Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    Went to 8 pubs from Saturday to Monday and all of them were observing social distancing. Didn’t seem too crowded, the ones that operated the most efficiently had their apps up and running, those that haven’t rolled them out were hit and miss in terms of service (including a 50 minute wait for someone up come & take our order at one). 

All in all a good experience and nice to have a piece of normal life back. Just have to wait and see if I get a call from the track & trace team to tell me I’ve now got to isolate for a fortnight! 
  • Options
    Coronavirus: Pubs close again after punters test positive for COVID-19
    http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

I wonder if we’ll see more of this?
    Also reading on same forum how impressed everyone is with what truly is a world beating track & trace system, that 2nd pub in the article has received a phone call Monday from a customer testing positive so presumably they had the test before/at the weekend to get the results Monday , they then had all their staff contacted & tested & shut the pub within around 12hr
    I’ve looked & can see no evidence of these claims so it would seem a lot of rumours/fake news around this.
    I was hoping if someone tested positive & they had been in the pub the official track n trace people would ring not a customer 
    If the positive result was received on Monday, then I presume that the test was taken before the weekend, so why was that person in a pub at the weekend?
    Maybe because they'd just had a regular routine test through work (such as someone at a football club) and werent displaying any symptoms. Who knows. 

Of course there are more than a few arseholes about, but generally I think people have been trying to do their best through all this. I was certainly expecting more arsehole like behaviour given that the rules/guidelines seem to be open to so much interpretation, or "instinct" if it suits some to use the word.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Went into two pubs over the weekend and in both the barmaid asked for my name and telephone number.

I've still got it baby!!   :D

Wish I could say the same. Gave my number to an hairy arsed bloke in an Hawaiian shirt.
    You've still got it.
  • Options
    Cheers, first pub pints since March. 
  • Options
    Coronavirus: Pubs close again after punters test positive for COVID-19
    http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

I wonder if we’ll see more of this?
    Also reading on same forum how impressed everyone is with what truly is a world beating track & trace system, that 2nd pub in the article has received a phone call Monday from a customer testing positive so presumably they had the test before/at the weekend to get the results Monday , they then had all their staff contacted & tested & shut the pub within around 12hr
    I’ve looked & can see no evidence of these claims so it would seem a lot of rumours/fake news around this.
    I was hoping if someone tested positive & they had been in the pub the official track n trace people would ring not a customer 
    If the positive result was received on Monday, then I presume that the test was taken before the weekend, so why was that person in a pub at the weekend?
    I know of someone who booked a test last Thursday and received the results on Friday. I don’t know if this is normal or if it takes longer over the weekend. I have not had the virus (unless a symptomatic) but if I’m guessing that it’s like any virus, you can feel it coming on slowly before it peaks. Unless the symptoms started on Sunday and if they did, I apologies to the people who I’m just about to rant about, but that’s a pretty selfish and scummy attitude. The pubs are open for the first time in 4 months, I’m showing symptoms but f**k everyone, I’m off for a pint!....... w*****s
  • Options
    Greyhound @Covered End ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    State of that table, no wiping down between customers there then, be careful what you touch.
    Elbows only. 
  • Options
    Cheers, first pub pints since March. 
    You should be boycotting The Greyhound.
  • Options
    I will shortly, another for the road. 
  • Options
    Yes. Bloke just bought 2 pints & has gone to the dentists opposite. Strange times. 
    Are they still there?
  • Options
    He's just come back. He's Swiss & reckons he's been stuck here since March. 
  • Options
    Shame, I'm just round the corner.
  • Options

Doing the "buying 2 pints as the other one is for my friend who hasn't turned up yet" trick I see  ;)
  • Options
    Shame, I'm just round the corner.
    Your not otherwise youd of been round there faster than a greyhound for them 2pints
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kinda off topic but I must say the decision today to pay 50% of people’s food bills in pubs & restaurants in august is about the stupidest thing they have done so far financially regarding COVID-19 measures, this will have the arse ripped out of it no end & is about as good to the public as the vat cut : fucking useless.
    Ive supported the gov as much as I can & appreciate that not all measures fit well for everyone one but these two measures will cost a bomb & have very little impact to the man (or woman!) on the street ,similar to the stamp duty deal. 
    Waste of time, money & effort.
  • Options
    Four months, in the same pub?
  • Options
    I need locals like that!!
  • Options
    Now that’s what I call a lockdown! :wink:
  • Options
    Kinda off topic but I must say the decision today to pay 50% of people’s food bills in pubs & restaurants in august is about the stupidest thing they have done so far financially regarding COVID-19 measures, this will have the arse ripped out of it no end & is about as good to the public as the vat cut : fucking useless.
    Ive supported the gov as much as I can & appreciate that not all measures fit well for everyone one but these two measures will cost a bomb & have very little impact to the man (or woman!) on the street ,similar to the stamp duty deal. 

Hi Spitfire, I have a friend who owns a couple of restaurants and he is really pleased with this decision, thinks it will give him a bit of a lifeline and help him through what is usually a quiet month.  He was also saying how shops around restaurants and pubs will benefit too because people will want to go out shopping and have a cheap meal whilst they're out.

I will certainly be eating out more in August (not that I'm a cheapskate or anything).  I really want to help out local businesses.

• Options

Hi Spitfire, I have a friend who owns a couple of restaurants and he is really pleased with this decision, thinks it will give him a bit of a lifeline and help him through what is usually a quiet month.  He was also saying how shops around restaurants and pubs will benefit too because people will want to go out shopping and have a cheap meal whilst they're out.

I will certainly be eating out more in August (not that I'm a cheapskate or anything).  I really want to help out local businesses.

Hi m8 I own a pub/restaurant too so can see an upside but this is far outweighed by the downside in that it’s not a great deal for the taxpayer & a great deal for restaurants & pubs with owners with no scruples that will rip the arse out of it.
    With so many people without basic necessities is what little money there is best spent on people eating out ? If they can afford the other 50% they are already a lot better off than some.
    This will be a cash grab for a lot of pub/restaurant owners.
  • Options

Isn't it limited to certain days of the week? It's the summer holidays so for me.might change the day of a meal out from later in the week. I am generally supportive of stimulus measures if well thought through. Think I preferred the mooted £500 voucher idea
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Isn't it limited to certain days of the week? It's the summer holidays so for me.might change the day of a meal out from later in the week. I am generally supportive of stimulus measures if well thought through. Think I preferred the mooted £500 voucher idea
    It’s mon,tues & Wednesdays so like you say you would have gone another day anyway without the offe but I suspect whatever day you visit you will have unwittingly claimed the 50% back
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

It’s mon,tues & Wednesdays so like you say you would have gone another day anyway without the offe but I suspect whatever day you visit you will have unwittingly claimed the 50% back
    Do you actually get paid back in full? Despite the kids, I love a meal out, so want to help independent businesses (and also franchises, they have bills to pay) recover
  • Options
    We will claim 50% of ur food (& soft drink) bill up to £10 per person so u spend £20 we get £10 back , u spend £10 we get £5 , u spend £30 we claim the £10 maximum