990's as part of a sales and product test. As part of the test we trialled 3 flavours - Cheese, Cheese & Pepperoni and the Deluxe (cheese, green pepper, onion, peperoni and more) - and they were 8 inch pizzas cut into 4 slices. We have no plans to reintroduce pizza to our menu at this time.