Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Housing Developments in Kent

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    More craziness,  Medway & Maidstone will soon be completely joined up into one massive conurbation. Have you seen this @Carter?

Kent is the 6th most densely populated county in the country.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/garden-village-what-garden-village-238017/?fbclid=IwAR2AxIxm7j8ryco0biGiYqQ9V6YTVItpjXWmGr4swQxACuHrKINd13EsU0Y

• Options
    Nope, no consultation seen for that. I know the people who own that land are desperate to cash in on it though. 

That will really destroy a lovely area and massively piss me off 
  • Options
    Me too, having lived in that area myself. 

Is this land owned by the Atw.....s?
  • Options
    Yes, they are not all horrible just the ones who don't live anywhere near who are causing this problem 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Yes, they are not all horrible just the ones who don't live anywhere near who are causing this prob

I worked with KA's wife many years ago.
  • Options
    Currently living with my missus parents in Hempstead and they havent heard about this. Its an absolute joke if it happens
  • Options
    Currently living with my missus parents in Hempstead and they havent heard about this. Its an absolute joke if it happens
    First I heard was on this thread, I've since seen the planning application and have lodged my objection. I moved to where I live now for the greenery and open space. I nearly ended up moving to Hempstead recently. Those roads that link Lordswood, Hempstead and Bredhurst are not planned to be widened (not that they can be) or any other road infrastructure is included in the consultation documents. This is a fucking 2000 dwelling development in the middle of somewhere that is already pretty inaccessible 
  • Options
    It is sheer madness. The problem is that as it is in the north of the borough of Maidstone, they won't be worried, because it will be Medway's problem. 

I've lived in both Lordswood & Hempstead and the roads most definitely won't cope. 

Soon there wont be any green spaces left and only huge housing estates. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the ones around Ashford have been numbered using the Vorderman/Riley method. 
    The streets go like 2-10 - 5 -7 - 25 - 50
  • Options
    I'm delivering some of those leaflets tomorrow