Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    if they get a 12 point reduction but finish more than 12 points outside the relegation zone then it's not a punishment at all. There is no prize money for final placings in the Championship so whether you finish 7th or 17th it matters not. The Wigan case seems more bizarre still to me. They finish 14 points clear of relegation zone, are deducted 12 points but stay up so effectively no punishment incurred. They get relegated normally and next season they start on -12 points, big punishment, may even mean another relegation.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:

This has come from Wayne Rooney as part of his ‘museum communications/player’ role for which 95% of his salary is for the communication element.
    If Derby get hit with a deduction, it will simply be referred to as ‘Wayne Rooney’s 12 point deduction’ 

The town of Derby will gradually be renamed Wayne Rooney and street names will be named after his loved ones 
    Rooney wouldn’t understand and think it’s a challenge called the Wayne Rooney 12 point rotation, trying to figure out how to go 360 degrees in exactly 12 points.

He’d fail every time.
  • Options
    I am assuming everything goes by precedent. 
    For example Bolton Wanderers had a points deduction for whatever reason so if others have the same(ish) reason they get a deduction otherwise it's not fair on Bolton Wanderers. 
  • Options
    if they get a 12 point reduction but finish more than 12 points outside the relegation zone then it's not a punishment at all. There is no prize money for final placings in the Championship so whether you finish 7th or 17th it matters not. The Wigan case seems more bizarre still to me. They finish 14 points clear of relegation zone, are deducted 12 points but stay up so effectively no punishment incurred. They get relegated normally and next season they start on -12 points, big punishment, may even mean another relegation.  
    I view it more as a consequence of going into administration and not a punishment. It means that the decision to do so cannot be made lightly whilst still giving the club a chance of recovery. I think it is one of the better things they have implemented.
    It looks a bit wrong at the moment with a club suffering an automatic deduction whilst clubs caught fiddling the books have all sorts of independent panels and appeal processes that can delay and reduce punishments to a nonsense.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I view it more as a consequence of going into administration and not a punishment. It means that the decision to do so cannot be made lightly whilst still giving the club a chance of recovery. I think it is one of the better things they have implemented.
    Yes, it's good that there's a set punishment whether it's Fulham or Accrington Stanley

It would be a legal minefield if you started skewing the punishment depending on where they are in the table, e.g. Wigan get a 15 point deduction, but Blackburn 20 points as they've currently got more points
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    They should just be relegated but, if that post is accurate and it’s a 12 point deduction now and a further 9 suspended to stop you being naughty boys again, then that’s ridiculous.  If you get caught cheating again after this, the penalty shouldn’t be less than the one you’ve just been given.  You should just be thrown out! 

As for a taxi firm firm with no taxis being a major sponsor, was Meire taking lessons from Chris Grayling?? 
    It explains why Meire got the Sheff W job.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind if we won our next 2 games and ensured safety, that we then lost to Wigan and that helped them stay up at Wednesday's expense.

Feel sorry for Wigan and their fans, whilst it's clear Wednesday have just blatantly tried to cheat, and still are cheating when you read about their sponsorship deals.

Would love Wigan to stay up and Wednesday drop. Will be pretty disappointed if the reverse happens, as Wednesday deserve to get relegated for this.
    I agree, but if we're honest it's no more the fault of Sheff W fans, than it is Wigan, Charlton or whoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To paraphrase Shakespeare ..... "There's something rotten in the state of Derby County".

• Options
    Wednesday into admin is the latest twitter rumour. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If there's any truth in that then another sign that professional football in England is in a terminal state.
    We will, I'm convinced, end up with 44 professional clubs - Prem 1 (20) and Prem 2 (24) - the other 48 will either revert to amateur status or go tits up.
  • Options

Garry Monk: Sheffield Wednesday boss frustrated by EFL charge verdict delay

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53362999
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Reading are in a bit of trouble too.

When their financial figures were released in April it showed that they lost £40m last year and spent £225 for every £100 of income on player wages. That is absolutely crazy.

So i'd be amazed if they're not far off FFP sanctions either.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

When their financial figures were released in April it showed that they lost £40m last year and spent £225 for every £100 of income on player wages. That is absolutely crazy.

So i'd be amazed if they're not far off admin either.
    Good God, that’s outrageous.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Well, that says that wages paid in full now so I doubt the administration rumour is true 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

They had a soft transfer embargo last summer for a while. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9316083/reading-soft-transfer-ban-championship-efl/
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Well, that says that wages paid in full now so I doubt the administration rumour is true 
    It depends a bit on how the owner reacts. He has put a huge amount of money in. Poorly spent IMO, but it would not surprise me if he just jacked it in. SW fans want him to go as well.

He can always sell the ground to a new owner as I understand that he owns that!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

They had a soft transfer embargo last summer for a while. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9316083/reading-soft-transfer-ban-championship-efl/
    Obviously didn't last long as they signed George Puscas for 8m in August.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    ross1 said:

It depends a bit on how the owner reacts. He has put a huge amount of money in. Poorly spent IMO, but it would not surprise me if he just jacked it in. SW fans want him to go as well.

Thats the real issue in all of these clubs, everything else is noisy irrelevance.  If you loose money hand over fist your existence is at the whim of someone else.  At some stage they are either going to run out of money, stop putting money in or sell to someone else. And repeat. 
  • Options
    Owls talk saying decision day is today.... All because Derby start their investigation next week...
    They're a right happy bunch! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Interestingly, Sheff Weds and Wigan were the next two highest after Reading (after Norwich and Villa were promoted) both £168 for every £100 of income.

The chart on page 12 of the Wigan thread has the info
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89355/wigan-have-gone-into-administration/p12
  • Options
    Play offs? I want straight promotion.
  • Options
    Owls talk saying decision day is today.... All because Derby start their investigation next week...
    They're a right happy bunch! 
    How's that for timing.

10 days from the season end, starting a hearing for a side that could reach the play offs!

At this rate their hearing will still be going by the time next season starts.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Interestingly, Sheff Weds and Wigan were the next two highest after Reading (after Norwich and Villa were promoted) both £168 for every £100 of income.

The chart on page 12 of the Wigan thread has the info
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89355/wigan-have-gone-into-administration/p12
    That's where I loose some sympathy for Wigan.  The circumstances of how and when they went into admin is a scandal but I didn't hear their fans moaning they had players they couldn't afford when they started winning.