Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Refunds on any flights you had

Comments

• We have fully paid for a holiday on 1 July with Tui. I was hoping for some communication and options but it looks like I am going to have to chase them. Will give it another few days.
    We were due to go with Tui to Switzerland in September and got an email a couple of days ago to say they have cancelled. I've glanced through it and there seems to be much contradictory advice like we should carry on paying. My missus thinks they have just cancelled Lakes and Mountain hols and not others -interestingly Switzerland is not on their books next year so not sure if this is why. I am going to sit down tomorrow lunchtime and have a detailed butchers and see if I can work out what they are saying. If I can see anything interesting I'll let you know
  • edited May 2020
    We paid the whole lot before Christmas so it feels like they have our money - over £4.5k and now they are not bothered in communicating. I am happy to be flexible with them as long as they are flexible with us. If you have that amount of money from somebody, you ought to make a bit of effort at least to communicate with them.
  • We have fully paid for a holiday on 1 July with Tui. I was hoping for some communication and options but it looks like I am going to have to chase them. Will give it another few days.
    We had a booking with them for early June which was cancelled a few weeks ago.

Think they have cancelled until 11 June up until now, but that will obviously be extended.

They have been offering an extra 20% on the value of a booking to take a credit to rebook for a later date, rather than go for a refund - although I fully suspect that the cost of that new booking will turn about to be about, say, 20% more than it would previously.
  • we got the 20% uplift offer as well, but like you my immediate thought is that prices will increase net year by the same amount.
  • TUI are in disarray they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Waited and got my credit note and then rang them to try to get cash back. After continuously receiving an engaged tone eventually, 100 calls later, got in a queue.

1.5 hours waiting got through to receive a message that they had closed.

Theives they have had my £3k for 3 months now. Taken up with credit card company now, will see how that goes!
  • EasyJet has admitted that a "highly sophisticated cyber-attack" has affected approximately nine million customers.

It said email addresses and travel details had been stolen and that 2,208 customers had also had their credit card details "accessed".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52722626

• Applied today for a voucher from Aer Lingus, says it could take up to 35 days before I receive it, it lasts 5 years if the company survives that long.
  • edited May 2020

Which firms were rated as the best and worst?

The table below ranks firms by net score (the number of 'Great' votes minus the number of 'Poor' votes – we excluded the 'OK' votes as a neutral rank) and lists the number of responses for each. We've only included firms with more than 100 responses and have bolded the 10 biggest firms by number of respondents in our survey.

://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/mse-travel-survey-results/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=19-May-20-50614008-1609&utm_campaign=nt-hiya&utm_content=14
  • Which firms were rated as the best and worst?

The table below ranks firms by net score (the number of 'Great' votes minus the number of 'Poor' votes – we excluded the 'OK' votes as a neutral rank) and lists the number of responses for each. We've only included firms with more than 100 responses and have bolded the 10 biggest firms by number of respondents in our survey.

://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/mse-travel-survey-results/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=19-May-20-50614008-1609&utm_campaign=nt-hiya&utm_content=14
    BA way in front of the other big airlines ... hope they survive. 
  • clb74 said:
    So day 63 with p and o cruises told 45 days then 60 days.
    Done a chargeback for the shore excursions  on day 61 on debit card.
    Bank re funded me the money and will investigate the claim.
    Tomorrow will chargeback for the cruise if not received.
    Day 79 no refund.
    Request in on 16th march, CEO said refunds being done in date order.
    People who put their requests in april have been recieving their refunds.
    My guess they know theyve p!ssed off those in march so are trying to keep the others sweet.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Day 79 no refund.
    My guess they know theyve p!ssed off those in march so are trying to keep the others sweet.
    Try MoneySavingExpert Resolver? booking.com have refunded me half, said they would refund full cost and asked for proof of both payments I made. I have sent this. They asked for it again so I sent it again (mentioning I had already sent it and attached the previously email) and have chased twice but they won't respond again
  • Got my money back from TUI eventually after complaing to CEO.
  • Still battling on the beach for a refund they have refunded me the hotel but yet the flights which were through easyjet
  • I spent three weeks calling BA at different times of the day only to listen to recorded message saying that the wait time is longer than usual and get cut off every time. I was never placed on hold. So, I finally snapped and tweeted them, complaining about getting cut off rather than being on hold. I appreciate that these are exceptional times but I was getting very frustrated. They have an app, an the simplest thing to do would be to add a refund option in that rather than force us to call them on the phone. 

