Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    the yacht in bexleyheath is opening from 6th july the woman that owns/runs it is a charlton fan although there is a palace barman who i always give stick to 

they are taking bookings only

a lot of pubs around islington are taking bookings ( tables of up to 12 for 3 hours ) and over 23s only on weekends. 
    Is it still the miserable woman that owns that? I know that her attitude turns a lot of people off going there and her son is also a strange one. It’s actually the closest pub to me but wouldn’t go there in a million years.
    Yeah it is her I merely mentioned she was a Charlton fan! She is a miserable one. 

Off the beaten track and one I don’t think will be as busy and they’ve just had a new beer garden installed, used to be called the coach house but now called the lord hill.

Will be giving pubs a breather for the 1st couple of weeks a better shout would probably be a ruby and some pints. 
  • Options
    I know they have been doing deliveries but micro pubs are surely going to be hit badly with this as they aren’t exactly spacious inside 
  • Options
    Unless they are in Leicester ....
  • Options
    Unless they are in Leicester ....
    From my experience a virus is the least of your worries if your in a pub in Leicester 
  • Options
    Was there some sort of lock in/beamback in the Yacht on Sat? Saw blokes in Charlton shirts heading in there just before kick off.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Was there some sort of lock in/beamback in the Yacht on Sat? Saw blokes in Charlton shirts heading in there just before kick off.

grass
    What?
  • Options
    Plod 
  • Options

Think we will see a lot more of this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve just had a chat with the guvnor of my local in West Hampstead.  It’s strictly table service. Maximum number is when all tables are filled. Have to enter through one door and exit through a 2nd door. Only one person in the bogs at a time. 
  • Options
    Leeds lockdown: Night marshals brought in as pubs reopen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53234667

• Options
    what could possibly go wrong with a 6am opening time.

albeit the weather looks shit tomorrow
  • Options
    has anyone actually booked a table at a pub tomorrow, I don't know a single person who fancies the hassle?
  • Options
    has anyone actually booked a table at a pub tomorrow, I don't know a single person who fancies the hassle?
    Same. Couldn’t think of anywhere worse.
  • Options
    I don't know anyone who has either.

My local not opening tomorrow....and no indication of when / if it will be.
  • Options
    SuedeAdidas said:
    I don't know anyone who has either.

My local not opening tomorrow....and no indication of when / if it will be.
    You in Bromley suede.
    Someone told me half the pubs are staying closed in Bromley tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what could possibly go wrong with a 6am opening time.

albeit the weather looks shit tomorrow
    Presumably to stop pubs opening at midnight tonight?
  • Options
    I’m opening earlier than planned so next Thursday for me .
    i normally seat 70 but initially I’m 35 rising to 45 once we r in the swing of things, staggered bookings so some tables will be used twice through the night my bookings are:
    Thursday 22 lunch 41 evening
    Friday 30 lunch 45 evening
    saturday 15 lunch 54 evening
    Sunday 60 lunch , 20 afternoon , 39 evening

considering we are still a week off I expect the lunch’s to fill up but I’m not taking anymore evening bookings.
    im mostly pensioners & they are gagging to get out , we have quite a few coming to have a look round to see what we have done on Wednesday for reassurance and a private dinner Wednesday night as a test
  • Options
    Yes mate - Just off New Street Hill. My local is Prince Frederick.
    Youve got a bit of distance between you and elfsborg then.
  • Options
    i normally seat 70 but initially I’m 35 rising to 45 once we r in the swing of things, staggered bookings so some tables will be used twice through the night my bookings are:

considering we are still a week off I expect the lunch’s to fill up but I’m not taking anymore evening bookings.
    im mostly pensioners & they are gagging to get out , we have quite a few coming to have a look round to see what we have done on Wednesday for reassurance and a private dinner Wednesday night as a test
    Hope all goes well next week Spitfire.
  • Options
    Probably been covered, but does anybody know of any pubs in the city that are open next week?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Probably been covered, but does anybody know of any pubs in the city that are open next week?
    Will it be worth them opening.
    No tourists , less than half the work force working up there and theatres and other things still closed.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Hope all goes well next week Spitfire.
    Cheers , tbh I’d rather not be opening at all but can’t get left behind once everyone else does , also quite a lot of anxiety over opening, not been around people for ages & not been away from the mrs & kids since it started.
    id hope people coming out will give a thought to those working as guests have made a choice to come out because they feel safe ready & comfortable to do so but many working don’t feel ready & are only there out of necessity, many measures in place will annoy people but they are annoying for us too & we are just trying to make the best of a bad situation. 
    The only thing motivating me to get open is to get trade back in order to sell up , with so much of the pubs value in its turnover it’s not worth a lot at all right now , I’ve got it on the market for 120k under it’s official valuation  but it will b a long while until I can justify even my valuation.
  • Options
    Massive difference with places that’s will have an easy system to order set up and a large outdoor area to sit, versus the traditional snug bar. 

I dont intend tend to spend any time propped up at the bar for a long time, but I’m not going to waste summer weather and the occasional opportunity to sit outside and have a pint with pals