Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Retirement Yann

Comments

• Options
    Look after your body carefully in retirement Yann. You put it on the line and through the mill every time your wore a football shirt and are rightly adored for it. Thank you for giving us the pleasure of your goals, work rate and attitude. First class and if we could ever again afford a striker coach to teach the up and coming how to become an all round top player, we should look no further.

Still miss you! Bonnet de Douche 😉
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Loved at Bournemouth as much as he was here
    Some more great goals in there.
    Almost as many different pronunciations of Kermorgant as there are goals
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Extraordinary player - have never seen a player quite like him for or against. Someone who would win EVERY header, yet have such a good first touch and finishing ability (free kicks included!)

Best target man I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt.

Remember a couple on here in the past tried to suggest that he isn't worthy of 'legend' status. Not having that. He was the best player in an exceptional, record-breaking side. 

100% a Charlton legend. 
    says it all for me......the worst decision of the Roland era to let him go (even worse than sacking CP)
  • Options
    To come back like he did after the way he was treated at Leicester just epitomises what great character he had to add to his great talent.
  • Options
    The best header of a ball I've seen at Charlton and took a mean free-kick. He also seemed a very modest guy and would give his all.

My favourite Charlton player along with CP.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The quality and variety of his goals from the Charlton, Bourney and Reading vids is staggering. Considering he did this between the ages of 29-36 was it? Ridiculous. Most strikers have a trademark type goal you'd associate them with - Yann did it all.

You wont see many compilation vids with goals of a comparable standard from the top, top well respected strikers and that's no exaggeration. Loved this bloke and it genuinely hurt when he left
    Agreed.  And another goal - for Charlton away at Bournemouth, first game of season.  While running, stretched backwards to volley the cross: both feet off ground.  Stunning talent.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way that Bournemouth used him - playing deeper, balls in to feet creating for the strikers ahead of him - was genius. Would love to see peak Yann play this way for us under Bow with Taylor.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I don't do Twitter or Facebook but my son said there was a poll going as to who was rated better Yann or Lyle. Have a lot of man love for both of them but no contest for me I'm afraid, sorry Lyle.
  • Options
    Great player, scored some marvellous goals, why on earth didn't we keep him for the rest of his career?
    Sure that he would have been happy to stay here. Start and possibly worst of Roland's many mistakes!
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant has retired from football 

Having watched both the CAFC vid and the Bournemouth vid, he has to be one of the best headers of the ball and one of the best free kick takers I have ever seen. 

Sadly, it also reminded me of better times at Charlton, where I would be desperate for matchday to come around. 

I would do anything to go back and watch a game with him in our starting XI again. 
  • Options
    Didn’t the club almost resign him on a loan deal for it for fall apart at the last minute?
  • Options
    As a forward in terms of style, class, technique as a footballer and as a man for endeavour, leadership and warrior skills ranks alongside Firmani.

Thank you so much for the memories. 

• Options
    A Tsar among men
  • Options
    Apparently he didn’t train well but just showed up on the pitch most games. Great player 
  • Options
    Such a good player. 

Still baffled why Roland and co didn't give him a big fat pay rise. He'd earned it big time and everyone except them could see he was irreplaceable. 

Also find it weird Eddie Howe didn't give him more game time in the prem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a good player. 

Still baffled why Roland and co didn't give him a big fat pay rise. He'd earned it big time and everyone except them could see he was irreplaceable. 

Because Roland and Co were clueless wankers?
  • Options
    It's very rare you find a player with such all round ability. Yann was THE complete player. One of my favourites of all time. Talisman of a fantastic record breaking team and an absolute legend. What a terrible mistake it was letting him go. Almost brings tears to my eyes...
  • Options
    Legend and just class what a team we had that year we went up so long long time ago⚽️
  • Options
    A special player with the priceless ability to both successfully accomplish the unexpected and inspire his teamates to better things.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Such a good player. 

Because Roland and Co were clueless wankers?
    There were people on here who called out Yann at the time for being greedy, when the reality was he had properly earned a pay rise. 

What perplexed me is why none of Roland's crew could see that Yann would have made them plenty of money and that Charlton could not afford to replace someone as good as him. Indeed, there has not been anyone as good as him at the club since he left. 

They blindly followed the model of buy them young and sell them on. Yann didn't fit, but anyone with half a brain cell could see he was huge value for money and that is why I'm still baffled they let him go. Surely someone within the Roland regime must have been able to see it and said to him or Meire or that funny bloke who plays fifa soccer all day that it was suicide to get rid of Yann?? 

• Options
    Yann Kermorgant has retired from football 

Some absolutely wonderful memories on that video.  Thanks for posting Paul.
  • Options
    If we get his like again, we will be doubly blessed.
  • Options
    Considering he never got a chance in the Prem and they've since signed some really decent players it's great to see that Bournemouth fans love him as much as we do