Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    We're down. I can't see anyway out of it for us. 
    Well in that case at odds of 11/4 i am sure you are putting loads of money on, because if you cant see a way out of it then surely its a guaranteed winner for u  :#  :#
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It’s understandable that people are nervous and are not sure where we stand but you just Just have to look at our odds of surviving with the  bookies and they are much better than Hull , Barnsley and Wigan and how often are they wrong ? 

If you don’t think they are right then have a bet on us to go down and more than treble  your money at 4.1 on the betfair exchange 
  • Options
    Any Charlton supporter even contemplating betting on us to go down should be taken out at dawn and given ninety harsh lashes.
  • Options
    I've a suspicion that our game will end in a bore draw, which would take Barnsley out of the equation.

As for the Wigan game, I'm pretty sure Fulham won't want to lose. They're on a nice run of form at the moment

Blackburn may be relaxed versus Luton, but that might help them as they have goalscorers in their team - 64 goals this season
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    Wtf
  • Options
    Is it Thursday yet ..... ?

• Options
    Bielsa said the changes he made for today's game were necessary because the players who beat Barnsley had gone through a mentally draining experience. - Yorkshire Post.

I think we'll be playing a stronger Leeds team on Wednesday. Here's hoping Luton, Barnsley, Birmingham and Wigan all lose as well.
    Their reserves looked better than their first team yesterday!
  • Options

The reason everyone is nervous is the above , we are shit and I’m pretty sure every form table back a while will have us and Hull languishing near the bottom, the two outstandingly shit sides in the league .
    We were prolly heading down , pre lockdown suspension of the league, with Hull and one other But we have a chance of survival.
    Without a doubt our miracle start has given us a brilliant chance and we’ve had opportunities to reach safety but our inability to score and hold on to a lead against the current shittest of the lot Birmingham (could we have asked for shitter opponents to give us an opportunity for survival ) means we now have the best of the bunch to give ourselves the opportunity for survival .
    We will prolly need to rely on others to keep us up because we have been inept in the first place to end up down here in this pile of shit   given the head start we had from our beginning to the season.
    We have been dealt a shit hand by the footballing gods but they smiled upon us at the beginning of the season and you reap what you sow or we reap what our clown ownerships have produced.
    wherever we finish is where we will deserve to finish for the season as a whole (state the obvious) but since the turn of the year we have been out of our depth,  so should we get out of this we will need drastic surgery to make sure we are not relegated by Easter next season .
    In Scott Parker we trust ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes we may go down, yes we may stay up by the skin of our teeth, no point in running up the white flag before we’ve even kicked off.

We need a well thought through plan from Lee and Jacko, executed to absolute perfection by the players, and a dose of good fortune in other games, but I’m not banking on other teams doing us favours.

Yes I must get those splinters in my backside looked at from sitting on the fence.
  • Options

The reason everyone is nervous is the above , we are shit and I’m pretty sure every form table back a while will have us and Hull languishing near the bottom, the two outstandingly shit sides in the league .
    We were prolly heading down , pre lockdown suspension of the league, with Hull and one other But we have a chance of survival.
    Without a doubt our miracle start has given us a brilliant chance and we’ve had opportunities to reach safety but our inability to score and hold on to a lead against the current shittest of the lot Birmingham (could we have asked for shitter opponents to give us an opportunity for survival ) means we now have the best of the bunch to give ourselves the opportunity for survival .
    We will prolly need to rely on others to keep us up because we have been inept in the first place to end up down here in this pile of shit   given the head start we had from our beginning to the season.
    We have been dealt a shit hand by the footballing gods but they smiled upon us at the beginning of the season and you reap what you sow or we reap what our clown ownerships have produced.
    wherever we finish is where we will deserve to finish for the season as a whole (state the obvious) but since the turn of the year we have been out of our depth,  so should we get out of this we will need drastic surgery to make sure we are not relegated by Easter next season .
    In Scott Parker we trust ;-)
    That is damning looking at the Birmingham game. Only one draw and it’s from us. Jesus.

