Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain Tom Moore (ed. RIP)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    His daughter is the worst of people.

Not a single penny of the money he raised went to the NHS, some of it went to NHS related charities, which isn't the same thing.

She exposed him to such a risk by flying him to the Caribbean, for her benefit, that you could conclude it was murder, manslaughter at best.

Absolutely vial human being.
    I am not saying you are wrong in your views regarding his daughter but until now there’s been no concrete evidence that she has done anything with bad intentions.
    I hate people being pilloried on the basis of some things that are perpetrated by the often vindictive and poisonous media.
    I will be the first to level criticism at her if she has definitely been found guilty of any shenanigans but I don’t believe she has AS YET been found guilty of being so.
    I would never have written anything like you have done at this juncture.

So you think he set up a fund raiser for "THE NHS" during a pandemic? 

Not a single penny went to THE NHS and thousands of people thought they were giving money to THE NHS, to buy PPE, ventilators, oxygen etc.  They weren't.

It's been a grift from day one and, unfortunately, poor Sir Tom was a victim as well.

Absolute shameless behaviour.  She gets everything she deserves.

Jesus Christ man…..untwist yer knickers. 🙄
    Why because some evil woman rinsed 10s of millions out of people that probably couldn't afford it on the back of her 100 year old dad and ended up killing him in the process? 

So she could have an extra office block on the side of her, already 7 bed room, house and a spa and swimming pool on the side?
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I have never read that a swimming pool was part of the planning application.
    I can perfectly understand why an office would have to be built.
    As for the spa, let’s see what the purpose was behind that before jumping to conclusions.
    Why exactly did they need offices built, using the foundations money, next two their grade 2 listed 7 bedroom house?  It was built on the tennis courts, no less.

The purpose of the spa,  as per the planning application was for use by the occupier, what other evidence do you want before you will jump to a conclusion?
  • Options
    The whole thing is just bizarre and a sad way for the guy to be remembered, through what I assume was no fault of his own 
  • Options
    I used to look after a large accountancy firm and dealt a lot with one of their senior directors who lived in the same village. He told me at the time that Sir Tom was doing his fundraising that there was a lot of unease locally with the daughter and the PR “machine” that she put in place around her father. She was definitely seen as a grifter. Sad that she seems to have tarnished what should have been an amazing legacy of her own father. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I found the whole Tom Moore story bizarre from start to finish and what has come to fruition with his daughter doesn't surprise me. 
    I will continue to say knighthoods should be done away with and belong in the days of Richard the Lionheart, not in the 21st century. 
    I agree with that. A knight should be there to defend the country from invaders rather than molest children as in the case of Jimmy Savile.

Sir Tom should have been recognized for his war service, not walking up and down his garden. I suppose people needed something at the time but I had that feeling his daughter was a wrong un quite early on.

He was in a high risk group and shouldn't have gone on a long haul holiday. It wasn't murder but it was a bit reckless. 
  • Options
    I think some people need to look up the word "murder" and try to understand what it actually means.
  • Options
    Anyone who builds a reputation like that of Captain Tom need to realise that they will come under intense scrutiny. We believed that this had been a selfless act.

His daughter has tarnished her father's name. It now feels like she orcastrated the whole scenario. Whilst I agree it wasn't murder to ask her father to travel to the Caribbean, it wouldn't be a journey that I would be comfortable taking a 100 Year old man on especially during the Pandemic. 

It feels really sad that a story that gave us hope in lockdown now feels like it was a cynical exercise.
  • Options
    Having a four week break in the Caribbean paid for by the Daily Mail was too good for his daughter, her husband and the kids to turn down. 
    Tom was used as the poster boy and boy did that bandwagon go viral. Brilliant that mega money was raised but the manipulation was plain to see and I guess there's worse ways to die than being 100 after a month in a sunny climate in good accommodation. 

BUT Tom remit as a role model for the seniors, went from being in a family bubble to being exposed to the world on flights and strangers meeting him on holiday.
    I have lived by the king is in the altogether so maybe I will always see life a tad different.

So obviously not the example the rest of us did with our elderly parents when they were isolated in their own home with just one family member to assist them. Having the grandkids standing by the front door while they were in the kitchen 20 yards away.
    That was so many people's situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Anyone who builds a reputation like that of Captain Tom need to realise that they will come under intense scrutiny. We believed that this had been a selfless act.

His daughter has tarnished her father's name. It now feels like she orcastrated the whole scenario. Whilst I agree it wasn't murder to ask her father to travel to the Caribbean, it wouldn't be a journey that I would be comfortable taking a 100 Year old man on especially during the Pandemic. 

It feels really sad that a story that gave us hope in lockdown now feels like it was a cynical exercise.
    Not a family member but personally I'd seperate the two sides here. Captain Tom was a heartwarming story that gave us all a bit of a lift during the pandemic, and he deserves the recognition he got (as did the other guy mentioned above who got a lot less). I don't know, but I doubt that Captain Tom expected the money he raised to go anywhere other than the NHS.
    His daughter however, seems to have the same outlook as Michelle Mone, that money floating about during the pandemic was hers for the taking, and if she shoved a bit out for NHS charities, they should be grateful, and shut up. For me, she tarnished her dad's reputation, and it would be nice if the money she seems to want channelled to herself could be removed legally.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Because she did.