Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Refunds on any flights you had

Comments

• We booked to fly with United to San Fran via travel up in June 3rd. I hope that the flight is cancelled otherwise we are in the do do. If it’s cancelled there’s a chance we might get some of it back or a voucher 
  • I had a holiday booked through BA. The moment the cancellation was confirmed via email, there was another email almost immediately confirming that the refund would be in my account within 7-10 working days.
    5 days later, it was in my account.
  • Emirates only paid a colleague 80%
    i can’t see how this is legal if they aren’t flying.
  • Hopefully BA get through this because, based on this thread, they have behaved better than anyone else. 
  • We want to rearrange (not cancel) our Florida trip from Sept this year to same time next year. No way of contacting Virgin Holidays by phone, email or web. Vague response on Twitter that if we pay off when due (in a month) - they *may* be able to rearrange. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Any luck with Ryanair anyone?
    Nope!

I requested a refund, got told it was being processed and then a month later received a voucher. Then requested a refund again, and got sent another voucher email. Utterly useless. And their online chat service (that I was directed to) isn't even manned... I was 'waiting' online for an available agent for over 36 hours (genuinely) which must be some kind of record.

I eventually got a response on Twitter (but only when i tagged in Martin Lewis!) and was asked to DM my details to request a refund (for the third time), and was told my refund will be processed 'when the Coronavirus situation is over'...!

So I'm now going through my credit card provider to claim the money back, having worked in the credit card industry I'd definitely recommend requesting this via 'Chargeback' first, before going via Section 75.
  • ChiAddick said:
    Anyone had any luck getting refunds via booking.com on bookings that didn't have free cancellation?
    We contacted the villa direct and they wanted to offer us the opportunity to re-book. We contacted booking.com who contacted the villa to request a refund but no response. I have chased, but still no response. We aren't adverse to going to the same place, hopefully next year, but would far prefer a refund for now as, along with the many unknowns, I have no idea when I'll be able to take leave as we have minimum manning levels and everyone will have leave they're going to want to take 
    I've just raised a case via Resolver (which is in association with MoneySaving Expert)
    Unfortunately the villa are insisting the policy of our booking does not allow cancellation, they will let you change the dates of your stay. We don't want to re-book at this stage and we aren't cancelling as such, but cannot travel due to flights being cancelled and the policies of the UK and Spanish governments. I have re-iterated this. If this doesn't work I will try the credit card charge-back option. And it this doesn't work will consider travel insurance or just try and re-book some time inthe future and hope they don't go out of business

• Easyjet told me I have to apply for my refund. Filled out a small form and been told I have to wait up to 28days for a reply.

• Has anyone any idea on this scenario at all...meant to be 6 of us work colleagues (who can’t do the 2mtr distancing due to the nature of our job)...going to Benidorm at the end of June,now obviously we would not or won’t be going anywhere near the place if not safe to do so,but it possibly could all be open by then...,anyway flights are with Ryanair going out & Vuelling coming back,if the flights are still able to go to Spain then the problem we have is the 14 day SI when we return...so question is...would we be able to say no to flying cause of that quarantine reason & claim our moneys back...thanks
  • Has anyone any idea on this scenario at all...meant to be 6 of us work colleagues (who can’t do the 2mtr distancing due to the nature of our job)...going to Benidorm at the end of June,now obviously we would not or won’t be going anywhere near the place if not safe to do so,but it possibly could all be open by then...,anyway flights are with Ryanair going out & Vuelling coming back,if the flights are still able to go to Spain then the problem we have is the 14 day SI when we return...so question is...would we be able to say no to flying cause of that quarantine reason & claim our moneys back...thanks
    I think unfortunately if the flights are going, and you choose not to go on them, then you lose your money. However, I think its highly unlikely they will be going, and on the basis that they will be cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund. 

