Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds on any flights you had

Comments

• Options
    OK, thanks for that.
  • Options

Olympic Holidays are saying that it's going to take 16 weeks for them to provide a cash refund.

And yet when these holiday firms want your money, if you don't pay on time, they threaten to blow up your cars and kidnap your pets. Or blow up your pets and kidnap your cars.

• Options
    I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?

I applied for refunds online for a couple of trips with Easyjet on 28th April. Emailed the address that @jacob)_CAFC recommended last week as the debit card I made one of the bookings on had changed.

Had an email from them today, saying that the refund for the flight booked with an expired card has been processed and should hit my account in 2/3 days. Didn't mention the other refund I submitted at the same time so have gone back to them again.

The email address is john.leighton@easyjet.com although it wasn't him that came back to me.

I am guessing you gave them the 28 days that they stipulate?

• Options
    I was due to go to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. Got my airport parking back with no problem and vouchers from the hotel booked to use within a year.

I applied for a refund from Easy Jet. Got an email back saying hope to refund in 28 days but don't contact us until 90 days have elapsed. Currently on day 49. Anyone had refunds from Easy Jet and recall how long they waited?
    I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

I have put in a "Contact me" email via their site but no response thus far.

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    Jean, I too had a booking with APH at Gatwick. I sent a ‘contact me’ email a couple of weeks ago and got a response this evening. Basically offering me a voucher worth 130% of my original booking if I book with them at Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham by end of 2021. It then has a link if I want to call them to rebook which when opened tells me their office is closed and all staff furloughed. I don’t want to rebook though. I will be sending another ‘contact me’ email insisting on a refund. I’m sure you will hear likewise soon.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Been trying to get through to BA customer services all week. No joy. Go through their ridiculous automated process and then get hung up on saying they are too busy.
    I have seen people responded to very quickly by going through Twitter
    Thanks, tried that and got an initial reply then silence.

Finally got through to the call centre yesterday evening. Refund issued. Not before an argument ensued. Apparently the return flight was only eligible for a voucher as they had put me on an alternative! Politely pointed out that was no good to me as the outbound flight was cancelled and as such I wouldn't actually be needing the return.
  • Options

I've been trying to contact APH at Gatwick re our Meet & Greet booking in 2 weeks time but their Ansaphone states all their staff have been furloughed & the office remains closed....

Could I ask, please @bolloxbolder, if your booking was with this company and/or how you managed to make contact with them.

Many thanks.
    Jean, I too had a booking with APH at Gatwick. I sent a ‘contact me’ email a couple of weeks ago and got a response this evening. Basically offering me a voucher worth 130% of my original booking if I book with them at Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham by end of 2021. It then has a link if I want to call them to rebook which when opened tells me their office is closed and all staff furloughed. I don’t want to rebook though. I will be sending another ‘contact me’ email insisting on a refund. I’m sure you will hear likewise soon.
    Ah, thanks, Neale.

I've received nothing so far but will keep my fingers crossed.

Perhaps you'd let me know if you hear from them regarding a refund.
  • Options

Many thanks.
    Ah, thanks, Neale.

I've received nothing so far but will keep my fingers crossed.

Perhaps you'd let me know if you hear from them regarding a refund.
    Of course, no worries.
  • Options
    Was due to be going to the South of France for a week at the end of the month to take in the now cancelled French Grand Prix.
    Received an email from Easyjet in March saying that we could transfer our flights to another route/date without any amendment charges, only paying for any fare difference. I ignored their offer at the time. 
    Received another email about a week ago  offering a transfer to any other date/route in Europe without the need to pay any price difference.
    I transferred the flights today to Spain for the October half term. Price showing today was over £1,700. Not a bad deal for my original £280 outlay for the three of us. 
  • Options
    Received my full refund from Easy Jet today.. Took just under 8 weeks from claiming. 
  • Options
    Excellent news. I have been waiting since the 11th May some I have a while to go yet but at least people are getting paid out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was due to be heading to Rome next month. Had tickets for the Euro 2020 QF there. Booked a package through last minute.com, have emailed the hotel direct who are willing to push our stay with them back to a later date, and I’m aware that EasyJet are doing similar but you have to go through the company booked with. Last minute.com are refusing to do anything , saying it doesn’t fall in line with the airlines ts and cs to rebook . Anyone know what route I can go down next? Whilst I appreciate that travelling may be allowed by early July to other countries and I could potentially fulfil my booking, my dad is on the shielded list til the end of June as a recovering cancer patient and I obviously don’t want to be travelling anywhere at the moment anyway with what is going on. Any advice appreciated
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I finally got a full refund from booking.com. But only be going to the executive team! Good luck with everyone's claims
  • Options
    Had flights and hotel booked with T.U.I for next week travelling to my daughters wedding on Crete.
    Waiting for credits and maybe re-booked for next year.
    Many folk were going to the wedding and big reception was planned, all cancelled. 

