Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Well Premier League games wont be held at neutral venues
  • Danny Rose really dislikes playing football, but I have to agree with him this time.

Time and money should be used to look at how we can return when it’s safe with all 92 League Clubs still able to run, not when it’s okay to get the prem up and running infront is zero fans. 

Even the Bin Dippers want it back only when it’s 100% safe for all to do so.
  • Croydon said:
    Seems a number of players within the Premier League are now coming out saying that they're not happy to return to training on Monday with all this going on

Was really hoping that this would happen

Not once have the organisers thought about those involved in getting Sport restarted, they just see the club as a product and nothing else
    Danny Rose saying he doesn't give a fck about the country's morale, and I have to agree with his sentiment. These are people at the end of the day, not just to be used solely for our entertainment. 
    The thing is i agree with him.
    But just keep it to yourself and tell the club you wont be in.
    His come out and said what he said.
    What about at the start of all this the nurses and doctors said they were not putting their lives atvrisk for the country.
  • Don't underestimate our vulnerability to being subjected to an extremely unjust and unfair relegation.
    Clubs like us have no means of fighting back via legal action, and that will factor largely into how they deal with this situation. The weak like us will end up getting shafted.
  • Have I missed an Premier League announcement about how they intend to handle out of contract players? 
  • Love how Scotland have voted against an investigation into the voting that ending their season

I mean who wouldnt want clarity on what happened and how legit everything was
  • I think there are two Danny Roses in football and every time a commentator says their name I shout 'Broadway'.
  • going to be interesting to see how the transfer market plays out. First off, someone like Lyle Taylor won't be getting the sort of offers he was hoping to get. Secondly, to survive Clubs like ourselves will sell players like Alfie Doughty to say Everton for 250k just because we need the money to pay other wages. Football below the PL could take a decade to recover.
  • clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Seems a number of players within the Premier League are now coming out saying that they're not happy to return to training on Monday with all this going on

Not once have the organisers thought about those involved in getting Sport restarted, they just see the club as a product and nothing else
    Danny Rose saying he doesn't give a fck about the country's morale, and I have to agree with his sentiment. These are people at the end of the day, not just to be used solely for our entertainment. 
    What about at the start of all this the nurses and doctors said they were not putting their lives atvrisk for the country.
    Not sure if I am being whooshed but how can you compare nurses going to work, at risk to themselves in order to save lives and a footballer not wanting to play just to entertain people ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand Danny Rose's pov, but at the same time he's very happy to keep getting his salary while not working. And footballers are hardly being put in the same situation as say supermarket staff or bus drivers

Maybe PL players don't want to play in June or whatever should be allowed to opt out BUT also to not take their full salary.
  • The abandoned 1939–40 season would have been the 48th season of The Football League. The kick-off in all divisions took place on Saturday 26 August 1939.[1] On Friday 1 September 1939, Germany invaded Poland. On Saturday 2 September 1939, all divisions of the Football League played their third game of the season.[1] These would be the last fixtures before abandonment following the British declaration of war on Germany on Sunday 3 September 1939. Large gatherings of crowds were suspended with the implementation of the Emergency Powers (Defence) Act 1939.

Blackpool were leading the First Division when the season was abandoned.[

• Love how Scotland have voted against an investigation into the voting that ending their season

I mean who wouldnt want clarity on what happened and how legit everything was
    It’s absolutely ridiculous. 
  • T_C_E said:
    Have the players been told it’s finished?

Griffin Park is finished. Brentford moving to a new ground.
    Shame, I liked that ground.  Old school.
  • ross1 said:
    This is crazy, it can’t be justified. 
  • edited May 2020
    This would laughable if it wasn't trivialising a virus that can kill people indiscriminately.
  • Just read the Premier League training protocols. No tackling and disinfect the balls corner flags and pitches.
    That must make all non contact.  Training's going to really boring then.
  • going to be interesting to see how the transfer market plays out. First off, someone like Lyle Taylor won't be getting the sort of offers he was hoping to get. Secondly, to survive Clubs like ourselves will sell players like Alfie Doughty to say Everton for 250k just because we need the money to pay other wages. Football below the PL could take a decade to recover.
    Transfer fees were getting crazy anyway but the Neymar to PSG deal sent things way out of control. Dembele one good season at Dortmund. 100m. Joao Felix one good season at Benfica. 115m. Nicolas Pepe, couple of good seasons for Lille. 70m. No doubt decent players, but they shouldn't be worth that sort of money.

I'm not sure how much it will affect the top level clubs but it'd be good if transfers could go back 10 years. In 2009 80m got you Ronaldo. 10 years later it got you Harry Maguire.

Damien Commolli (the ex Spurs guy) was on Sky the other day saying he expects many clubs will now look to do more loans and swap deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• If any confirmation was needed to show just how poorly and stupidly football Is run then this is it in all it’s glory.
  • Lee Bowyer was just talking about this on Five Live Sport.
  • I understand Danny Rose's pov, but at the same time he's very happy to keep getting his salary while not working. And footballers are hardly being put in the same situation as say supermarket staff or bus drivers

Maybe PL players don't want to play in June or whatever should be allowed to opt out BUT also to not take their full salary.

The point is being missed here. Its got absolutely nothing to do with salary or what a footballer is being paid.

This virus doesn't care much for how much money you have in the bank.
  • cafctom said:
    I understand Danny Rose's pov, but at the same time he's very happy to keep getting his salary while not working. And footballers are hardly being put in the same situation as say supermarket staff or bus drivers

The point is being missed here. Its got absolutely nothing to do with salary or what a footballer is being paid.

This virus doesn't care much for how much money you have in the bank.
    If he can't/doesn't want to do his job (which I can understand), then logically he should be furloughed, £2500 a month. That seems a reasonable choice

• I'm amazed that Brentford have 29 players under contract past June and only 1 out of contract then

But then their model is different with no academy, so I assume the large number of young (adult) players they signed are being counted
    They run a full 'B' team of young players who play friendlies against European teams, non league teams etc, rather than running an academy, if I remember rightly - so they'd effectively double the 'senior' contracted players than most.
  • I'm amazed that Brentford have 29 players under contract past June and only 1 out of contract then

But then their model is different with no academy, so I assume the large number of young (adult) players they signed are being counted
    They run a full 'B' team of young players who play friendlies against European teams, non league teams etc, rather than running an academy, if I remember rightly - so they'd effectively double the 'senior' contracted players than most.
    Even stranger that pretty much every one is in contract beyond June 30th then?
  • MrOneLung said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:

Not sure if I am being whooshed but how can you compare nurses going to work, at risk to themselves in order to save lives and a footballer not wanting to play just to entertain people ?
    His being asked to go back to work , when i think its still unsafe to do so.
    The premier league want football to start again because i think its about money.
    If the tv companies said tomorrow they dont want their money back i doubt there would be the big rush to finish the season , it might even be cancelled.
    We was told nothing would change until we hit  the 5 point plan, its not been hit and millions are being told they should go back to work.
    I might be going back to work monday its a worry with the way things are at the moment.
    I then say to myself wtf are you worrying about these doctors and nurses are putting their lives on the line.
  • Scandalous silence from the Premier League, Sky, BT Sport and others about contributing to the pyramid of football that allows them to exist.