Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discontinued food / drinks you miss

Comments

• Options
    Texan bars
  • Options
    Trio
  • Options
    McDonald's Mcrib best thing they ever made
    The McDonald’s hotdog cannot be as good as I remember. I loved them, thankfully I also had an outrageous metabolism at the time too. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/REuTGVftxSQ?si=usdGpk9xz0p_wU2F

Now look what you've made me do!
  • Options
    McDonald's Mcrib best thing they ever made
    The McDonald’s hotdog cannot be as good as I remember. I loved them, thankfully I also had an outrageous metabolism at the time too. 
    Had a McPizza once, in the one by Charing Cross when I was about 6 or 7, I thought it was amazing.  Never saw them again.

Like.you with the hotdog, I suspect it wasn't in fact amazing.
  • Options
    Irn bru bars
  • Options
    Irn bru bars
    Not sure my teeth could take them these days.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    T_C_E said:
    I remember loving camp coffee made with milk and fig roll biscuits as a child, seeing them both on a rare shopping trip with my wife I bought some. Bloody awful. 
    Remember it? I can still taste it 😟
    Saw it on the bottom shelf a while ago and thought who the hell still buys the stuff. Growing up it was what would be offered as “coffee”without embarrassment, probably why I only drink tea.
  • Options

A cabana chocolate bar, washed down with a refreshing can of Quatro
  • Options
    this

and this n'all

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possibly said this before but lemonade or cola fizzy chewits. Can find absolutely no images of them online but they definitely existed and I enjoyed them a little too much as a kid. 
  • Options
    Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup. I use it in a recipe and now can't get hold of it anywhere. :'(  I fear it has been discontinued in the UK. You can still get it on eBay but it's the American version and they want £36 for a 12-pack and £60 postage. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    this

and this n'all

Loved the foamy polystyrene wrap that went around cresta bottles (stored in the garage at my nan's house...)
  • Options
    Might have said this before, but there was an ice cream lolly in the shape of Mickey Mouse that was lemonade and cold flavour, but it was like a soft sorbet texture rather than the hard frozen ice type.

It was really good.

Googled it to see if I could see a picture and someone has asked the same question, but the best anyone could do was a mocked up version!

• Options
    Whelks are very hard to get hold of nowadays!
  • Options
    The seafood shop on the opposite side of the level crossing at The Pilot, Dungeness, is your friend!
  • Options

Funny faces ice cream on a stick. Funny feet were introduced later but seemed a bit less good
  • Options
    Wickles opposite the Anchor and Hope did whelks when I was last there. 
  • Options
    Ice Magic - chocolate sauce for ice cream, that forms a hard shell on contact with the ice cream. Amazing! Maybe they still make it, I have no idea. For me, it was only ever available at my nan's house, and only if I'd been a good boy, so I've not had any for at least 30 years.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Ice Magic - chocolate sauce for ice cream, that forms a hard shell on contact with the ice cream. Amazing! Maybe they still make it, I have no idea. For me, it was only ever available at my nan's house, and only if I'd been a good boy, so I've not had any for at least 30 years.
    oh yes - great shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    MrLargo said:
    Not the ‘Ice Magic’ brand, but you can definitely get the chocolate sauce that goes hard when you put it on ice cream,
    It just so happens that I bought some from Sainsbury’s yesterday!
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Where have you been looking? In the butchers?
    I know you can get them by the Anchor and Hope but they are hard to find in Herts. 
  • Options
    Remember Sky ice cream bars being nice.

• Options
    Back in the 80’s British Rail had their own burger outlets at certain London stations called ‘Casey Jones’ - I liked their burgers, but they split opinion somewhat - my mates thought they were awful
  • Options
    And here was another good food outlet - way better than Little Chef 

• Options
    And here was another good food outlet - way better than Little Chef 

Even the logo was tactical chundering!
  • Options
    Savoury Vinegar crisps. Around early to mid 70's. Much better than Salt & Vinegar.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Not the ‘Ice Magic’ brand, but you can definitely get the chocolate sauce that goes hard when you put it on ice cream,
    It just so happens that I bought some from Sainsbury’s yesterday!

@DaveMehmet is experimenting as we speak.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Elvis Juice, which is my favourite tipple and was temporarily replaced by newly formulated Elvis juice, which clearly wasn’t as popular as it was discontinued.

I was bereft and wrote to Brewdog to complain!

Didn't know it had been stopped, was a good beer.
    Brewdog “reformulated” it to 5% abv but sales dropped through the floor so they have brought it back - great brewer but they seem to get a lot of things wrong!