Posted this on May11th.
    Filled in a refund form 2 weeks ago, still waiting for the dosh.
  • Options
    I booked to flights to San Fran and was due to fly last week. The flights were with United and I booked through Travel Up......just heard I will get a refund in next few days - surprised tbh. 
  • Options

Many thanks.
    Received their emailed offer this morning & have replied accordingly, indicating that we have no plans to travel in the foreseeable future as we have not renewed our passports ( true!)

Will let you know the outcome.
  • Options

Many thanks.
    Received their emailed offer this morning & have replied accordingly, indicating that we have no plans to travel in the foreseeable future as we have not renewed our passports ( true!)

Will let you know the outcome.
    Come on Jean don't let your new passport photo scare you.
    You are still as lovely as ever😊
  • Options
    I finally got a full refund from booking.com. But only be going to the executive team! Good luck with everyone's claims
    Great news.

Did the hotel cancel your stay or was it a case of you just couldn't get there?

I had a hotel booked in Barcelona. They cancelled the booking via booking.com but i have had no correspondence at all from them. 

I was only due to be there last week so haven't escalated it yet. 

Refund put into easyjet as well, but they've at least corresponded and quoted up to 90 days.
  • Options
    I had a booking with Holiday Extras for the Thistle hotel at Heathrow with parking, dinner, breakfast and Pod transfer to Terminal 5 at the end of this month. As my holiday has been cancelled, I contacted them to cancel my booking. I booked the flexible option which meant that I could cancel and get a refund anytime up to 24 hours before arriving,

All they have given me is a voucher to use on my next booking. When I asked why I had a voucher and not a refund, they responded that they were allowed to change the T&C's and adjust their refund policy due to events beyond their control. The voucher is valid for three years and we do always do the airport hotel and parking option when going on holiday but I was expecting a full refund,
  • Options

I applied for refunds online for a couple of trips with Easyjet on 28th April. Emailed the address that @jacob)_CAFC recommended last week as the debit card I made one of the bookings on had changed.

Had an email from them today, saying that the refund for the flight booked with an expired card has been processed and should hit my account in 2/3 days. Didn't mention the other refund I submitted at the same time so have gone back to them again.

The email address is john.leighton@easyjet.com although it wasn't him that came back to me.

Just had notification that the 2nd refund has been processed. Wasn't really waiting for it (don't have anything to spend it on at the moment anyway) but 6 weeks is a piss take really. Appreciate they must have had thousands of refunds to process but how long can it take to put them through? It's not as if there's a dispute process to go through.
  • Options
    in 2018 easyJet flew following passenger numbers : 

April 7.4m
    May 7.7m
    June 7.9m

Total of 23m

imagine they would have had at least similar figures in place for those months this year.

if you make a generous assumption of 4 passengers per booking that is still 5.75m individual bookings that they are having to contact customer and try to sell voucher/rebooking to and to ultimately refund so I dont think they are doing too badly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a booking with Holiday Extras for the Thistle hotel at Heathrow with parking, dinner, breakfast and Pod transfer to Terminal 5 at the end of this month. As my holiday has been cancelled, I contacted them to cancel my booking. I booked the flexible option which meant that I could cancel and get a refund anytime up to 24 hours before arriving,

All they have given me is a voucher to use on my next booking. When I asked why I had a voucher and not a refund, they responded that they were allowed to change the T&C's and adjust their refund policy due to events beyond their control. The voucher is valid for three years and we do always do the airport hotel and parking option when going on holiday but I was expecting a full refund,
    Ultimately, if they cannot provide you with the service they are contracted to supply you, you are entitled to a full cash refund. I cant imagine the Thistle Hotel will be open to accept you at the end of the month and at that point you would have a right to refund. Of course, many businesses are faced with a dilemma - pay everyone a cash refund and go out of business with the associated loss of jobs etc (and the ability to offer their services in the future), or ask customers to accept vouchers on the basis that they you will be able to use them at a later date, whilst enabling their business to remain viable. If you can do the latter that's good, but ultimately its your choice. I would also make sure you know what protection the voucher has.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ChiAddick said:
    Great news.

Did the hotel cancel your stay or was it a case of you just couldn't get there?

I had a hotel booked in Barcelona. They cancelled the booking via booking.com but i have had no correspondence at all from them. 

I was only due to be there last week so haven't escalated it yet. 