To their credit, the replied on Twitter within two hours and my refund was authorised the next day. That was two days ago and I have yet to receive it but I can wait a little longer. If I had known that Twitter was the quickest way to get my money back then I would never have bothered with the phone.
  • Got my money back from TUI eventually after complaing to CEO.
    I just got a call from booking.com after my case had been referred by the executive team whose email addresses I found and emailed yesterday - seems like they are investigating now! So I recommend this route too (I've had to resoort to it before)
  • finally managed to get our big extended family holiday to Mauritius refunded in full, as you can imagine it was a fair sum when added up.

Not managed to get a refund on hotel booked for Whitsun, Amex not playing ball, have told the missus not to back down
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Day 79 no refund.
    Try MoneySavingExpert Resolver? booking.com have refunded me half, said they would refund full cost and asked for proof of both payments I made. I have sent this. They asked for it again so I sent it again (mentioning I had already sent it and attached the previously email) and have chased twice but they won't respond again
    Hi I started a chargeback with credit card company on day 63.
    I can't believe the amount of chasing people have to do.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Day 79 no refund.
    I saw your post on the slimming thread. 
    Looks like you have resorted to comfort eating. 
    #pray for Chris.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Day 79 no refund.
    I saw your post on the slimming thread. 
    Looks like you have resorted to comfort eating. 
    #pray for Chris.
    That might have something to do with the half a lamb mate
  • I spent three weeks calling BA at different times of the day only to listen to recorded message saying that the wait time is longer than usual and get cut off every time. I was never placed on hold. So, I finally snapped and tweeted them, complaining about getting cut off rather than being on hold. I appreciate that these are exceptional times but I was getting very frustrated. They have an app, an the simplest thing to do would be to add a refund option in that rather than force us to call them on the phone. 

To their credit, the replied on Twitter within two hours and my refund was authorised the next day. That was two days ago and I have yet to receive it but I can wait a little longer. If I had known that Twitter was the quickest way to get my money back then I would never have bothered with the phone.
    Back this 100%.  My flight due in July was cancelled earlier this week.  Gave up on the phone after trying on and off for 2 days.  Twitter DM answered in 2 hours, refund committed today (1 working day later).  Awaiting refund to card, but at least I have spoken to someone
  • Sponsored links:

• We had a week booked for 1 July for family wedding. No contact so I contacted them. Wedding was postponed to next year. I wanted to tell Tui to get stuffed as they wanted another £1.4k. I thought we would get the holiday for a more reasonable price if we threatened to want our money back but wife was scared we might miss out. So we paid the extra on the understanding that we never use Tui again. 

Not even having the decency to send us an e-mail about a holiday we fully paid for and booked last year will end up costing them money. Not this time granted, but there wont be a next time.
  • I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?
  • I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?

I applied for refunds online for a couple of trips with Easyjet on 28th April. Emailed the address that @jacob)_CAFC recommended last week as the debit card I made one of the bookings on had changed.

Had an email from them today, saying that the refund for the flight booked with an expired card has been processed and should hit my account in 2/3 days. Didn't mention the other refund I submitted at the same time so have gone back to them again.

The email address is john.leighton@easyjet.com although it wasn't him that came back to me.

• Been trying to get through to BA customer services all week. No joy. Go through their ridiculous automated process and then get hung up on saying they are too busy.
  • I had two flights booked with EBookers, one for Delhi and one for Boston. The Boston one included a hotel booking. Both flights were coincidentally with Virgin. Curiously, they offered a refund for Boston (without calling them) and have paid it back within 7 days. As for the one for Delhi, I am being offered no more than vouchers after several calls/attempted calls/hours listening to music etc. Strange.
  • Been trying to get through to BA customer services all week. No joy. Go through their ridiculous automated process and then get hung up on saying they are too busy.
    I have seen people responded to very quickly by going through Twitter

I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.

I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    No Fanny, it was the short stay car park at Gatwick.