Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• clb74 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Seems a number of players within the Premier League are now coming out saying that they're not happy to return to training on Monday with all this going on

Was really hoping that this would happen

Not once have the organisers thought about those involved in getting Sport restarted, they just see the club as a product and nothing else
    Danny Rose saying he doesn't give a fck about the country's morale, and I have to agree with his sentiment. These are people at the end of the day, not just to be used solely for our entertainment. 
    The thing is i agree with him.
    But just keep it to yourself and tell the club you wont be in.
    His come out and said what he said.
    What about at the start of all this the nurses and doctors said they were not putting their lives atvrisk for the country.
    Not sure if I am being whooshed but how can you compare nurses going to work, at risk to themselves in order to save lives and a footballer not wanting to play just to entertain people ?
    His being asked to go back to work , when i think its still unsafe to do so.
    The premier league want football to start again because i think its about money.
    If the tv companies said tomorrow they dont want their money back i doubt there would be the big rush to finish the season , it might even be cancelled.
    We was told nothing would change until we hit  the 5 point plan, its not been hit and millions are being told they should go back to work.
    I might be going back to work monday its a worry with the way things are at the moment.
    I then say to myself wtf are you worrying about these doctors and nurses are putting their lives on the line.
    I think we are probably on similar wavelength. 
    Doctors and nurses don’t have a choice and are bloody heroes. 
    You yourself probably have to work to live as I seem to recall you are self employed!

A footballer being asked to put himself and others at risk to play a frivolous game of football is not acceptable at this time. 
  • Just realised that Pearce might not be able to train atm. Not allowed to take public transport or allowed to cadge a lift from a team mate. He''ll just have to walk from chislehurst to Avery Hill every day then       
  • edited May 2020
    I’m still waiting for the “footballers fund” that was banded around a few weeks back.

i know Aon as a company have gone anyone on 50k plus is taking a 20% pay cut to help business - why can’t footballers do it? 

Used to detest the guy but Simon jordan is time and time again on the money. 

• BT’s Bundesliga schedule for Saturday confirmed:

There’s also Frankfurt v Borussia Monchengladbach at 17:30 on BT Sports 1
  • se9addick said:
    BT’s Bundesliga schedule for Saturday confirmed:

I wonder if this means the end of the suspension of the payment for BT Sport which the company is currently giving?

I'll have a guess at yes!
  • se9addick said:

I wonder if this means the end of the suspension of the payment for BT Sport which the company is currently giving?

I'll have a guess at yes!
    I would think so, I’m not currently a BT subscriber but will subscribe on Saturday morning to watch the footy (I don’t want to sign up before then as I think there’s a decent chance that the games might still get postponed if more players test positive for Coronavirus between now and then). 
  • It'll be interesting what sort of following German football gets, as the only major league running, indeed the only major SPORT running, seeing that all other sports are grounded too
  • Behind closed doors football will be a novelty after a couple of weeks people will lose interest can’t remember the qualifier England played but it was so boring to watch with no crowds. 

I see the prem advice is no tackling in training few of ours should be alright then ;)
  • Behind closed doors football will be a novelty after a couple of weeks people will lose interest can’t remember the qualifier England played but it was so boring to watch with no crowds. 

I see the prem advice is no tackling in training few of ours should be alright then ;)
    The piped crowd noise during the Korean match on Friday was better than nothing but it’s not the same thing. That being said I still think interest in top class football will be high regardless of whether there are supporters there whilst there is nothing else to do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• i think intial say 4-6 weeks and the close of the current season will get viewers but it may dwindle for the start of the 20/21 season. 
  • Dortmund v Schalke is usually one of the best games of the Bundesliga season, big derby game.

Will be very strange with no fans.
  • Dortmund v Schalke is usually one of the best games of the Bundesliga season, big derby game.

Will be very strange with no fans.
    How they going to control what happens outside the stadium with this one, the initial thought was to move it towards the end of the season, first real test
  • when football does resume they should scrap club coaches from transporting teams as the bigger clubs fans will attempt to be outside etc. 
  • I’m still waiting for the “footballers fund” that was banded around a few weeks back.

i know Aon as a company have gone anyone on 50k plus is taking a 20% pay cut to help business - why can’t footballers do it? 

Simon Jordan is a lesson in life for us all: Do not judge someone too soon, particularly someone who you've never met.
  • I’m still waiting for the “footballers fund” that was banded around a few weeks back.

Simon Jordan is a lesson in life for us all: Do not judge someone too soon, particularly someone who you've never met.
    A twunt can change his spots just as good guy can turn in to a twunt 
    doesn’t mean he wasn’t a twunt before or may become a twunt again in the future but for now he’s been nailing most things with his views at least he’s not a scum fan 

Really? But he was a 24 carat **** back in the day, so people judged him as one.

Maybe the lesson is more that people can change over time. Him and us.
  • cafctom said:
    I understand Danny Rose's pov, but at the same time he's very happy to keep getting his salary while not working. And footballers are hardly being put in the same situation as say supermarket staff or bus drivers

Maybe PL players don't want to play in June or whatever should be allowed to opt out BUT also to not take their full salary.

The point is being missed here. Its got absolutely nothing to do with salary or what a footballer is being paid.

This virus doesn't care much for how much money you have in the bank.
    You would think so, but it does seem to be disproportionately killing those with less money in the bank! 
  • It'll be interesting what sort of following German football gets, as the only major league running, indeed the only major SPORT running, seeing that all other sports are grounded too
    What do you mean, the Faroese league started again last week
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly off topic but some relevance, a friend of mine works on HS2 at Euston and returned to work about 3/4 weeks ago. Yesterday the whole site was shut down again due to someone on site testing positive for Covid 19. They plan to open the site again some time next week providing any worker returning has been tested, a negative result given and proof of this provided. The sites operates with social distancing procedures in place.

Now on to football where you cannot maintain social distancing while playing football no matter how hard you try its impossible, especially when tackling or marking an opponent from a throw on, corner, free kick etc. To think the season can resume at this point in time with the infection rate still high is ridiculous, it will only take one person to test positive and the whole thing will grind to a stop, as everyone that has come into contact with said person/player will have to go through the testing regime again. The negative press theFA/Prem league will receive will damage them for a lot longer than by just voiding the season and starting fresh later in the year when safe to do so.  
  • smiffyboy said:
    Slightly off topic but some relevance, a friend of mine works on HS2 at Euston and returned to work about 3/4 weeks ago. Yesterday the whole site was shut down again due to someone on site testing positive for Covid 19. They plan to open the site again some time next week providing any worker returning has been tested, a negative result given and proof of this provided. The sites operates with social distancing procedures in place.

Now on to football where you cannot maintain social distancing while playing football no matter how hard you try its impossible, especially when tackling or marking an opponent from a throw on, corner, free kick etc. To think the season can resume at this point in time with the infection rate still high is ridiculous, it will only take one person to test positive and the whole thing will grind to a stop, as everyone that has come into contact with said person/player will have to go through the testing regime again. The negative press theFA/Prem league will receive will damage them for a lot longer than by just voiding the season and starting fresh later in the year when safe to do so.  
    Just shows you how innovative Bows and the boys were, our back four and midfield had obviously been using the latest Covid-19 distancing formation since January!
  • If games are played without crowds, will the home team be allowed to play a recording of 'You're not singing any more' if they go 1-0 up? 
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/13/norwich-want-championship-promotion-scrapped-if-season-does-not-finish

The English Football League is holding a board meeting on Wednesday and discussions among clubs will continue this week. Those in League One in League Two are resigned to their season not being completed.

The league’s preferred contingency for the Championship if the season cannot be completed would be to promote Leeds and West Brom and to play the play-offs as per current positions.

• https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/13/norwich-want-championship-promotion-scrapped-if-season-does-not-finish

The English Football League is holding a board meeting on Wednesday and discussions among clubs will continue this week. Those in League One in League Two are resigned to their season not being completed.

The league’s preferred contingency for the Championship if the season cannot be completed would be to promote Leeds and West Brom and to play the play-offs as per current positions.

If that means Charlton don’t get relegated then it gets my vote! 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52645339

Norwich saying that teams shouldn't be relegated from the PL if the Championship doesn't play to a finish...
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52645339

Norwich saying that teams shouldn't be relegated from the PL if the Championship doesn't play to a finish...
    I get their point

If Premier League clubs have to complete their season (which involved the risk of relegation) then Championship clubs should do the same which involves the risk of missing out on promotion
  • se9addick said:

You would have thought they may have tried to space the games out a bit more to get a few more viewers

Friday-19.30
    Saturday-12.30
    Saturday-14.30
    Saturday-17.30
    Saturday-19.30
    Sunday-12.30
    Sunday-14.30
    Sunday-17.30
    Monday-19.30

Spread opening weekend out and get as many views as possible, instead they have 5 games at the same time on Saturday, most people will watch BT Sport 1 or 2 on Saturday for those 2 games because lets face it Dortmund v Schalke is a better prospect than Fortuna Dusseldorf v Paderborn, but if the games were at separate times after being without football for so long you would get alot more people tuning into Dusseldorf v Paderborn 
  • German Football isnt like that though so far as Im aware

i.e. They've had protests from fans over Monday Night Football of late as dont agree with having games set that way