Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The worst football kit ever

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Worse....kit......ever 

Most bad kits tend to be the away ones, where to an extent the designers have more leeway to be left field. To produce a bad home kit is far worse!
  • edited April 2020
    Talal said:
    Valley11 said:
    Worse....kit......ever 

Truly abysmal, coupled with the worst sponsor we've had. 
    I thought the away kit that season was worse. The home one weirdly grew on me but the away was and still is atrocious
    Both terrible. The away was an awful attempt to recreate the white Quasar/Viglen classic. 
  • The home kit of ours that I hate the most was the Allsports one from the Bart Williams era. It mostly looks fine in a picture but the white piping didn’t make sense, it just stopped mid-shirt. It didn’t hang right either.

• Our top 5 worst home shirts (in my opinion) 

1. Just a mess. 

2. Dreadful effort for centenary shirt with kiddy size sponsor. 

3. Upgrade on the centenary but must've taken all of 30 seconds to think up. 

4. Too much white, another Nike template design. 

5. Not exactly awful but it's just a polo shirt. No white trim. 

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I found an old CAFC programme lying around once. I think it was from around 89 or so. In his notes, Lennie Lawrence complained that our grey away kit was making it hard for the players to see each other! 
    Indeed, 88/89 season.  It was particularly bad under the exceedingly dreadful floodlights at the old den on 2 January.  The Charlton players on the far side of the pitch were almost invisible.  We lost.
  • cafcfan said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I found an old CAFC programme lying around once. I think it was from around 89 or so. In his notes, Lennie Lawrence complained that our grey away kit was making it hard for the players to see each other! 
    Indeed, 88/89 season.  It was particularly bad under the exceedingly dreadful floodlights at the old den on 2 January.  The Charlton players on the far side of the pitch were almost invisible.  We lost.
    Shocker!
  • @Talal I really like 3 and 5.!

I understand why 5 gets a bit of stick, it was a catalogue shirt (like the rest of those Nike ones) and the wrong shade of red, but the collar makes it classy. No.1 is an absolute pice of shit though. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    @Talal I really like 3 and 5.!

I understand why 5 gets a bit of stick, it was a catalogue shirt (like the rest of those Nike ones) and the wrong shade of red, but the collar makes it classy. No.1 is an absolute pice of shit though. 
    That's fair enough, expect everyone's list would be a bit different. 
  • Worst aways and thirds (I'm bored). Love the Quasar shirts, they'd be in my top 5!

1. Just hate that pair of kits. 

2. My eyes. 

3. Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye wore this. 

4. Sash is too palace. 

5. Didn't expect to include a Hummel shirt but this one just doesn't work. Looks like a training top. 

• Agree with all them! The black shirt is so depressing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

5. Didn't expect to include a Hummel shirt but this one just doesn't work. Looks like a training top. 

Woolwich shore front looking lovely in the background there, although the lack of discarded shopping trolleys is deceptive...
  • edited April 2020
    cafcfan said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Nice to see that Lennie was years ahead of Sir Alex in the "moaning at grey shirts" stake!
  • To be fair that Hummel shirt is basically a generic top, used as an emergency 3rd kit. Was it ever sold to the public?
  • To be fair that Hummel shirt is basically a generic top, used as an emergency 3rd kit. Was it ever sold to the public?
    I doubt it, was it even used?
  • Central Coast Mariners 2014/15

• Danepak said:
    Central Coast Mariners 2014/15

The bloke on the right has some flappers on him.
  • Danepak said:

Yep, Liam Reddy.

• Coventry Brown away kit 💩 
    Bottom left, name the totteringham player.
    Ian Moores

• Coventry Brown away kit 💩 
    Bottom left, name the totteringham player.
    Ian Moores
    Don McAlister.
  • Danepak said:
    Danepak said:

Yep, Liam Reddy.

James Milner mk11
  • Sponsored links:

• I think shirt 5 is my favourite. I wear my old kits a fair bit and that is the one I wear the most. 
  • I think shirt 5 is my favourite. I wear my old kits a fair bit and that is the one I wear the most. 
    I guess because it looks least like a football shirt and more casual wear? 
    Nike did manage to get the polo shirt right though, easily their best shirt imo...

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Agree with all them! The black shirt is so depressing. 
    I actually liked the design of the black shirt but it has some terrible associations. At least we didn't have to have that white sash shirt on our list of worst ever home kits like Katrien wanted

• Stade Francais Rugby 
    See the source image
    That pink one is ideal for my five year old daughter.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    @Talal I really like 3 and 5.!

5 is the worst imo. I don't like the collar. What's the point in a collar that won't stay upright for when you chip the goalie?
  • Danepak said:
    Danepak said:

Yep, Liam Reddy.

Airbrakes...
  • Danepak said:
    Danepak said:

Yep, Liam Reddy.

Airbrakes...
    James Milner with a face shaped like a brick.

• Coventry City’s brown kit - quite simply horrific
    That was our kit at alderwood  primary school in the late 70s early 80s 
  • Talal said:
    To be fair that Hummel shirt is basically a generic top, used as an emergency 3rd kit. Was it ever sold to the public?
    I doubt it, was it even used?
    Think it was worn at Peterborough