You may find yourself in a situation where the outbound flights are cancelled and you are entitled to a refund on those, but the inbound flights on a different airline (and I assume, therefore, not booked as part of a package) do take place. The fact that you cant get out there in the first place to get the inbound flight is bad luck.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• holyjo said:
    We booked to fly with United to San Fran via travel up in June 3rd. I hope that the flight is cancelled otherwise we are in the do do. If it’s cancelled there’s a chance we might get some of it back or a voucher 
    If your flight is cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund. The challenge is the amount of time you may have to wait. TravelUp are acting as an agent - they will have passed your money onto the airline on the basis that the ticket has been issued. They cannot refund you until the airline refunds them, and airlines don't have the cash to refund everyone (hence the voucher offers)...

• I had four seats booked to Rome and return in March which were cancelled. I called BA and they said they would refund them to me. They said they would refund the payments to Paypal as I had paid through them. In about five days some of the money had been returned and then some days later a few more refund payments were made but no more. This still left well over half still owed. I contacted BA and they said it was a Paypal issue as they had refunded the money to Paypal and it was their fault and to contact them. BA couldn't produce any proof to back this up. Paypal are just saying they never received the money and BA are saying they made it. This back and forth have been going on over a month now with neither side being very helpful. I have made a complaint to BA to see if it can be sorted. 
  • In view of the trouble I have had with PayPal, and the positive responses on here from BA, I know where I would consider the issue lies
  • Wife had two return flights booked to Copenhagen with easyJet, in March and May. She applied for refunds for both. From the first flight only the outward journey has been refunded. Nothing yet from the second flight. 
  • I applied for a refund/vouchers from BA, and the denied the booking reference was correct. I then sent them the email they sent me originally, with the booking reference. That was three weeks ago. Have heard nothing since. 
  • Had flights and hotel booked with T.U.I for next week travelling to my daughters wedding on Crete.
    Waiting for credits and maybe re-booked for next year.
    Many folk were going to the wedding and big reception was planned, all cancelled. 

• ROTW said:
    In view of the trouble I have had with PayPal, and the positive responses on here from BA, I know where I would consider the issue lies
    Initially BA were very helpful and I have tried to be very understanding but with Paypal refusing to say that they had received the money and without proof from BA that they sent it, I can only contact BA and ask for proof of payment. Its frustrating as neither of them want to be very helpful and I am £465 down. 

• stonemuse said:
    We had return BA flights for Singapore in June, fully refunded very quickly. 

Waiting on situation for SingAir flights, also in June, to Bali, but they are currently only refunding up to 31 May ... will check again this week, but I don’t expect a problem. 
    SingAir not a problem, refund within 5 days apparently. 
  • ChiAddick said:
    Anyone had any luck getting refunds via booking.com on bookings that didn't have free cancellation?
    We contacted the villa direct and they wanted to offer us the opportunity to re-book. We contacted booking.com who contacted the villa to request a refund but no response. I have chased, but still no response. We aren't adverse to going to the same place, hopefully next year, but would far prefer a refund for now as, along with the many unknowns, I have no idea when I'll be able to take leave as we have minimum manning levels and everyone will have leave they're going to want to take 
    I've just raised a case via Resolver (which is in association with MoneySaving Expert)
    Unfortunately the villa are insisting the policy of our booking does not allow cancellation, they will let you change the dates of your stay. We don't want to re-book at this stage and we aren't cancelling as such, but cannot travel due to flights being cancelled and the policies of the UK and Spanish governments. I have re-iterated this. If this doesn't work I will try the credit card charge-back option. And it this doesn't work will consider travel insurance or just try and re-book some time inthe future and hope they don't go out of business

Anyone got any advice re 'cancellation'? Villa booking through booking.com but the villa are saying we are cancelling and refute my claim we aren't cancelling such as cannot go due to the Spanish and UK governments policies and our flights being cancelled
  • Took a few days to get through to BA for flights they cancelled in May. 
    Quick refund chat, and funds back to my card in 48 hours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Easyjet told me I have to apply for my refund. Filled out a small form and been told I have to wait up to 28days for a reply.

