Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wednesday into admin is the latest twitter rumour. 
    Reading are in a bit of trouble too.

When their financial figures were released in April it showed that they lost £40m last year and spent £225 for every £100 of income on player wages. That is absolutely crazy.

So i'd be amazed if they're not far off FFP sanctions either.
    Interestingly, Sheff Weds and Wigan were the next two highest after Reading (after Norwich and Villa were promoted) both £168 for every £100 of income.

The chart on page 12 of the Wigan thread has the info
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89355/wigan-have-gone-into-administration/p12
    That's where I loose some sympathy for Wigan.  The circumstances of how and when they went into admin is a scandal but I didn't hear their fans moaning they had players they couldn't afford when they started winning.
    The Wigan situation has nothing to do with having players they couldn't afford so spending beyond their means leading to administration. What has happened there is a disgrace.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When their financial figures were released in April it showed that they lost £40m last year and spent £225 for every £100 of income on player wages. That is absolutely crazy.

So i'd be amazed if they're not far off FFP sanctions either.
    Interestingly, Sheff Weds and Wigan were the next two highest after Reading (after Norwich and Villa were promoted) both £168 for every £100 of income.

The chart on page 12 of the Wigan thread has the info
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89355/wigan-have-gone-into-administration/p12
    That's where I loose some sympathy for Wigan.  The circumstances of how and when they went into admin is a scandal but I didn't hear their fans moaning they had players they couldn't afford when they started winning.
    The Wigan situation has nothing to do with having players they couldn't afford so spending beyond their means leading to administration. What has happened there is a disgrace.
    How is having a wage bill at 168% of your income nothing to do with having players you can't afford?

Who were they paying the wages to?  The chairman's wife........ 
  • Options
    I think it's safe to assume at 5.15pm on a Friday that that the deafening silence from the Efl means they won't announce any points deduction for Wednesday this side of the season finishing. There will be cries and howls of anger but we all know the Efl don't give a fuck. Absolute shower of smelly stuff... 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

So i'd be amazed if they're not far off admin either.
    Good God, that’s outrageous.
    Not quite as outrageous as spending it all Luxury flats, Range Rovers, Interior designers and bitches....then complaining there's no money left to give to your mates!!
  • Options
    I'm convinced the EFL are waiting until 3 teams have already been relegated (so maybe by next weekend) before giving SW a meaningless punishment.
  • Options
    I think they will relegate them and that’s why they are waiting. 
  • Options
    Is it possible that they made the decision and are now dealing with appeal?

Maybe the rumour of administration was part of their subtle negotiation skills.
  • Options
    The next two weeks will be crucial...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Is it possible that they made the decision and are now dealing with appeal?

Maybe the rumour of administration was part of their subtle negotiation skills.
    We'd surely have heard if that was the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is unfair on the fans though. Surely an update as to when a decision is likely should be possible. Sheffield Wednesday fans are not to blame but they have been sweating on this for a long time in terms of expecting a decision. 
  • Options
    Why wait though? Can just order an automatic relegation right now to Wednesday and state only the bottom 2 will be relegated normally. 
  • Options
    Why wait though? Can just order an automatic relegation right now to Wednesday and state only the bottom 2 will be relegated normally. 
    If the EFL plan to relegate them outright, the delay might be because it is a punishment applied to a team after the season ends and, although highly unlikely, in theory Wednesday could still sneak into the playoffs, so if the EFL announce that they are relegated, there is an outside chance that they then get promoted on the pitch, which means the EFL will have made a judgement on a Premier League team, which I would imagine they have no jurisdiction to do.
    As soon as Cardiff, Swansea, Derby or Preston are 100% out of Wednesday’s reach, they could announce it.

If they issue a points deduction, that applies to this season, so could’ve been announced anytime.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    I believe they will wait until the end of the season to relegate Sheffield Weds as they would lose every game if announced now
  • Options
    If the EFL plan to relegate them outright, the delay might be because it is a punishment applied to a team after the season ends and, although highly unlikely, in theory Wednesday could still sneak into the playoffs, so if the EFL announce that they are relegated, there is an outside chance that they then get promoted on the pitch, which means the EFL will have made a judgement on a Premier League team, which I would imagine they have no jurisdiction to do.
    As soon as Cardiff, Swansea, Derby or Preston are 100% out of Wednesday’s reach, they could announce it.

If they issue a points deduction, that applies to this season, so could’ve been announced anytime.

Just a thought.
    They can only get 64 points which is currently sixth place. I would bet my house & everything I have to say that the teams currently in 6th  7th, 8th & 9th are going to get more more than that. I expect some are even playing against each other & therefore they cant all not get more than 64 points.

• Options
    edited July 2020

Just a thought.
    They can only get 64 points which is currently sixth place. I would bet my house & everything I have to say that the teams currently in 6th  7th, 8th & 9th are going to get more more than that. I expect some are even playing against each other & therefore they cant all not get more than 64 points.

Yeah, I’d bet my bottom dollar too. But it’s possible.
    For example, I just put a bunch of convenient results in to get this final table:

I did say it’s unlikely, but I would understand if the EFL wanted to be 100% sure.
  • Options
    I think the EFL relegating Wednesday and then keeping it hushed up for weeks on end sounds a bit optimistic.
  • Options

Just a thought.

Depends if anyone else goes into admin in the next 10 days, this could be a right house of cards. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me too. Like I said, it was just a thought.
    Jeez.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I believe they will wait until the end of the season to relegate Sheffield Weds as they would lose every game if announced now
    Yes it would distort things if they play the kids for the rest of the season or just go through the motions, seeing that they still have to play QPR, Huddersfield, Fulham and Boro

2 of those results could directly impact us
  • Options
    True, but you could argue the same for teams that are safe. 
  • Options

Just a thought.

For example, I just put a bunch of convenient results in to get this final table:

I did say it’s unlikely, but I would understand if the EFL wanted to be 100% sure.
    Pleased to see that your random results got us up to 15th!
    And Millwall get only 1 more point in their last 4 matches  :D
  • Options

Just a thought.

Pleased to see that your random results got us up to 15th!
    And Millwall get only 1 more point in their last 4 matches  :D
    I hope they get 3 today!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think the delay is down to the fact that the EFL is being stretched way beyond what it originally set out to do and represent the needs of its members.  I think there is a high level of incompetence at the EFL, but I also think there is a high level of incompetence at most of its member clubs and the system is breaking. 

Us, Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Sheffield Weds and God knows who else is yet to come out the woodwork.  

They don’t have the resources, the ability or the control to manage it anymore 
    Got a good point there. They also seem so stretched that they’ve forgotten about Derby, who I thought were being punished at the same time as Birmingham and Wednesday.