Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Personally believe the Birmingham equaliser practically relegated us.
  • Options
    Bonne will get two more Goals at Leeds and we will win 2-1 👍👍👍🍷🍷🍷
    come on you reds !!
  • Options
    Personally believe the Birmingham equaliser practically relegated us.
    I think so too
  • Options
    reserves said:
    Are we saying Barnsley, Luton and Wigan wouldn’t swap to be in our position?
    League position they’d swap but definitely not the fixtures. Away to the Champions is as hard a fixture as you can get. 

I really fancy Luton at home to Blackburn, and it wouldn’t shock me if Wigan beat Fulham. 

Squeaky bum time. 
  • Options
    reserves said:
    Are we saying Barnsley, Luton and Wigan wouldn’t swap to be in our position?
    League position they’d swap but definitely not the fixtures. Away to the Champions is as hard a fixture as you can get. 

I really fancy Luton at home to Blackburn, and it wouldn’t shock me if Wigan beat Fulham. 

Squeaky bum time. 
    Exactly. Think we’ll struggle to be out of the bottom 3 after this final round. Brum finished us. 
  • Options
    We didnt look overly finished on Saturday
  • Options
    if we had won against Birmingham we would have had 2 more points and would still need to get something at Leeds.
    our possible saviours come from Blackburn and Fulham.

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    if we had won against Birmingham we would have had 2 more points and would still need to get something at Leeds.

Had we beaten Birmingham then we'd now be five clear of Wigan and Barnsley would have to win (AND overhaul a serious amount of GD to get ahead of us)
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Had we beaten Birmingham then we'd now be five clear of Wigan and Barnsley would have to win (AND overhaul a serious amount of GD to get ahead of us)
    But we didn’t. We go again and fight to the end. The fat lady ain’t even started warming up yet. Still all to play for and we are better than the teams below us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1968CAFC said:

1968CAFC said:

Wigan and Barnsley?????
       If Luton lose and Fulham win makes more sense.
       Our GD is the best by far already in the bottom 6
  • Options

Brentford will beat Barnsley
    👍
  • Options
    Wow . It’s amazing how some people  still don’t get how league tables work .
  • Options
       It’s amazing how many so called fans don’t think
       We have any chance of staying up.
       How many times have Leeds beaten us in the last
       12 meetings ? Check it out so you know 😂😂👍
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    1968CAFC said:

But we didn’t. We go again and fight to the end. The fat lady ain’t even started warming up yet. Still all to play for and we are better than the teams below us. 
    Yeah I know... Just pointing out it would have been slightly different as none ot Wigan - Barnsley - Hull would have caught us, meaning we wouldn't need to get something at Leeds
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    But surely Leeds will want to cap off their great season with a celebration victory in front of a packed and joyful Elland Road.

Oh :-)

That’s the only smidgeon of comfort I can take from Leeds winning promotion. It gives me slight relief that their horrible, delusional, supporters will miss out on packing out Elland Road, giving it all that ‘Champions of Europe’ bollocks, hyped up on cheap booze and an arrogant sense of entitlement.  Hope it pisses them off for years to come.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    But surely Leeds will want to cap off their great season with a celebration victory in front of a packed and joyful Elland Road.

That’s the only smidgeon of comfort I can take from Leeds winning promotion. It gives me slight relief that their horrible, delusional, supporters will miss out on packing out Elland Road, giving it all that ‘Champions of Europe’ bollocks, hyped up on cheap booze and an arrogant sense of entitlement.  Hope it pisses them off for years to come.
    Champions of Europe 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    when they start playing real premiership teams
    they could easily become yet another Norwich City.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    IdleHans said:

Champions of Europe 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    when they start playing real premiership teams
    they could easily become yet another Norwich City.
    They were never champions anyway🤷🏻‍♂️
    Runners up in 1975
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

I can see their supporters turning up & trying to get in.......thus forcing  the match to be abandoned.

• Options
    All we need is a point. Park the bus.......play 3 goalkeepers....anything  !!

Joking btw - I'd much prefer trying to score & win the game than to hold out for a draw 
    A point! How do you work that out? If Luton win, we'll be in the bottom 3. 
    I don't count Wigan in this. They haven't been deducted any points and it's quite possible that they never will, for this season anyway.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    We really do have some of the most negative fans! We are in the driving seat! Other teams have to win....we don’t! We may even still win, we may draw.....it may be enough! We may bloody lose.....it may be enough! If we go down, we go down! It’s certainly been entertaining! 
        TOP man 👍
        You are right we do have a lot of negative fans 
        We are in the Driving seat and with a guy like 
        Lee Bowyer behind us we have a great chance
        Of staying Up.
        As you say what ever will be will be, and Taylor 
        Can go Fuck himself after not standing by his 
        Team mates and his manager.👎
  • Options
    RichyB said:
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    Do you not realise how stupid that sounds ? 
    Why does it bother you so much ? 
    Isn't Gary Lineker white?
  • Options
    20 mins in wba 3-0 up and the news filters through to Brentford and Fulham and they know it’s all over so protect their better players and Brentford win but Fulham lose 
  • Options
    We're down. I can't see anyway out of it for us. 
  • Options
    All of a sudden our negativity makes people think
    that Luton and Barnsley are world champions 
    instead of struggling teams about to take on better teams, and nobody give us a change.
    utter Bollocks all of it !!
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    All of a sudden our negativity makes people think
    that Luton and Barnsley are world champions 
    instead of struggling teams about to take on better teams, and nobody give us a change.
    utter Bollocks all of it !!
    Yeah I know Luton / Barnsley are in better form but we pretty much pissed on Wigan's "form" on Saturday

Those two have been down the bottom near enough all season, there is a reason for that
  • Options
    We're down. I can't see anyway out of it for us. 
    Let me help you 

• Options
    Luton and Barnsley will have confidence to go and win the last game in my opinion. 

We need at least a point at Leeds 

Kinda has a last season feel about it but from a Sunderland perspective, they were never confident, and we was %100 confident eg we won the playoffs

With the mood on here I would probably put us as relegation favorites. 

But this last game is going to be an emotional Rollercoaster 
    Not after the Wigan match. Feel we have a decent chance now, and the players will think that too I reckon.