Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    He was being sarcastic. 
  • Options
    RichyB said:
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    Do you not realise how stupid that sounds ? 
    Why does it bother you so much ? 
    The previous poster had posted an inane comment which was incredibly stupid.
  • Options
    He was being sarcastic. 
    My apologies i have edited my post
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    So ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Gillis said:

Just watching match of the day.....

You're not well, are you.
  • Options
    Bielsa said the changes he made for today's game were necessary because the players who beat Barnsley had gone through a mentally draining experience. - Yorkshire Post.

I think we'll be playing a stronger Leeds team on Wednesday. Here's hoping Luton, Barnsley, Birmingham and Wigan all lose as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Even though it's been explained that he was being sarcastic, people still do not understand. 
  • Options
    Bielsa's 100th game in charge on Wednesday and he can break Revie's season points total. 
  • Options
    Bielsa's 100th game in charge on Wednesday and he can break Revie's season points total. 
    Noooo, don’t want to hear that 
  • Options
    No pressure then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Noooo, don’t want to hear that 
    Noooo Charlton only win against top teams,
    we throw valuable points away against average teams,...and our lack of taking chances over the last 8 games sadly could be our downfall 👎
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    My guess is....
    Leeds defeat Charlton 2-0 (we are the only club in then division with no wins in the last 6, going up against the best club on the road)
    Brentford beats Barnsley 2-1 (after Brentford's defeat, they must win to have a chance at  automatic promotion, so they will play all-out)
    Wigan beat Fulham at home 2-0 (Wigan have 3 wins and a draw in their last 5 and a win secures safety, at home, so I doubt they flub it)
    Cardiff draw Hull 1-1 (Cardiff secure top 6 with a win or draw)
    Luton beat Blackburn 1-0 ( Luton at home, only one loss in their last 6, Blackburn have nothing to play for)
    Most of the teams around us finish at home. We are on the road against the best team. Ugh.
    Final Standings Prediction
    20. Luton 51pts
    21. Wigan 49pts (after 12pt deduction)
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

• Options
    No way Hull will get anything at Cardiff mate. We fluked it, but they are pony.
  • Options
    My guess is....
    Leeds defeat Charlton 2-0 (we are the only club in then division with no wins in the last 6, going up against the best club on the road)
    Brentford beats Barnsley 2-1 (after Brentford's defeat, they must win to have a chance at  automatic promotion, so they will play all-out)
    Wigan beat Fulham at home 2-0 (Wigan have 3 wins and a draw in their last 5 and a win secures safety, at home, so I doubt they flub it)
    Luton beat Blackburn 1-0 ( Luton at home, only one loss in their last 6, Blackburn have nothing to play for)
    Most of the teams around us finish at home. We are on the road against the best team. Ugh.
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

Like they didn't yesterday as well
  • Options
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

We would still stay up I reckon as Wednesday will get deducted 12+ points.  I am totally relaxed.

In addition Fulham are unbeaten for ages, have improved as post lockdown has gone on, need a win in the off chance of auto's and have the leagues top scorer.
  • Options
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

Sheff Wed?
  • Options
    I do not think it will be so easy for Wigan to beat Fulham, if Fulham win they could finish in the top 2
  • Options
    Fulham need to win - they still have a chance of automatic. 
  • Options
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

Wigan don't get the deduction unless it relegates them. If your predictions are right then they finish on 61 pts and start next season on -12
  • Options
    The only thing less palatable than going down after Wednesday's games was when we were going down via PPG. 

Given how much the league table has changed since the restart I hope they never use PPG as a way to deal with things if a season is paused in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

Wigan don't get the deduction unless it relegates them. If your predictions are right then they finish on 61 pts and start next season on -12
    No they don’t.
  • Options
    Even though it's been explained that he was being sarcastic, people still do not understand. 
    #sarcasticquotesmatter
  • Options
    Nice to see the Leeds players celebrating on the pitch today with a couple of bottles of champagne. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Nice to see the Leeds players celebrating on the pitch today with a couple of bottles of champagne. 
    Yeah they really need to ‘drink’ in their promotion, it’s a huge achievement, these things don’t  come around too often.
  • Options
    rina said:
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

I thought the deduction was only applied next year if they finished in the bottom 3 this season.
  • Options

I think it must be the stress of the relentless relegation battle. :)

• Options
    Gillis said:

I think it must be the stress of the relentless relegation battle. :)

Gillis apologies, it went completely over my head.🤦🏻‍♂️  
  • Options
    I hope Hull stay up.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Are we saying Barnsley, Luton and Wigan wouldn’t swap to be in our position?
  • Options
    My guess is....
    20. Luton 51pts
    22. Charlton 48pts
    23. Barnsley 46pts
    24. Hull 46pts

Thank god this is just an opinion and a fact 😂😂👎👎