Refund put into easyjet as well, but they've at least corresponded and quoted up to 90 days.
    It was for a villa.The villa wouldn't refund us. Then I found a link on the confirmation of booking email that said the booking could be cancelled until 24 hours before without penalty, which was not the same as the cancellation policy later on. So basically it was a handy error! booking.com wouldn't admit the error at first, but even when they did, they kept coming up with reasons why they still wouldn't refund. So I went to the executive team who got someone to review my case!
  • Options
    Last December I took out travel insurance for my recently cancelled trip to Cyprus. Insure & Go refunded me the premium less a 20% fee taken by the brokers which I was more than happy to accept. Hadn't really expected anything.
  • Options
    Trying to get a refund on some flights I’ve had cancelled by some random Romanian airlines for a trip to the Euro’s we had planned. Not an easy task.

DM’ing companies on Twitter has worked best for me. BA have been really good in refunding four separate trips I had planned, AMTRAK similar.

Love holidays have said that my refund on a hotel booking in NYC in April that was cancelled by the property  “will be issued as per ABTA regulations after 31st July” - any idea what that means?
  • Options
    I've got the vouchers back from Air France for flights we had booked in July.

I've also managed to put back an easyjet flight.

However flights booked with mytrip.com has so infuriated me that I have now been led to just send this e-mail:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, it is unclear to me now whether I am communicating with an English speaking or French speaking customer service team. Your last message to my wife, ********** was in English so I shall continue in that language. I understand that you have a high number of customer service calls due to COVID-19 but we would just like some kind of idea of how long it will take you to treat this claim. After all, if you treat claims in chronological order then this claim must have been one of the first seeing as the flights were at the very outbreak of COVID-19. You could inform us for example if you have heard anything back from Air France at all. Have you indeed even contacted them yet? It is acceptable to some extent that you state that COVID-19 is slowing down requests but after nearly three months, your customer service is now at the limits of what is acceptable even in this situation with COVID-19. You state below  that Le remboursement dépend des délais de traitement de la compagnie aérienne’. I would like to point out to you that we also had flights booked for July with Air France and this was dealt with quickly and vouchers have already been issued by Air France. It is not reasonable therefore for you to claim that Air France is stalling on this matter. If they have given vouchers for July flights then must surely have done for those in March. Your first reply to us regarding this cancellation dates back to 12th March. That is three months ago tomorrow. My wife last wrote to you on 30th May about this (and has not received any reply. As ‘chef de service’ at the hospital she no longer has time to deal with this and so has now passed this matter into my hands.  In further referral to Mrs ******** position at the hospital, I attach the ‘attestation’ showing that a cancellation was necessary in order for her to deal with the COVID19 crisis. Such a document does not seem to me necessary given that our July flights did not  require any such documentation in order to get a refund, although I do understand that the 12th and 13th March flights may have actually departed.Please deal with this request immediately because Mrs ******* would like to use the vouchers to re-book her trip for a date sometime in October or November. Your delay therefore is preventing her from getting a reasonable price on these new fares. Should I not receive any reply to this e-mail within 14 days I shall be referring this matter to our ‘service juridique.’   Yours Faithfully,  
  • Options

However flights booked with mytrip.com has so infuriated me that I have now been led to just send this e-mail:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, it is unclear to me now whether I am communicating with an English speaking or French speaking customer service team. Your last message to my wife, ********** was in English so I shall continue in that language. I understand that you have a high number of customer service calls due to COVID-19 but we would just like some kind of idea of how long it will take you to treat this claim. After all, if you treat claims in chronological order then this claim must have been one of the first seeing as the flights were at the very outbreak of COVID-19. You could inform us for example if you have heard anything back from Air France at all. Have you indeed even contacted them yet? It is acceptable to some extent that you state that COVID-19 is slowing down requests but after nearly three months, your customer service is now at the limits of what is acceptable even in this situation with COVID-19. You state below  that Le remboursement dépend des délais de traitement de la compagnie aérienne’. I would like to point out to you that we also had flights booked for July with Air France and this was dealt with quickly and vouchers have already been issued by Air France. It is not reasonable therefore for you to claim that Air France is stalling on this matter. If they have given vouchers for July flights then must surely have done for those in March. Your first reply to us regarding this cancellation dates back to 12th March. That is three months ago tomorrow. My wife last wrote to you on 30th May about this (and has not received any reply. As ‘chef de service’ at the hospital she no longer has time to deal with this and so has now passed this matter into my hands.  In further referral to Mrs ******** position at the hospital, I attach the ‘attestation’ showing that a cancellation was necessary in order for her to deal with the COVID19 crisis. Such a document does not seem to me necessary given that our July flights did not  require any such documentation in order to get a refund, although I do understand that the 12th and 13th March flights may have actually departed.Please deal with this request immediately because Mrs ******* would like to use the vouchers to re-book her trip for a date sometime in October or November. Your delay therefore is preventing her from getting a reasonable price on these new fares. Should I not receive any reply to this e-mail within 14 days I shall be referring this matter to our ‘service juridique.’   Yours Faithfully,  

