Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    So are we still going to beat the Leeds reserve team that just cruised past Derby?
  • Options
    Maybe the reserves will be tired so they'll play the under 14 team?
  • Options
    So are we still going to beat the Leeds reserve team that just cruised past Derby?
    Yes.

😃
  • Options
    Barnsley now...
  • Options
    1-0 up
  • Options
    FT Barnsley won in 95”
  • Options
    That was always going to happen. We need to secure this ourselves. 
  • Options
    Their last game is Brentford
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    its not in our hands. we won't beat leeds again. shit season.
  • Options
    Hull now bottom on 45.
    Barnsley & Wigan 46
    Luton & Charlton 48.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Complicated the situation a bit but basically, Barnsley can only go above us if they beat Brentford and we lose to Leeds. A draw is enough to stay above them on goal difference.

Wigan must also win to go above us.

Luton must better our result to get past us.

We can allow one of the above three teams to jump us but not two.
  • Options
    All of these ‘upset’ results are proving that it is possible. It is time our players stepped up and p*ssed all over the other teams’ survival dreams. No more complicated. 
  • Options
    Worst case scenario strikes again with Barnsley winning, I am very worried now 
  • Options
    Luton and Barnsley will have confidence to go and win the last game in my opinion. 

We need at least a point at Leeds 

Kinda has a last season feel about it but from a Sunderland perspective, they were never confident, and we was %100 confident eg we won the playoffs

With the mood on here I would probably put us as relegation favorites. 

But this last game is going to be an emotional Rollercoaster 
  • Options
    4 teams chasing 2 spots they don’t want.
  • Options
    Followed the game on bbc text and it seems they threw everything at Forest, hit the post, clearances off line etc.

A big big ask to recover and go again against Brentford so quickly, but fair play for giving it such a good go.
  • Options
    Luton and Barnsley will have confidence to go and win the last game in my opinion. 

Kinda has a last season feel about it but from a Sunderland perspective, they were never confident, and we was %100 confident eg we won the playoffs

Particularly if the EFL do not confirm what is occurring re Wigan and Sheff Weds until Thursday or Friday of this week. We could be relegated on Weds only to find we no longer are by the end of the week. Could be good, but a f*****g shambles nonetheless
  • Options
    Got to hope Mitrovic and Ollie Watkins are on fire.
  • Options
    All we need is a point. Park the bus.......play 3 goalkeepers....anything  !!

Joking btw - I'd much prefer trying to score & win the game than to hold out for a draw 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They could announce it Monday because SW game against Middlesbrough is a nothing game for Middlesbrough. Especially if the points deducted relegates them automatically.

It would be fairer to let all the clubs at the bottom know exactly what they need to do.
  • Options
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    They could announce it Monday because SW game against Middlesbrough is a nothing game for Middlesbrough. Especially if the points deducted relegates them automatically.

It would be fairer to let all the clubs at the bottom know exactly what they need to do.
    If the EFL decided not to give any points deductions and Charlton | Luton both win then Middlesbrough can still go down themselves, as can Birmingham
  • Options

Joking btw - I'd much prefer trying to score & win the game than to hold out for a draw 
    We need more than a point - if Barnsley, Wigan and Luton win?!
  • Options

We need more than a point - if Barnsley, Wigan and Luton win?!
    Yes because whilst we'd be joint points with Barnsley and Wigan, Wigan would be above us on Goal Difference
  • Options
    When Bob Munroe called for either Luton or Hull to win, it had a strange logic, but I always felt it was better for Hull to fluke a win than Luton, who I tipped on my treble this week.

Luton will surely beat Charlton's result at Leeds by beating Blackburn who will turn up will flip flops before jetting off to party in Ibiza from the local airport.

That leaves the inept Hull who never recovered from losing their two main players ( sounds familiar) and Wigan who were party to a far east sting and cruelly has been docked 12 points (rules are rules and are set in stone !) and Barnsley to finish below us.

Ever since we started the 9 match mini League I have been certain we would finish in the bottom 3 and Probably 3rd from bottom, mainly because of the inability of our players to play 100 minutes of the new normal. 
    Using 16 players each games is never ideal,
    Field and Williams can be so good but only seem to have 45 minutes in them. 

Actually, playing 16 players is ok if you have 16 top players like some Prem teams but reminds me of friendly matches when it just means you lose your shape.

The defensive 1-0 against the inept Hull and QPR was a false dawn. And now we need the "not fit for purpose" EFL to stick to their rules. 

It is no joke, we really do need the Leeds boys to go on a 48hr rave.

Unlike many on CL, I praise our squad who stayed and fought despite our many limitations.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

If the EFL decided not to give any points deductions and Charlton | Luton both win then Middlesbrough can still go down themselves, as can Birmingham
    Which is another reason why it should be announced. Middlesbrough and Birmingham also need to know where they stand. Even SW need to know. What it it’s is 5, 6,7, 8, 9 points.

We all need to know.
  • Options

I wish you were a bookie. 
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    Do you not realise how stupid that sounds ? 
    Why does it bother you so much ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020