Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    If Hull win, Luton can’t catch us because of goal difference.

If Luton win, Hull can’t catch us because of goal difference.

At that point, assuming we don’t win at Leeds, we’re hoping Wigan can’t beat Fulham or the winner of today’s game doesn’t get a better result than us in midweek.

A Charlton win makes everything else irrelevant.
  • Options
    We do not want Cardiff to win today unless Millwall or Swansea do - otherwise they will have play offs safe against Hull
  • Options
    Cardiff beating boro
  • Options
    Looks like Hull have perked up since their 8-0 drubbing. SSN saying their playing well. 
  • Options
    Isn’t a Hull win better for us now? 
    100% yes. If it happens I predict that's us safe
    Bold statement that.... I like it!! 
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what results we want now, cos I’m confused and I don’t know who to cheer for. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Final day:

Even if Luton or Hull win

The winner would need at least a draw if we lose against Leeds. 

Wigan also need to beat Fulham who could clinch automatic promotion if Fulham win and results go their way.

If Charlton beat Leeds, we stay up. 

If we draw against Leeds we stay up if wigan/luton/hull fail to win

If all three lose, we stay up regardless of our result 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    reserves said:
    Can someone tell me what results we want now, cos I’m confused and I don’t know who to cheer for. 
    Hull v Luton = Draw OR Hull win

Seeing that Blackburn are despatching Reading at the moment I guess a Luton win wont matter either as looks like Blackburn arent on holiday
  • Options
    reserves said:
    Millwall to match what Cardiff do
    Luton to not win.
    Sheff Weds to get a hiding off Fulham
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If Boro lose and Hull or Luton win, 

Boro could still get relegated on final day, if we win and hull/luton win

Actually scrap that hull and Luton have awful gd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall 1-0 down
  • Options
    Hull 0-0 Luton
  • Options
    If Boro lose and Hull or Luton win, 

Boro could still get relegated on final day, if we win and hull/luton win

Actually scrap that hull and Luton have awful gd
    ......and also whoever loses today from Hull/Luton would be below them along with Wigan and Barnsley.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Millwall losing 

Cardiff nothing to play for on Wednesday if it stays like this. 

But might want to keep the momentum going into the play offs if that score stays that way
  • Options
    Millwall losing 

But might want to keep the momentum going into the play offs if that score stays that way
    They can still finish 5th
  • Options
    Millwall losing 

If Cardiff win on the last day and Nottm Forest dont then they'll face Fulham as things stand, they might prefer that to playing Brentford

You saw what happened with us on the last day last season
  • Options
    Millwall losing 

If Cardiff win on the last day and Nottm Forest dont then they'll face Fulham as things stand, they might prefer that to playing Brentford

If Forest beat Barnsley tomorrow they will seal 5th spot barring a wild goal difference swing on the last day.
  • Options
    Millwall losing 

If Forest beat Barnsley tomorrow they will seal 5th spot barring a wild goal difference swing on the last day.
    I still think all four Play-Off teams will want to go into the Play-Offs with form and no defeats behind them though

I think its extremely risky for a team to rest players ahead of them as you need momentum
  • Options
    Swansea can still catch Cardiff 3 points behind
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Both on the same Goal Difference ideally want Swansea to get a few more today

Cardiff wont be able to sit back if they get a goal against Hull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall losing 

The way this league is, it wouldn't surprise me if Barnsley win that game...

Forest aren't playing well for a start, and there have been so many shock results recently
  • Options
    Mike said:

If they’re on the same goal difference now then Swansea are guaranteed to go above Cardiff if they win and the Bluebirds lose.
  • Options
    Mike said:

If they’re on the same goal difference now then Swansea are guaranteed to go above Cardiff if they win and the Bluebirds lose.
    Duh!!... Well its 2-0 to Cardiff
  • Options
    Assuming Barnsley don’t win both of their remaining games:

A Hull Luton draw means there are three teams needing a win to go above us (Wigan, Luton, Hull) = four teams fighting to avoid two relegation spots.

A win for either means one team gone based on GD, so three teams fighting to avoid one relegation spot, one of whom could overtake us with a draw.

I’m not really sure which is the better scenario...

Ultimately we just need to batter Leeds 1-0 and we’ll be safe as houses (not a house selling analogy)
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Assuming Barnsley don’t win both of their remaining games:

A Hull Luton draw means there are three teams needing a win to go above us (Wigan, Luton, Hull) = four teams fighting to avoid two relegation spots.

A win for either means one team gone based on GD, so three teams fighting to avoid one relegation spot, one of whom could overtake us with a draw.

I’m not really sure which is the better scenario...

Ultimately we just need to batter Leeds 1-0 and we’ll be safe as houses (not a house selling analogy)
    Anything but a Luton win would do that's for sure. A point against Leeds Wednesday and we're safe. 
  • Options
    It will be what it will be. 

All I know is that it's in our own hands & even a draw should do. 
  • Options
    It will be what it will be. 

All I know is that it's in our own hands & even a draw should do. 
    You unnerve me at times
  • Options
    And when you say teams that are safe will just roll over......QPR are beating Millwall 4-2 and Reading who were 3-1 down away to Blackburn are now drawing 3-3.

Nothing in this League is predictable & teams that are "on the beach" can still upset the apple cart.
  • Options
    Luton winning
  • Options
    Luton winning
    oh no here we go