Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Retirement Yann

Comments

• Options
    Also pretty cool he got to start and finish with his hometown club.
  • Options
    Me French is a bit rusty (ooer missus)
    J’taime Yann!!

He certainly gave his all for the club, and I for one would love for him to come back some day, even if to come on the pitch at half time: play in a charity match, unreal on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Absolute class act. Happy retirement mon ami 
  • Options
    Surprised its only just been announced

Enjoy your rest from Football Yann

Not just a legend here @ Charlton thats for sure, shows his qualities when he's loved at a few clubs here in England
  • Options
    Tu as vraiment formidable Yann. Bonne retraite! 

• Options
    Wonderful player, enjoy your retirement Yann (unless AFC Charlton ask you to pull your boots on again!). 
  • Options
    Brilliant for us. Fantastic attitude, great technique and some great goals. Just wish he could have stayed and seen out his career with us.
  • Options
    An absolute privilege to see him play like he did for us. One of my favourite ever Charlton players. Happy retirement, Yann - but please come back if I need a free kick scoring to save my life...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was our Cantona and his place is cemented in our history forever. 
  • Options
    Legend. Enjoy your retirement Yann. 
  • Options
    Probably my favourite player of all time. 

<3 Yann, the French husband I never had, forever in my heart. 
  • Options

The man always gave his all and oozed class in everything he did. 

Was a top professional and a class act. 

This image says it all for me.   A class act who stood and fought for his manager, team mates and fans. 

He must have been a right nightmare for defenders.  A bit like trying to outmuscle a bison. 
  • Options
    My favourite Charlton player ever! Absolute top man and legend. Bon chance Yann!
  • Options
    My favourite player ever.

I love that man. 
  • Options
    Always a pleasure to watch, one of our class players. Whilst he was always good in the air when he played at the Valley for Bournemouth it made me realise how good he was playing the ball on the deck, which was how Bournemouth played. One of the worst early decisions of the Duchatelet regime to let him go.
  • Options
    A great player for us.I never saw a game where he gave less than his best.Popular with his team mates and fans alike,a player that we see in Lyle Taylor but Yann had a greater physical presence.Hope you have a long,healthy and happy retirement,Yann and thank you for everything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Scoham said:
    One of the best players we've had since the Prem years. Didn't get to see enough of him in a Charlton shirt.

So rare for us to have a player that combined quality on the ball with the physical side of the game.

There aren't many Charlton players who if our fans were asked to describe you'd see words like flair and class alongside warrior and beast.

Yeah he was a little bit special in that regard - and it’s why it was so obvious he was going to be very hard to replace and should never have been sold without a fight.

Taylor is in a similar mould, not all the same strengths as Yann, but can play and likes to rough up opponents as well. Losing him will be hard to take too. 
  • Options
    Good luck for the future Yann.
    You were like a gladiator for us.

I can only think of one Charlton player who might compare with his heading ability.
    Going back an awful long time to  Matt Tees.

• Options
    Happy memories. Thanks Yann 
  • Options
    32 in 82 starts for us is pretty handy, 27 in 45 starts for Bournemouth after leaving us was sensational. Possibly the single biggest error of the RD era letting him go
    Surpassed by whom he sold to, I would say.

Yann was utterly gifted ; sometimes I felt we used him as too much of a battering work horse, but he dragged us through some games through sheer excellence, graft and will to win.  His partnership with Ricardo Fuller was briefly unplayable- shame we didn’t have both for longer . I’ve been going since 92/93- he’d be up there in my top 5 favourite strikers, with Clive, Hunt, D Bent and Lyle.
  • Options
    My favourite player by far. 

Meire and Duchatelet made many mistakes, but letting Yann go was the worst.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Great player and signing for us by SCP and a smashing fella. Gave us so much whether his goals, hold up play, defensive contribution in the air or free kicks around the box.

Highlights that spring immediately to mind from his substitute debut at MK Franchise where he was instrumental in grabbing us a second half point, the away winner at Oldham for our 9 men v their 10 plus Trevor Kettle, to the wonder goal from an impossible angle against Hartlepool end of season at home. Not forgetting of course the chat on the train back after Brentford away in his flip flops.

Top man was Yann, thanks for the wonderful memories and all the best in a long healthy and happy retirement 👏👍.
  • Options
    Just caught up with the clip of his goals! Wow, what a striker! He is my favourite player by far, a gentleman off the pitch and on. 
    My favourite photo of him, after that amazing game, was him in head bandages like Mr Bump! It personified his true grit, attitude and love of the club. 
    Enjoy the next stage of your life, Yann, and know there will always be a special place for you in the hearts of Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Loved at Bournemouth as much as he was here
    Some more great goals in there.