Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Fulham can still get automatic or if that fails will want momentum for the playoffs. Surely Wigan can’t beat them. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The late Bonne goal today could be crucial. 
  • Options
    Straight forward now.

If Wigan don’t  beat Fulham or overturn their 12 point penalty, Charlton stay up unless they lose about 15 nil at Leeds.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Straight forward now.

If Wigan don’t  beat Fulham or overturn their 12 point penalty, Charlton stay up unless they lose about 15 nil at Leeds.
    So long as Barnsley lose or draw tomorrow.. 

• Options
    Go and win at Leeds and we are safe. No reason why we can’t win on Wednesday 
  • Options
    Think most of us would have taken this last day scenario if offered before the restart, I would have.
  • Options
    I’m confident of a point, but I can see Wigan and Luton both winning. 
    I can't. Luton maybe, but for Wigan to beat Fulham is a tall order
  • Options
    I seem to remember us losing our last game at home the year we won the championship
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the end of the day these are professional footballers, many of whom will want to appear in the premiership next season, or will have new contracts to play for, and this will be there last chance for them to impress.

I do not think this game will be a rollover at all. But Bowyer, as he always does, will set us up to compete. 
    The Leeds players will be professional of course BUT will they have that extra bit of desire that we should have? They won't want to miss the first PL game through a suspension for example
  • Options
    No reason why Blackburn won’t do a job on Wednesday. Finish as up high as possible and push on for next season. Blackburn are good at this level and wouldn’t want to play them on the final day.
  • Options
    Players will want to prove that they deserve a place in the Blackburn team too

Leeds will ultimately do the same

With the amount of players out of contract due to COVID this season, now is the time for players to truly show that they deserve a new deal if their current one is running down etc.
  • Options
    Suppose we'll see tomorrow when Leeds play if it's possible for teams whose seasons are done to be "on the beach already".

Although there's pretty recent history between Leeds and Derby so we might be going to Elland Road not having a clue.
  • Options
    If Charlton and Luton both win Birmingham, Boro and Hudders could still be relegated its so so tight, 

Nobody is safe
    Please tell me we can still make the play offs? 
    Sorry Stern John was too busy for this years play offs.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I seem to remember us losing our last game at home the year we won the championship
    we lost the last 2, 1 home and 1 away after we'd secured the title
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    rina said:
    Chunes said:
    we lost the last 2, 1 home and 1 away after we'd secured the title
    Yep. So there's hope!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Suppose we'll see tomorrow when Leeds play if it's possible for teams whose seasons are done to be "on the beach already".

Although there's pretty recent history between Leeds and Derby so we might be going to Elland Road not having a clue.
    I'd prefer to play Leeds tomorrow rather than Wednesday, as the news of their promotion would have been a massive shock to them today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the BBC match report after Sheff Weds lost to Foolham:

"Wednesday boss Garry Monk has previously said "it makes no sense" that the club are still waiting for a verdict over a charge of misconduct.

While there remains uncertainty off the pitch, the Yorkshire club's on-field exertions have earned them eight points from a possible 24 since the Championship's restart to keep them clear of relegation trouble."

Doesn't seem the Weds manager knows the verdict yet?

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I think 46 points will be enough to stay up this season assuming Wigan get the points deducted.
    You think we'll stay up even if we lose all our remaining games? No chance.
    So you think Barnsley and Luton will get more than 46. I don’t.
    I'm 99% certain Barnsley or Luton will get more than 46.
    Basically, you're saying Charlton need one point, to definitely be safe.
    I'd say you have a 10% chance of being correct.
    Sorry Redrobo, I kept an eye out, as I couldn't believe we'd survive on 46.
  • Options
    If Charlton and Luton both win Birmingham, Boro and Hudders could still be relegated its so so tight, 

Nobody is safe
    Please tell me we can still make the play offs? 

Only if Cardiff, Forest and Swansea gets a 12 points deduction.

• Options
    Disastrous Luton winning. So near and yet so far the last two games. 
    Not at all. Now we know Hull can't catch us barring a 16 goal swing on Wednesday, so as long as we equal Luton's result against Blackburn or Wigan fail to beat Fulham we're safe. It's one less result to worry about to be honest.
    Sorry but Hull are rubbish and would never have got anything at Cardiff.  Now Luton and Wigan win and we draw we are down. 

I think Fulham are our only hope. Personally think Wigan will win and Luton will better our result. Here's hoping Wednesday get a 12 points deduction. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I think 46 points will be enough to stay up this season assuming Wigan get the points deducted.
    I said I think 46 points will be enough to stay up assuming Wigan got their 12 point deduction. I also said I thought we would get more than that.

I didn’t think Wigan would do as well as they have and Luton have have had some outrageous results. Barnsley and Hull still haven’t got there and Wigan are on that with their points deducted so I don’t think my guess was as wildly out as the 10% chance you gave me, and if SW get the deduction they deserve I may end up right - but with no credit to me!

Did you think the points would be so low with one game to go?

• Options
    We will get a point at Leeds. Lots of connections. Safe as houses
  • Options
    Disastrous Luton winning. So near and yet so far the last two games. 
    Not at all. Now we know Hull can't catch us barring a 16 goal swing on Wednesday, so as long as we equal Luton's result against Blackburn or Wigan fail to beat Fulham we're safe. It's one less result to worry about to be honest.
    Sorry but Hull are rubbish and would never have got anything at Cardiff.  Now Luton and Wigan win and we draw we are down. 

I think Fulham are our only hope. Personally think Wigan will win and Luton will better our result. Here's hoping Wednesday get a 12 points deduction. 
    Who the took the jam out of your doughnut!? Jesus! QPR had nothing to play for this week and they should have beat Luton! I watched the game! Blackburn are a good side! 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I said I think 46 points will be enough to stay up assuming Wigan got their 12 point deduction. I also said I thought we would get more than that.

I didn’t think Wigan would do as well as they have and Luton have have had some outrageous results. Barnsley and Hull still haven’t got there and Wigan are on that with their points deducted so I don’t think my guess was as wildly out as the 10% chance you gave me, and if SW get the deduction they deserve I may end up right - but with no credit to me!

Did you think the points would be so low with one game to go?

Yes you said 46 points would be enough.
    I don't think anyone agreed.

As it stands Wigan would be relegated even though they already have 46 points, (including 12 point deduction), with a game to go.

Wigan, Luton & Barnsley were all in good form & picking up results, which is why no one agreed.

I thought we'd need 51 to be certain & possibly less.

I suppose that's still holds true, because if we beat Leeds we will have 51 & will be certain of escape.

I can't help thinking Luton may win & end on 51, so Wigan will need to beat Fulham & if they do we'll need to win as well.

Let's hope either Wigan or Luton lose or Sheff W get docked 20 points. 

• Options
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight