Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    If Charlton and Luton both win Birmingham, Boro and Hudders could still be relegated its so so tight, 

Nobody is safe

Nope - the most points Wigan can get is 49.
    US and Luton can get 51? 
    Max points:
    Wigan 49
    Hull 48
    Barnsley 49

None of these three can catch the teams on 50.
    Barnsley technically can
    Barnsley can get to 49 if they win their last 2

So they can't catch the teams on 50
  • Options
    Disastrous Luton winning. So near and yet so far the last two games. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    If Charlton and Luton both win Birmingham, Boro and Hudders could still be relegated its so so tight, 

Nobody is safe

Nope - the most points Wigan can get is 49.
    US and Luton can get 51? 
    Max points:
    Wigan 49
    Hull 48
    Barnsley 49

None of these three can catch the teams on 50.
    Barnsley technically can
    Barnsley can get to 49 if they win their last 2

So they can't catch the teams on 50
    Soz not laughing at you mate when I lol! your comment

Just the sort of maths error I'd normally make so has made me chuckle
  • Options
    Hope Leeds players go on the piss for the next few days !!!

• Options
    A successful appeal by Wigan would put the cat amongst the pigeons for sure, but their players’ body language at the end suggested to me that they felt they really really needed the 3 points
  • Options

How do they calculate these percentages?
  • Options

I’m shocked that Wigan are only at 59%. They have to beat Fulham and hope Luton and ourselves don’t win.

That means Wigan should be less than 6/4 to beat Fulham who can still get automatics and will be a very difficult side to beat.

If I’m charge of the numbers, I’m moving Wigan to 70-75%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And dont forget Sheff W. They could still have 12 points deducted & they cant catch us now.
    9 points ahead of us after a 12 point deduction, so if we lose and they win, they'd be ahead of us
    No they are only 8 points ahead of us. If they get a deduction they can’t catch us. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised that we're 22%, to be honest. I don't think it's that unlikely that we lose at Leeds and Wigan and Luton win home games against Fulham and Blackburn. I fancy Luton to win that game; Fulham might be tighter but not impossible given that Huddersfield stuffed WBA last night.
  • Options
    So, to put it simply:

We beat Leeds we stay up
    We draw and we go down if both Wigan and Luton win 
    We lose and we go down if Wigan win and Luton avoid defeat 

Sheffield Wednesday get docked 12 points and we’re safe regardless. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised that we're 22%, to be honest. I don't think it's that unlikely that we lose at Leeds and Wigan and Luton win home games against Fulham and Blackburn. I fancy Luton to win that game; Fulham might be tighter but not impossible given that Huddersfield stuffed WBA last night.
    Our better GD than Luton, Hull and Barnsley certainly help us
  • Options
    And dont forget Sheff W. They could still have 12 points deducted & they cant catch us now.
    9 points ahead of us after a 12 point deduction, so if we lose and they win, they'd be ahead of us
    No they are only 8 points ahead of us. If they get a deduction they can’t catch us. 
    Please, please please

It might save Wigan as well
  • Options
    Please, please please

Yeah I hope Wigan avoid relegation, obviously not at our expense. 

Really can’t see the EFL giving them a deduction at this stage. In fairness I agree that would get harsh, no reason as to why they haven’t done so yet. 
  • Options
    So, to put it simply:

We beat Leeds we stay up

Errrrr... Yes I think that's it... Gee whizz why do we always make it so hard for ourselves?

Sheffield getting deducted 12 points only works if Barnsley lose or draw tomorrow.... I think.... Help! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Please, please please

Can't see them deducting Sheffield Weds this year.  Seems far too late now. If it happens it will be at the start of next season. 
  • Options
    Please, please please

Can't see them deducting Sheffield Weds this year.  Seems far too late now. If it happens it will be at the start of next season. 
    I assume the rules have changed, but back in 1990 Swindon who thought they were promoted to the top flight, instead were relegated to the 3rd division (later reduced to staying put) due to the severity of their misdemeanours.
  • Options
    Please, please please

I assume the rules have changed, but back in 1990 Swindon who thought they were promoted to the top flight, instead were relegated to the 3rd division (later reduced to staying put) due to the severity of their misdemeanours.
    Yeah the officials have become more toothless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, to put it simply:

We beat Leeds we stay up

Errrrr... Yes I think that's it... Gee whizz why do we always make it so hard for ourselves?

Sheffield getting deducted 12 points only works if Barnsley lose or draw tomorrow.... I think.... Help! 
    Yes I’m assuming Barnsley. Probably shouldn’t predict anything but can’t see them winning both games. 
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn’t rule out Barnsley beating Forest at home tomorrow 
    Yes, quite nervous about that game as Forest aren't playing well and Barnsley know they have to give everything
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn’t rule out Barnsley beating Forest at home tomorrow 
    If we get a point Wednesday then Barnsley can’t finish above us. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    stonemuse said:
    https://twitter.com/bakerboy75paul/status/1284485050629857280?s=21

Now we are champions, I hope @CAFCofficial get the points they need to stay up! For bowyer and your fans! #lufc #cafc

Any Leeds players retweeted this yet? ;)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    https://twitter.com/bakerboy75paul/status/1284485050629857280?s=21

Now we are champions, I hope @CAFCofficial get the points they need to stay up! For bowyer and your fans! #lufc #cafc

Any Leeds players retweeted this yet? ;)

Bielsa liked it.
  • Options
    At the end of the day these are professional footballers, many of whom will want to appear in the premiership next season, or will have new contracts to play for, and this will be there last chance for them to impress.

I do not think this game will be a rollover at all. But Bowyer, as he always does, will set us up to compete. 
  • Options
    I’m confident of a point, but I can see Wigan and Luton both winning. 
  • Options
    Disastrous Luton winning. So near and yet so far the last two games. 
    Not at all. Now we know Hull can't catch us barring a 16 goal swing on Wednesday, so as long as we equal Luton's result against Blackburn or Wigan fail to beat Fulham we're safe. It's one less result to worry about to be honest.