Has your wife got a swear word as her surname?
  • Options

Dear Sir / Madam,

I think it's Asterix …..
  • Options

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, it is unclear to me now whether I am communicating with an English speaking or French speaking customer service team. Your last message to my wife, ********** was in English so I shall continue in that language. I understand that you have a high number of customer service calls due to COVID-19 but we would just like some kind of idea of how long it will take you to treat this claim. After all, if you treat claims in chronological order then this claim must have been one of the first seeing as the flights were at the very outbreak of COVID-19. You could inform us for example if you have heard anything back from Air France at all. Have you indeed even contacted them yet?

It is acceptable to some extent that you state that COVID-19 is slowing down requests but after nearly three months, your customer service is now at the limits of what is acceptable even in this situation with COVID-19. You state below  that Le remboursement dépend des délais de traitement de la compagnie aérienne’. I would like to point out to you that we also had flights booked for July with Air France and this was dealt with quickly and vouchers have already been issued by Air France. It is not reasonable therefore for you to claim that Air France is stalling on this matter. If they have given vouchers for July flights then must surely have done for those in March. Your first reply to us regarding this cancellation dates back to 12th March. That is three months ago tomorrow.

My wife last wrote to you on 30th May about this (and has not received any reply. As ‘chef de service’ at the hospital she no longer has time to deal with this and so has now passed this matter into my hands.  In further referral to Mrs ******** position at the hospital, I attach the ‘attestation’ showing that a cancellation was necessary in order for her to deal with the COVID19 crisis. Such a document does not seem to me necessary given that our July flights did not  require any such documentation in order to get a refund, although I do understand that the 12th and 13th March flights may have actually departed.

Please deal with this request immediately because Mrs ******* would like to use the vouchers to re-book her trip for a date sometime in October or November. Your delay therefore is preventing her from getting a reasonable price on these new fares.

Should I not receive any reply to this e-mail within 14 days I shall be referring this matter to our ‘service juridique.’

Yours Faithfully,

No but she refers to herself in the third person, and I have to be very polite, grateful,and respectful of her magnificence.
  • Options

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, it is unclear to me now whether I am communicating with an English speaking or French speaking customer service team. Your last message to my wife, ********** was in English so I shall continue in that language. I understand that you have a high number of customer service calls due to COVID-19 but we would just like some kind of idea of how long it will take you to treat this claim. After all, if you treat claims in chronological order then this claim must have been one of the first seeing as the flights were at the very outbreak of COVID-19. You could inform us for example if you have heard anything back from Air France at all. Have you indeed even contacted them yet?

It is acceptable to some extent that you state that COVID-19 is slowing down requests but after nearly three months, your customer service is now at the limits of what is acceptable even in this situation with COVID-19. You state below  that Le remboursement dépend des délais de traitement de la compagnie aérienne’. I would like to point out to you that we also had flights booked for July with Air France and this was dealt with quickly and vouchers have already been issued by Air France. It is not reasonable therefore for you to claim that Air France is stalling on this matter. If they have given vouchers for July flights then must surely have done for those in March. Your first reply to us regarding this cancellation dates back to 12th March. That is three months ago tomorrow.

My wife last wrote to you on 30th May about this (and has not received any reply. As ‘chef de service’ at the hospital she no longer has time to deal with this and so has now passed this matter into my hands.  In further referral to Mrs ******** position at the hospital, I attach the ‘attestation’ showing that a cancellation was necessary in order for her to deal with the COVID19 crisis. Such a document does not seem to me necessary given that our July flights did not  require any such documentation in order to get a refund, although I do understand that the 12th and 13th March flights may have actually departed.

Please deal with this request immediately because Mrs ******* would like to use the vouchers to re-book her trip for a date sometime in October or November. Your delay therefore is preventing her from getting a reasonable price on these new fares.

Should I not receive any reply to this e-mail within 14 days I shall be referring this matter to our ‘service juridique.’

Yours Faithfully,

I think it's Asterix …..
    No, he lives in Angoulême. We're much further north. Get it right, man.
  • Options
    I see on twitter @Rob7Lee is having trouble with p and o cruises aswell