Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Rashford

Comments

• Options
    No need to be so angry or triggered. It's a picture. You may or may not find it funny. You may fall over yourself to the slap the back of the person that posts a Twitter link you either agree with or find politically funny. You are also free to not like the picture if it offends, in a weird way, your sensibilities.

Nobody claimed it was the creation of a genius, though.
  • Options
    No need to be so angry or triggered. It's a picture. You may or may not find it funny. You may fall over yourself to the slap the back of the person that posts a Twitter link you either agree with or find politically funny. You are also free to not like the picture if it offends, in a weird way, your sensibilities.

Just responding to the angle you tried to find. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I actually agree a little bit more with this angle than the 'his agent' one - Labour had brought it up but (the perennially-ignored RLB aside!) weren't going very hard at it and certainly didn't seem to think their stand was anything other than doomed lip-service until Rashford stepped in
  • Options
    To be fair, I don’t think it was Starmer who was trying to take the credit for it.
  • Options

Just responding to the angle you tried to find. 
    Nice try. It was a picture that I found funny. No more, no less. You seem extremely put out that an inoffensive, subjectively funny picture was posted.

That's the beauty of not having entrenched Tory/Labour sensibilities. You can laugh at them and not appear like an angry old man because your political compass has been rocked by a feckin' picture  :D
  • Options
    Really great to see Labour claiming credit for Marcus' work. Hasn't gone down well. Anywhere. On any platform.

Bailey Long, surprisingly enough, one of the very few to come out with any credit.

Labour being likened to John Terry turning up for the trophy presentation in full kit, despite not playing.
    You posted this which clearly has an angle on it as you're well aware. You love to twist things and have some of the most entrenched views on here.

You accuse others on here of things that directly apply to you - commonly called transference.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Really great to see Labour claiming credit for Marcus' work. Hasn't gone down well. Anywhere. On any platform.

Bailey Long, surprisingly enough, one of the very few to come out with any credit.

Labour being likened to John Terry turning up for the trophy presentation in full kit, despite not playing.
    You posted this which clearly has an angle on it as you're well aware. You love to twist things and have some of the most entrenched views on here.

You accuse others on here of things that directly apply to you - commonly called transference.

Clearly? really? says who? you? Mr Angry? nah, you're alright. You carry on being angry about an inoffensive picture someone posted on social media :D

Dress it up as having an angle if you so wish. I'll carry on laughing at you for this reason.

You can even console yourself with the many delusions you put forward. It will not, however, change the fact that you got very angry about a picture of John Terry with Keir Starmer's face in place of John Terry's. That's the long and short of it. Think about that for a minute :D

Anyway, Leuth has it right.
  • Options

Clearly? really? says who? you? Mr Angry? nah, you're alright. You carry on being angry about an inoffensive picture someone posted on social media :D

Dress it up as having an angle if you so wish. I'll carry on laughing at you for this reason.

You can even console yourself with the many delusions you put forward. It will not, however, change the fact that you got very angry about a picture of John Terry with Keir Starmer's face in place of JohnTerry's. Think about that for a minute :D
    I've made the point about you having an angle and you're not honest to admit that you have. This isn't about the picture.

As usual you twist things. I'm certainly not angry.

It doesn't actually matter what I say as you'll just ignore it and tell me what I think even though you are utterly clueless.

I look forward to your next bizarre rant.

• Options
    As I said earlier. This was a Labour motion in Parliament to extend free school meals. The Tories were whipped to oppose it. Rashford wrote to MPs urging them to support it. Boris then u-turned and withdrew the opposition allowing the vote in Parliament to succeed. 

Both Labour and Rashford deserve credit for this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You can even console yourself with the many delusions you put forward. It will not, however, change the fact that you got very angry about a picture of John Terry with Keir Starmer's face in place of JohnTerry's. Think about that for a minute :D
    I've made the point about you having an angle and you're not honest to admit that you have. This isn't about the picture.

It doesn't actually matter what I say as you'll just ignore it and tell me what I think even though you are utterly clueless.

Angry man claims someone has an angle. Recipient of accusation calmly refutes claim and states there was no angle. Only humour. Angry man claims to to be the sole arbiter of not only how he thinks but also how everyone else thinks. And that's that!! :D

Angry man then claims that the recipient of the false accusation will ignore what Angry man says and will, instead, tell Angry man what Angry man thinks. Angry man seems to not see the irony in what he says.

