Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    Wimpy in Dartford is doing takeaways. Mate bought £45 worth yesterday!
  • Options
    Yeah I got one at the weekend from Welling. Arrived hot and was delicious. Even the chips.
  • Options
    Yeah I got one at the weekend from Welling. Arrived hot and was delicious. Even the chips.
    The manager at the Bexleyheath branch told me that the one in Welling has been on the same site longer than any other Wimpy in the UK. 
  • Options
    The manager at the Bexleyheath branch told me that the one in Welling has been on the same site longer than any other Wimpy in the UK. 
    although under different, and sometimes questionable, management.

How long has he been doing Bexleyheath? lovely bloke to boot.
  • Options
    Frosties sweets

You either got one with a chewy centre or it would be filled with sherbert

Always used to get a couple of packets on the way up to Scouts of an evening
  • Options

Yeah the Ahmet family do the Bexleyheath one. Really lovely people.
  • Options
    Bottles of Michelob.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I stand corrected. Being up here i thought they,d gone...i now realise my nearest is Kings Lynn.!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chicken in a basket at Berni Inns and Golden Eggs.

Neither were great per se but when you were churning out the miles up and down the UK and starving way back when they were better and better value than motorway service stations.
  • Options

Have to agree about the Bexleyheath guy and his staff. Welling is a trailing second. The branches in Woolwich and Eltham are doing takeaways.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Pretty sure the pizza/fried chicken place round the corner from me still sells that. I may be wrong but it looks very familiar. 
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Anyone remember Red Rock cider, lethal stuff. Think the advertising was, it's not red and there are no rocks in it!
    They were promoting this stuff in one of the pubs, near the Royal Mail depot I worked at. They were giving away half pints for nothing as many as you could drink, half of the office were shitfaced. 
  • Options
    Anyone remember Niblets crisps, I think British Home Stores used to sell them. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carling is disgusting stuff BUT Carling premier was majestic. No idea why they discontinued that I distinctly remember having my first pint of it courtesy of a token in loaded magazine in the command house pub Chatham circa 1998 

Me and my mate spent all of our limited funds on the stuff that glorious summers day 
    And would you Adam and eve it I've managed to not only discover the stuff is still made, I've scored a delivery of a crate if 24 cans.  Almost wish I'd used the world wide web to ask the carling premier question ages ago 

• Options
    Bottles of Michelob.
    Used to love that stuff, when that drink came out I used to work behind a bar,serving them I would just crack the tops of as you usually would...then after about 4-5 hrs into & nearing end of shift a customer then told me that they were screw tops...😣😢
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:
    Carling is disgusting stuff BUT Carling premier was majestic. No idea why they discontinued that I distinctly remember having my first pint of it courtesy of a token in loaded magazine in the command house pub Chatham circa 1998 

Me and my mate spent all of our limited funds on the stuff that glorious summers day 
    And would you Adam and eve it I've managed to not only discover the stuff is still made, I've scored a delivery of a crate if 24 cans.  Almost wish I'd used the world wide web to ask the carling premier question ages ago 

I did post that you can get it at Asda
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Anyone remember Red Rock cider, lethal stuff. Think the advertising was, it's not red and there are no rocks in it!
    They were promoting this stuff in one of the pubs, near the Royal Mail depot I worked at. They were giving away half pints for nothing as many as you could drink, half of the office were shitfaced. 
    I remember a glorious night at Uni once where some spirit company were giving away free shots and cocktails - they stamped your hand once for each to show you'd had one.

The stamps washed off very easily.

I've never been more drunk for less money.
  • Options
    thecat said:
    I remember a glorious night at Uni once where some spirit company were giving away free shots and cocktails - they stamped your hand once for each to show you'd had one.

The stamps washed off very easily.

I've never been more drunk for less money.
    seem to remember the same at uni with these:-

Image Source
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jamboree bags
    Corona lemonade (I think they used to deliver to the house). 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Crusty54 said:

Have to agree about the Bexleyheath guy and his staff. Welling is a trailing second. The branches in Woolwich and Eltham are doing takeaways.
    Would disagree totally (Welling).
    Took my son and daughter there after swimming last year.
    Kind of reminiscing on what me and my dad done many years ago.
    My dad would always go for the international grill, whereas the 1/4 pounder ticked my box.
    Think the grill set him up for the Sunday afternoon in the Wat Tyler ;-)

Asked about whatever happened to the knickerbocker glory?
    Explained that they were off the menu years ago.
    Went out back, got me an old, cleaned glass and sent his wife out for some mixed cubed fruit.
    Not as tall a glass as I remember as an eight year old.
    Excellent host and made the whole experience perfect.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

I did post that you can get it at Asda
    Never seen it there and I wont be going in a supermarket until this time next year the way we are going. Appreciate the heads up either way 
  • Options
    TURKEY TWIZZLERS ARE COMING BACK

Bernard Matthews teased the return of something a few days ago and everyone suspected it was them and they have now confirmed its Turkey Twizzlers.

Slight difference as it's Chill Cheese or Tangy Tomato but I cant wait to try them and see how they taste lol.

Bet Jamie Oliver is doing his nut somewhere.

• Options
    Golden Wonder Sausage and Tomato Crisps
    Walkers Toasted Cheese Crisps
    Royal Scot biscuits
    Mikky, cold chocolate milk drink from the milkman
  • Options
    Theakstons best bitter when it was produced at the State Brewery, Carlisle. Truly manna from heaven!
  • Options
    Polypins of Shepherd Neame Master Brew
  • Options
    The ice cream float at Wimpy was nice. Well it was something you couldn't make up your mind whether it was nice or not but learned to love it! Loved their sausage with a grilled tomato in the middle and it was great how their milkshake glasses made you think you were getting a lot more than you was! 
  • Options
    I'm sure I've posted this before... Burton's Potato Puffs were wonderful. Light, airy, ultra-potato flavoured and cheaper than Smiths or Golden Wonder.  Not seen these since early 2000s. Ideally washed down with green Cresta.
  • Options
    It's frothy man!