Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Rashford

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Matt Hancock:

The prime minister talked to Daniel Rashford yesterday, I think what he's done is terrific.

He couldn't even get his name right!
  • Good old Katie Hopkins. The moron who went on tv and criticised some people for naming their children after geographical locations..............but has a child called India.

But still the best thing i've ever seen regarding her is this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIdtMlqwNA
  • The outcome of this campaign is the best news I’ve heard since lockdown began. 

A great achievement by a really fine young man.
  • Well done Marcus. 
  • he's just rung in live to Good Morning Britain 
  • God help any Spurs player on Friday who gives him a dig .. neither press nor public will ever forgive nor forget the injury to St Marcus ((:>) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Really great to see Labour claiming credit for Marcus' work. Hasn't gone down well. Anywhere. On any platform.

Bailey Long, surprisingly enough, one of the very few to come out with any credit.

Labour being likened to John Terry turning up for the trophy presentation in full kit, despite not playing.
  • Scoham said:
    this from 'right on Gary' who before playing in a World Cup match v Cameroon referred to them light heartedly as 'the macaroons' ..  of course that was in a much less 'woke' era  ((:>)
  • Matt Hancock:

The prime minister talked to Daniel Rashford yesterday, I think what he's done is terrific.

Everyone knows Daniel Rashford plays for Manchester Athletic.
  • I grew up in a single parent family and my mum struggled and there are no doubt loads on here the same. I remember my free dinner pass in school and queing seperate from the others queing up at lunch. Hearing a pretty high profile player like Rashford tell the world how his family budgeted and relied on mates to eat is impressive and i respect the guys honesty. 

Forget the politics. This aint about Tories or Labour its about society and will continue whilst families live in poverty. school meals are paid for 
    I am so happy that he is able to repay his mum and probably set up his family for life.

I went to school in Stepney, then a pretty rough and poor area. Lots of my schoolmates were on free school meals. Every Monday during 'register' they would queue to be handed their free meal tickets by the form master. 
     I was pleased to hear today on the radio that payment for school meals is now done with a credit card type voucher and no-one can tell if any child is on 'free meals'. The 'stigma' attached to queueing for a hand out has therefore been removed, and thank goodness for that, though woe betide any muppet at my old school who took the micky out of anyone on 'free meals',  he was made to repent VERY swiftly.
  • Matt Hancock:

Aint he the bloke from Harry Potter?
  • Is anybody surprised that Matt Hancock got Rashford's Christian name wrong? This Government are incompetent and lazy. 
  • dickplumb said:
    Is anybody surprised that Matt Hancock got Rashford's Christian name wrong? This Government are incompetent and lazy. 
    that's the result of a big majority and a fixed term parliament as well as a bunch of out of touch 'professional' politicians who are good at getting elected and lacking in the nous of actually planning and governing
  • Matt Hancock:

Aint he the bloke from Harry Potter?
    That’s Marcus Radcliffe.
  • MrOneLung said:
    dickplumb said:
    Is anybody surprised that Matt Hancock got Rashford's Christian name wrong? This Government are incompetent and lazy. 
    Spot on Rick.
    Incompetence of the highest level.
    Mis-stating someone's name is Incompetence of the highest level ?

Is the management of Covid incompetence of the top-top highest level?

He got his name wrong during a live interview - let's not make it out to be anything more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    dickplumb said:
    Spot on Rick.
    Incompetence of the highest level.
    Mis-stating someone's name is Incompetence of the highest level ?

Is the management of Covid incompetence of the top-top highest level?

He got his name wrong during a live interview - let's not make it out to be anything more than that.
    I think Matt is truly an all rounder when it comes to incompetence - strong in most area.
  • A few comments on twitter along these lines

To be fair it’s nowhere near as bad as Corbyn trying to get credit for peace in Northern Ireland whilst being an unknown backbench opposition mp.
  • Starmer raised it at PMQs last week
  • Settle down, everyone!

It's clear that people love progressive policies, except when they're proposed by progressive politicians. Here's to every subsequent such policy being unrolled by popular sport stars. Ben Stokes can sort out the rental market next
  • edited June 2020
    .Big_Bad_World said:
    Really great to see Labour claiming credit for Marcus' work. Hasn't gone down well. Anywhere. On any platform.

Bailey Long, surprisingly enough, one of the very few to come out with any credit.

Labour being likened to John Terry turning up for the trophy presentation in full kit, despite not playing.

In the Commons last Wednesday this happened in the Commons:

The two leaders also duked it out over the Government’s decision not to continue to offer free schools meals throughout the summer holidays, a move Sir Keir said would hit 1.3 million children in low-income families who rely on the existing voucher system.

The Prime Minister said the Government does not “normally continue with free school meals over the summer holidays”.

Boris did not know about Rashford's campaign 'til yesterday and clearly hadn't seen the footballer's open letter to the PM 'til then. That makes this a dramatic u-turn by Boris even by his standards especially if it was based on the views of one footballer alone.

• Rothko said:
    Starmer raised it at PMQs last week
    If Rashford had been with him Boris might have listened then. 
  • Are you better off lobbying an MP or a sports star if you want things done?