Bizarre indeed :D
  • Options
    Man Utd & players in general have come out of the lockdown quite well - never tried to furlough staff like Liverpool, Spurs etc, haven't had any breaking lockdown stories like Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, Spurs & Mourinho, Rashford for all the above, and wasn't it Harry Maguire who got a load of players together to donate a part of their wages?

I doubt they are all saints but they've managed to come across well.
    A good point, but then he current United side (and Ole) do come over as quite likeable
    Except for Lingard.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    dickplumb said:
    Is anybody surprised that Matt Hancock got Rashford's Christian name wrong? This Government are incompetent and lazy. 
    Spot on Rick.
    Incompetence of the highest level.
    Mis-stating someone's name is Incompetence of the highest level ?

Is the management of Covid incompetence of the top-top highest level?

He got his name wrong during a live interview - let's not make it out to be anything more than that.
    I think you missed my joke.....
  • Options
    Man Utd & players in general have come out of the lockdown quite well - never tried to furlough staff like Liverpool, Spurs etc, haven't had any breaking lockdown stories like Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, Spurs & Mourinho, Rashford for all the above, and wasn't it Harry Maguire who got a load of players together to donate a part of their wages?

A good point, but then he current United side (and Ole) do come over as quite likeable
    Except for Lingard.
    Tbf I think Lingard is quite likeable, even if he is a bit shite
  • Options
    So impressed by this kid. Another example that social pressure on Governments work. 
  • Options

Except for Lingard.
    Scored a winning FA cup final goal against dismal phallus - makes him likeable in my eyes
  • Options

Except for Lingard.
    Scored a winning FA cup final goal against dismal phallus - makes him likeable in my eyes
    Haha true!  But I can't see that "Beans beans beans" video without considering him a bell.
  • Options
    It’s really good to see, but it does make you wonder about parliamentary process if it’s taken a high profile footballer to get this over the line.  

There are lots of good causes celebrities attach themselves too, but it’s pot luck which ones get traction and influence the government 

Bellerin of Arsenal has agreed to plant 3000 trees for every Arsenal victory for the rest of this season.  I wonder how many we’ll see planted? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I mean, if this episode teaches us anything, it's that party politics is a fundamentally broken model. More gets done by popular demand than by HoC process. I wonder where this will lead us. Hopefully somewhere positive.
    Brexit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is obviously a caring and compassionate lad as well posessing above average intelligence for a footballing millionaire, well done Marcus.

BUT don't the usual suspects love a bandwagon?  Media, Politicians all hitching up to him. So fucking predictable.
  • Options

Angry man claims someone has an angle. Recipient of accusation calmly refutes claim and states there was no angle. Only humour. Angry man claims to to be the sole arbiter of not only how he thinks but also how everyone else thinks. And that's that!! :D

Angry man then claims that the recipient of the false accusation will ignore what Angry man says and will, instead, tell Angry man what Angry man thinks. Angry man seems to not see the irony in what he says.

Bizarre indeed :D
    How can you be so sure he's angry? Or has he made you sleep in the spare bed again?
  • Options
    Oooo..... I will come back later to see the progress of that posting...... ! 
  • Options

It's all about point scoring, both here and in parliament.

Starmer used PMQs to ask the government to reconsider it's position.
    The Tories were under a lot of pressure to do so, but Johnson didn't want to be gift Starmer a fairly substantial victory.

Marcus Rashford's timing was perfect, because it enabled the govt to do what they knew they'd have to do eventually, without making it look like a Labour victory.
    That's why they were going with the Rashford line the next day.

That's politics for you. The cause was won, Johnson saved a little bit of face, and Labour's policy victory wasn't backed up by the PR victory they would have liked.
    Hats off to Rashford either way.
  • Options
    Katie Hopkins banned from Twitter.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Something else to thank Marcus for enabling. Not before time.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Katie Hopkins banned from Twitter.
    Farage gone from LBC. Hopkins banned from Twitter.
    Happy days.
  • Options
    Anyway didn't think he showed that well last night

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Anyway didn't think he showed that well last night

As a Footballer I think Mason Greenwood will be better