Although the top three form teams are Leeds (uh oh), Fulham and Brentford (good). Sadly the fourth are Wigan. It’s gonna be a hairy one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hull have been a joke in 19 games they went from 8th to relegation zone and amassed 6 points. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    hull have been a joke in 19 games they went from 8th to relegation zone and amassed 6 points. 
    Deserved after they were stupid enough to sell Bowen and Grosiki on the last day of the transfer window

Shudder to think how we'd have done at the Kcom with some of the chances they wasted had Bowen been on the end of them
  • Options
    - Set piece goal v the team lower than us in form table

- Awful equaliser against the team bottom of the form table to provide them their only point in 18 games. 

= What will be, will be.
  • Options
    If we weren't Charlton fans i'm sure we would all think Hull, Barnsley & Wigan are down
  • Options
    Except the teams in 3rd and 4th chasing promotion winning their games? 
  • Options
    If we weren't Charlton fans i'm sure we would all think Hull, Barnsley & Wigan are down
    Fair point actually. Just bitten too many times. 
  • Options
    Except the teams in 3rd and 4th chasing promotion winning their games? 
    This is what I’m clinging to
  • Options
    Feel more relaxed today, we know what we need to do, we've had multiple opportunities to secure our status. I hope Lee go after Leeds a lot like Barnsley did the other night.

Will be very nerve wrecking and in truth a horrible experience. But win lose or draw, championship league 1. I'll be there next season supporting Charlton. 

These last few weeks especially have been nothing short of hell. Will be a a relieve when it's over. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will get a point at Leeds. Lots of connections. Safe as houses
    A few weeks ago I was saying 53 or even 54 points were needed to stay up. Now 50 will do. Crazy.

FWIW I reckon we'll stay up. Wigan wont beat Fulham.

Ps.

I didn't think that both WBA and Brentford  would lose this week either.  Ooops.
    48 will do if results fall for us.
  • Options
    Feel more relaxed today, we know what we need to do, we've had multiple opportunities to secure our status. I hope Lee go after Leeds a lot like Barnsley did the other night.

Will be very nerve wrecking and in truth a horrible experience. But win lose or draw, championship league 1. I'll be there next season supporting Charlton. 

These last few weeks especially have been nothing short of hell. Will be a a relieve when it's over. 
    It's never over with us...theres no relief! Just pain.... until the white knights of Varney and Barclay come riding over the hill to save us! 
  • Options

It's never over with us...theres no relief! Just pain.... until the white knights of Varney and Barclay come riding over the hill to save us! 
    Well I was feeling more relaxed. Now Im letting out logs again. 
  • Options

My bad... Feeling crap today and not sure what to watch, if anything, on Wednesday. I know I don't want to watch us... But the thought of watching sky sports with those bunch of twonks shouting and screaming is not doing it... Probably watch Titanic with the Wife... 😭
  • Options

My bad... Feeling crap today and not sure what to watch, if anything, on Wednesday. I know I don't want to watch us... But the thought of watching sky sports with those bunch of twonks shouting and screaming is not doing it... Probably watch Titanic with the Wife... 😭
    I might go for something a little more light hearted. Maybe The Truman show. 
  • Options
    We struggle against struggling and bang average sides, all season we've performed better against bigger teams, most likely because they don't sit back 

Leeds have no reason to sit back, they have nothing to play for and nobody in that squad will want to get injured.

Now is the best time to play Leeds, they won't give %100
  • Options
    Any Charlton supporter even contemplating betting on us to go down should be taken out at dawn and given ninety harsh lashes.
    I exempt myself from this. Anything I do turns to shit, so if I bet on us to go down we wont. 
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Our best chance of survival is Wigan not beating Fulham. I doubt we will get anything at Leeds and I will be amazed if Luton don't beat Blackburn. Can't see Barnsley winning at Brentford.
    ……..Luton only need a point to go above us if we lose at Leeds, a many expect. I can't see any way they will lose to Blackburn. The bottom line is that a draw at Leeds makes us safe. I am sure that we are capable of a draw albeit I am not confident that we will get one.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I exempt myself from this. Anything I do turns to shit, so if I bet on us to go down we wont. 

…..maybe we are related then. On Saturday, I placed 5 losing bets on one match and then didn't place a single bet on 4 other matches; 19 of the planned bets would have come off. Totally true, including first scorers of Kane, Ings, Giroud, penalties, results, corner counts etc. I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo right now when it comes to betting. On my only occasion playing roulette in Las Vegas, I bet 'black' 7 times on the trot and it came up 'red' every single time. On the 8th (non-betting) occasion it came up 'black'. Also totally true. I might have to lump on us getting relegated to keep us up.