Where did you manage to get the refund form to fill out? The link on their website doesn't work surprisingly enough.  The links for vouchers and to rebook flights are working fine lol 
  • edited May 2020
    ChiAddick said:

Anyone got any advice re 'cancellation'? Villa booking through booking.com but the villa are saying we are cancelling and refute my claim we aren't cancelling such as cannot go due to the Spanish and UK governments policies and our flights being cancelled
    Have you booked the villa as part of a package (including air travel) or independently? If the latter, then in theory the villa owner is able to say that the villa is available as per the contract - the fact that you cant get their isn't their problem (however, in the current climate my understanding is that most are playing ball). If when you come to go you are aren't able to travel due to FCO advice, then you should have a claim against your travel insurance.
  • E_cafc said:

Easyjet told me I have to apply for my refund. Filled out a small form and been told I have to wait up to 28days for a reply.

Where did you manage to get the refund form to fill out? The link on their website doesn't work surprisingly enough.  The links for vouchers and to rebook flights are working fine lol 

It is a bit of a workaround lol, but here you go:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/refund-form

• I had a cancelled flight to India for business, which I booked through EBookers. First of all, they promised a refund within 30 days. Now, they are saying that the airline is only offering vouchers. The booking is with Virgin Atlantic (through EBookers, that is). It looks like I will have to fight to get a refund. Vouchers are no use to me as Virgin don't fly routes that I usually use. Boring.
  • edited May 2020
    E_cafc said:

Easyjet told me I have to apply for my refund. Filled out a small form and been told I have to wait up to 28days for a reply.

It is a bit of a workaround lol, but here you go:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/refund-form

Cheers for that.  Managed to get it done on the laptop.  Link wasn't working on the phone.  

Right up to the very last click they are trying to get you to take a voucher or a rebook lol 

Ohhh well,  it's a waiting game now. 
  • Supposed to be going to Barcelona at the weekend with easy jet. 

Refused all their offers of rebooking or vouchers and completed the refund form nearly 4 weeks ago.

Not heard back from them other than will endeavour to process within 28 days. Then got email this morning saying had to cancel the flight and how to get a refund. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing me thinks 
  • I disagree. 
    I too got offered similar to accept vouchers/rebook on flights I have coming up.
    It is only when the cancel that you can claim a refund.
    Mine have yet to be cancelled, and are not usually informed until a week to go
  • Afternoon All.  I hope you are all well. I would be grateful for some advice please We are due to travel with Virgin Holidays on a package holiday in August which was booked at Xmas.  We are due to pay the substantial balance next week which I know we need to do to protect our deposit in the event of any future cancellation by Virgin or by their possible liquidation.  Ideally I would like to get a refund of our deposit now.  Is this possible on either grounds that my wife is in the shielding category and that Virgin now won’t be flying us from Gatwick but from Heathrow.  Thanks
    Not sure if this helps...

The change from Gatwick to Heathrow wont make any difference - a different airport in the same city wouldn't be deemed a material change.

Unless (and until) VH cancel the holiday, then the balance payment is still due. If you don't pay it, the booking will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. Your wife's status is unlikely to change that (if its a medical condition, then you may be covered by your travel insurance).

To "save" your deposit, you need to pay the balance. At the point of cancellation, VH will be required to refund you the full value. Whilst the law states this should be repaid within 14 days, the reality is at the moment refunds are taking a lot longer.

Alternatively, you may choose to move your booking to a future date and its likely that VH will incentivise you to do so - if that is the case your money remains safe, either through VH or, in the case of their collapse (hopefully not) from the CAA.

In short, if you want your deposit back, you are likely to need to pay the balance.... 
    Thanks so much for that.  Hopefully VH will allow us to rebook for a later date and not hold us to the original date.
  • Brian said:
    ROTW said:
    In view of the trouble I have had with PayPal, and the positive responses on here from BA, I know where I would consider the issue lies
    Initially BA were very helpful and I have tried to be very understanding but with Paypal refusing to say that they had received the money and without proof from BA that they sent it, I can only contact BA and ask for proof of payment. Its frustrating as neither of them want to be very helpful and I am £465 down. 

Not being funny, but why on earth would you pay for a holiday by PayPal and not use a credit card?
  • Was due to be going to Rome in July for a Euro 2020 game. Hotel and flights booked through last minute.com as a package. Any ideas where we stand in terms of money back etc?