Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• edited July 2020
    seth plum said:
    On the CAFC link it says overseas in Hungary can watch, along with places like Nederlands, Litchenstein, Vatican City, Cyprus, Moldova and others in Europe. As well as Hong Kong, Japan, Bangladesh and a whole published list of countries.

My friend who is both a season ticket holder and Valley Pass subscriber in Hungary cant watch via a match subscription and has indeed written off money in failing to do so previously. Neither can my friend in Japan, or Cyprus, or Hong Kong.
    I am pretty sure this has also been the experience of others too.
    Ah my bad, I thought it said that Hungary etc. were places where it couldnt be viewed

But thats saying those places are those that have rights to games, so Hungary will surely have its own version of Sky Sports etc. that'll show the game?
  • Yes.
    My problem is that signing up to new stuff is risky.
    I will look at your link.
    My VPN is Nord.
  • Quick look, but as far as I can tell I don't have a Now TV channel.
  • I  do not think there is a separate channel, you have to access through the internet on your computer or smart tv.
  • You download now tv. 
  • NowTV is your best bet if you're worried about signing up to new stuff as that's an official tool from Sky. 

You can also access it on games consoles and most plug in sticks such as firestick or on mobile and chromecast. 
  • Or download the app onto your laptop. 
  • Now TV is a television channel on the computer, not on the television?
  • edited July 2020
    seth plum said:
    Now TV is a television channel on the computer, not on the television?
    NowTV is a website/app/set top box offered by Sky to allow access via passes to either an Entertainment, Kids, Movies or Sports bundle.

You'd sign up to NowTV for free, then purchase the Sports pass and watch online/app/TV.
  • Thanks.
    You have to install the Now TV website on your computer for nothing.
    And after managing that, it will offer Charlton v Millwall for £10 which you buy with your credit card like buying a book from Amazon.
    I am rather hoping that is it in its entirety, and the Now TV website has a clear link to the Charlton v Millwall purchase.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    And after managing that, it will offer Charlton v Millwall for £10 which you buy with your credit card like buying a book from Amazon.
    I am rather hoping that is it in its entirety, and the Now TV website has a clear link to the Charlton v Millwall purchase.
    It's better than that.

1. Go here: https://www.nowtv.com/gb/sign-in
    2. Select Register
    3. Select '£9.99 Day pass' which lasts 24hours from activation 
    4. Pay
    5. Download the app for nothing here: https://www.nowtv.com/devices/windows/nowtvappdownload
    6. Wait til 19:30
    7. Go to the app
    8. Select a sports channel (This activates the pass so recommend doing it just before the game)
    9. Watch tonights game and all sky sports content until 19:30 tomorrow. 
  • Dazzler's advice above is spot on Seth. Unless there is anything you want to watch today before the south London jellied eel classico then don't activate it til late in the day as then you will get to watch lunchtime games etc tomorrow.

(It's 24 hours viewing from the moment you click "activate" rather than from when you register and pay which can be done as early as you like).

• Thank you all for your advice, information and offers of help.
    It is entirely my personal issue that when coming up against an invitation to 'register' I have misgivings and hesitation.
  • Any idea of the list of countries/ rules  you can't view it in is any different than from the Hull game?

went ahead and bought the match pass without bothering to check and got the stream fine in Spain, but that says dazn have the rights to the EFL games... Games they don't actually broadcast as it's just prem and fa cup.
  • I think it is different because of sky television. It will be a problem for the Birmingham game too.
  • @CL_Phantom
    If you have the match pass, go to the stream page (live.cafc.co.uk) and if the test page is shown, it should be okay.  
  • seth plum said:
    I think it is different because of sky television. It will be a problem for the Birmingham game too.
    Yeah, it's ironic. The games on TV are now the most difficult to watch on TV!
  • seth plum said:
    I think it is different because of sky television. It will be a problem for the Birmingham game too.
    That game isn't on Sky, is it?
  • Errrm.
    I need to check.
    I thought it was.
  • I think it is on sky at 6pm on Wednesday July 15th
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    Just gonna say when I gave up on the valley pass nonsense I bought the nowtv sports package for a month at £25. So I’ll get tonight’s game and hopefully one other Charlton game when they announce the last batch which is comparable to 2x games costs on cacky pass and I get a shit ton of premier league as well. Happy with that...
  • seth plum said:
    I think it is on sky at 6pm on Wednesday July 15th
    Nah its just the Millwall game that is being shown by SKY, Birmingham and Brentford games have been moved to 6pm for same reason as Cardiff the other day

Although that may change seeing that SKY have only got a handful of Championship games up until 12th July at present
  • edited July 2020
    Championship fixtures added by Sky Sports yesterday:
    Fri July 10: Huddersfield vs Luton - 6pm
    Fri July 10: Fulham vs Cardiff - 8.15pm
    Sat July 11: Derby vs Brentford - 12.30pm
    Sun July 12: Swansea vs Leeds - 1.30pm

So presuming still a chance for us to be picked up for Birmingham, Wigan or Leeds game.
  • edited July 2020
    seth plum said:
    Seth, it's not showing on the list of games here, although it seems they've not confirmed any telly games after the 13th of July yet.
    As previously mentioned elsewhere, what you could do is get a month pass for £34 (£25 if you can get the special offer Fumbluff mentioned). That allows you to log in on several different devices, so as long as you don't mind sharing your login details with a friend or family member, then you can go halves and cut the cost down to £17 (£12.50 with the special offer). Given that we're almost certainly going to be on the telly for the Leeds game, cos it's Leeds, that'll be cheaper than buying 2 day passes, and means that you or your friend can watch the other games in between as well. Just make sure you remember to cancel it once the season's over.
  • seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    You should have access to Sky sports channels for 24 hours from when you pay and log in which will include our game on Sky Sports Football.
  • I got mixed up regarding Birmingham by conflating TV games with changed kick off times announcements.
    Sorry if I caused confusion.
  • aliwibble said:
    seth plum said:
    Seth, it's not showing on the list of games here, although it seems they've not confirmed any telly games after the 13th of July yet.
    As previously mentioned elsewhere, what you could do is get a month pass for £34 (£25 if you can get the special offer Fumbluff mentioned). That allows you to log in on several different devices, so as long as you don't mind sharing your login details with a friend or family member, then you can go halves and cut the cost down to £17 (£12.50 with the special offer). Given that we're almost certainly going to be on the telly for the Leeds game, cos it's Leeds, that'll be cheaper than buying 2 day passes, and means that you or your friend can watch the other games in between as well. Just make sure you remember to cancel it once the season's over.
    Thanks for this. My usual approach is to go on a magic carpet to Germany and watch games for £5.
    We are in a new normal.
  • aliwibble said:
    seth plum said:
    You don't even have to wait that long, just cancel once activated and it'll end one month from that date. 
  • seth plum said:
    Thanks.
    If you have anything like an Amazon stick plugged into the back of your tele, you can download the NowTV app onto the stick. That means you’ll be able to stream the game via the TV & you can watch it as you would normally.

Obviously if you’re fine watching via a PC then there’s no need for the added complication.
  • Lately we have had the game on the computer but managed to cast the game onto the smart tv downstairs.
    The timing this evening means that wouldn't be fair on Mrs Plum.
    For anybody technical it is from an imac upstairs to a sony bravia downstairs.